What popular TV shows do you dislike?

Or don't understand why they're popular...

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:The movie thread reminded me of a bunch of popular TV shows that I never understood their popularity....

Lost
Alias
Survivor
House
Family Guy
That '70s Show
Simpsons

So what about everyone else?

Mandy
Dude, Lost, 24, House and the Simpsons are great shows. The rest are poop, but even so. Obviously you won't understand the popularity of Lost unless you watch it from the very beginning. It's super-complex.

And yes, Lost is currently the best show airing. Bout time the actual scripted show returns and out goes the reality poop.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

shasta wrote: Numb3rs, for instance, is a great show that you don't have to see every episode to enjoy.

24- Season Two is the best season of TV I've ever seen. [/b] Epic action, thrilling pace... a bit too much torture (definitely not for family viewing). But phenomenal stuff.

-king shasta
Agreed and agreed! I loved Season 2 of 24!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Xiao wrote:
Mandy Straussberg wrote:The movie thread reminded me of a bunch of popular TV shows that I never understood their popularity....

Lost
Alias
Survivor
House
Family Guy
That '70s Show
Simpsons

Mandy
Dude, Lost, 24, House and the Simpsons are great shows. The rest are poop, but even so. Obviously you won't understand the popularity of Lost unless you watch it from the very beginning. It's super-complex.

And yes, Lost is currently the best show airing. Bout time the actual scripted show returns and out goes the reality poop.
Oh, you want to start a fight? Because.. Oh, never mind. Just to say, I HATE Lost. The only good show on ABC in Grey's Anatomy and possibly another one. I do like Extreme HomeMakover, but I don't think that counts.And as you say for CSI, it is the coolest most hilarious show ever. At Least Vegas is, and Miami is really interesting, and NY sucks, not the actors, but the story line(though my sister says NY is better then Miami, because David Can't act, but she just doesn't get it. I do.) is not very good. I can't grab a hold of it. Though Vegas is the most funny. Ever watched a CSI show? I have seen a Lost show, and it was not very good. I mean, the probability that someone would get Lost from an airplane crash on a deserted island, please!

And someone mentioned Numb3rs. I like it, some. My sister is more a fan than me, but I can barely stay up on Fridays. It is all right, to me. I like the math because I am sorta a geek with math myself. I was smarter at math then my three other class mates in the same grade! Except Timothy, possibly.

Another show I don't get is "Cold Case" a little, and a couple of new shows coming on in Fall on CBS. Smith, Jericho, and one on NBC, Heroes. I can't wait for Shark, adn I can't wait for Studio 60 on The Sunset Strip, but I am a little mad at NBC and CBS right now. My two favorite shows (STUDIO 60 and CSI:Miami) will be showing at the same exact time, same exact night. Well, I hope not the series premiere and Season premire, because I have to see Horatio and Eric go to Brazil!!!!!

Enough, I got to go. Stories to write! Love, Maudy(meaning Marisol Delko Caine, Maudy is my nickname, given by Eric, my brother!)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Lost
Alias
Survivor
House
Family Guy
That '70s Show
Simpsons

Mandy
Lost
That 70's Show
Simpsons
those should so not be on that list, basically because they are just good shows...but simpsons if you look a little deeper past the comedy part you will realize that the simpsons have actually covered just about every social issue you can think of.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Marisol Delko Caine wrote: Oh, you want to start a fight? Because.. Oh, never mind. Just to say, I HATE Lost. The only good show on ABC in Grey's Anatomy and possibly another one. I do like Extreme HomeMakover, but I don't think that counts.And as you say for CSI, it is the coolest most hilarious show ever. At Least Vegas is, and Miami is really interesting, and NY sucks, not the actors, but the story line(though my sister says NY is better then Miami, because David Can't act, but she just doesn't get it. I do.) is not very good. I can't grab a hold of it. Though Vegas is the most funny. Ever watched a CSI show? I have seen a Lost show, and it was not very good. I mean, the probability that someone would get Lost from an airplane crash on a deserted island, please!

And someone mentioned Numb3rs. I like it, some. My sister is more a fan than me, but I can barely stay up on Fridays. It is all right, to me. I like the math because I am sorta a geek with math myself. I was smarter at math then my three other class mates in the same grade! Except Timothy, possibly.

Another show I don't get is "Cold Case" a little, and a couple of new shows coming on in Fall on CBS. Smith, Jericho, and one on NBC, Heroes. I can't wait for Shark, adn I can't wait for Studio 60 on The Sunset Strip, but I am a little mad at NBC and CBS right now. My two favorite shows (STUDIO 60 and CSI:Miami) will be showing at the same exact time, same exact night. Well, I hope not the series premiere and Season premire, because I have to see Horatio and Eric go to Brazil!!!!!

Enough, I got to go. Stories to write! Love, Maudy(meaning Marisol Delko Caine, Maudy is my nickname, given by Eric, my brother!)
You hate Lost and you haven't even watched it properly. Hey is it just be or does that sound amazingly arrogant?

Also Grey's Anatomy is one of the worst shows ever concieved. It's Soap meets House and it sucks badly.

Extreme Home Makeover doesn't count. We're talking about scripted shows.

CSI is a pretty good show. So is Law and Order. Certainly not the best, or even close, but it's good enough to keep your button from flipping channels if you're bored. It's quite entertaining. Yes, I watch it quite a lot.

"I have seen a Lost show" LOL!!! Lost is like one giant movie. If you've only seen one, and it wasn't the first, then WTC?? Also, what is the probability? http://news.adventist.org/data/2000/03/ ... ex.html.en Google that. I got more then 8 million results most of them linking to articles about REAL planes crashing on islands, leaving survivors to wait for rescue. Also, the plane crash is Lost isn't exactly.... normal. It's either "planned" like some people think, in a goverment mannor, or some strange electromagnetic force brought it down. It was very essential in the manor of which it crashed. See? You lose.

Numb3rs? I can't say I've ever heard of that.

Cold case? What's Cold Case? Or Shark? Or Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip? You sure watch wierd shows. And you're mad at them because they're competing, something they need to do for either one to be sucessful?

You lose, good day sir.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Xiao wrote:
Marisol Delko Caine wrote: Oh, you want to start a fight? Because.. Oh, never mind. Just to say, I HATE Lost. The only good show on ABC in Grey's Anatomy and possibly another one. I do like Extreme HomeMakover, but I don't think that counts.And as you say for CSI, it is the coolest most hilarious show ever. At Least Vegas is, and Miami is really interesting, and NY sucks, not the actors, but the story line(though my sister says NY is better then Miami, because David Can't act, but she just doesn't get it. I do.) is not very good. I can't grab a hold of it. Though Vegas is the most funny. Ever watched a CSI show? I have seen a Lost show, and it was not very good. I mean, the probability that someone would get Lost from an airplane crash on a deserted island, please!

You hate Lost and you haven't even watched it properly. Hey is it just be or does that sound amazingly arrogant?

Also Grey's Anatomy is one of the worst shows ever concieved. It's Soap meets House and it sucks badly.

Extreme Home Makeover doesn't count. We're talking about scripted shows.

CSI is a pretty good show. So is Law and Order. Certainly not the best, or even close, but it's good enough to keep your button from flipping channels if you're bored. It's quite entertaining. Yes, I watch it quite a lot.

"I have seen a Lost show" LOL!!! Lost is like one giant movie. If you've only seen one, and it wasn't the first, then WTC?? Also, what is the probability? http://news.adventist.org/data/2000/03/ ... ex.html.en Google that. I got more then 8 million results most of them linking to articles about REAL planes crashing on islands, leaving survivors to wait for rescue. Also, the plane crash is Lost isn't exactly.... normal. It's either "planned" like some people think, in a goverment mannor, or some strange electromagnetic force brought it down. It was very essential in the manor of which it crashed. See? You lose.

Numb3rs? I can't say I've ever heard of that.

Cold case? What's Cold Case? Or Shark? Or Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip? You sure watch wierd shows. And you're mad at them because they're competing, something they need to do for either one to be sucessful?

You lose, good day sir.
What does "You Lose"? mean? And I am a girl. Sorry, but I am a girl. Call me a sir one more time, I will change my name back to Horatio Caine! I am a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you have never heard of Numb3rs or Cold Case, or the new shows that are coming on when Fall comes? What do you watch? ABC the whole time, or something like that? I watch loads of stations, so I know what is coming on in the Fall. CBS is my favorite, but hey, they have the best shows on all the time(except during the afternoons, boring!)

Yay, and I am going now. I don't think you got what I meant. oh, well, I have better things to do anyway, like e-mail Eric, and go to capmeeting! So, I will be gone this whole week, starting tomorrow. Good day, woman! There you go. Right back at you.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Xiao's real name is PING, so PING, what are you talking about? Unfortunately, for you, just because you don't like or haven't heard of a show, doesn't mean it's bad or weird.

Maybe you're just weird for not watching it or knowing it.

This kind of thing falls under what I like to call "Personal Preference" meaning you can both be right! *gasps* I know, it's a weird phenomenon.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I dislike ALL popular primtime shows and sit coms except LOST and 24. Although I don't watch 24, I can easily see why it's so popular.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Star Trck: Deep Space 9!
they made a mistake in making that it takes up time they could be playing TNG!
xiao

Post by xiao »

Marisol Delko Caine wrote: What does "You Lose"? mean? And I am a girl. Sorry, but I am a girl. Call me a sir one more time, I will change my name back to Horatio Caine! I am a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you have never heard of Numb3rs or Cold Case, or the new shows that are coming on when Fall comes? What do you watch? ABC the whole time, or something like that? I watch loads of stations, so I know what is coming on in the Fall. CBS is my favorite, but hey, they have the best shows on all the time(except during the afternoons, boring!)

Yay, and I am going now. I don't think you got what I meant. oh, well, I have better things to do anyway, like e-mail Eric, and go to capmeeting! So, I will be gone this whole week, starting tomorrow. Good day, woman! There you go. Right back at you.
You lose means you lose. As in, you lose whatever argument you may have (but hopefully not) been trying to start. Also I pretty much hate ABC, I only watch lost on it and that's it. CBS is okay... not great though. There are better channels. And yes, I got what you meant. Also, you're not in a position to argue... look at the subtitle for this thread... "Or don't understand why they're popular"... don't understand indeed. ;)
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

*feels like logic is gone*

I can't understand the popularity of BIG BROTHER. It's just a show where people get mad at each other and sleep with each other.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Pepper Doyle wrote:I LOVE King of the Hill. It's crass at times, but I think it's a good hearted show and has a lot of good morals in them. The goodness of propane over charcol, for instance!
I've gotten CA to somewhat like it! Some of the episodes have really good messages... plus it's hilarious.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Kyle XY is sooooo LAME!!!!!!!!!!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Larry The Pickle wrote:Kyle XY is sooooo LAME!!!!!!!!!!
you're right! We watched the very first episode, and it was weird and so LAME!!!!!!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

CSI- sorry, I just can't get into it as well as Law and Order!
Haven't seen it yet, but found out someone my husband knows is in it.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

darcy wrote:CSI- sorry, I just can't get into it as well as Law and Order!
Haven't seen it yet, but found out someone my husband knows is in it.
Hey, we all have our difference's. I don't like Law and Order, and you don't like CSI. My parents like Law and Order, but they rarely watch it. Sunday, or whenever it is on, is other things.

Here are a couple I don't get:
Alias
Lost
House(my dad says that in real life, nothing like that would really happen)
The Unit(but I guess it is all right, but I can't get a hold of it)
Any Law and Order
And anything else I just can't remember at the moment.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

House is a good one. Meaning, I think it's popular and I think it's stupid. I hate that guy.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Xiao is right, LOST can only be appreciated if you watch it from the beginning...

Also, alot of show, such as 24, CSI and the like aren't anywhere near being reality...

Personally, I think Nip/Tuck, Greys anatomy and VH1 (the channel) could go the way of the trash heap...
Eiram
OK

Post by Eiram »

I think House is awsome. I never got Lost or Invation. CSI New York isn't the best but it's okay. I don't like regualr Law and Order but Law and Order SVU is pretty good. Numb3rs is really good. and like previously stated I like not having to see it every week.
Save the Duckies! Quack! Quack!
Elijah James ~ September 5th, 2005
Zoë Anne Marie ~ April 11th, 2007
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

The king oof queens
Everybody loves Raymond
Full house
And many more...