No power.

Well, I obviously have power here . . .

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Yes - he works for Dominion, formerly known as Virginia Power, as an Operations Manager. He organizes and sends out all the crews to work on the power lines. :D
Whoa, that's a super cool job...I hope he stays safe during your next power outage! (Or rather, I hope you don't have any more power outages!) :hug:
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Yes - he works for Dominion, formerly known as Virginia Power, as an Operations Manager. He organizes and sends out all the crews to work on the power lines. :D
Yay! My dad works for Niargra Mohawk, a power company. So he's was really busy with all the outages here.

My power never actually went out, but a friend of mine that lives in the same city said his went out for 36hrs.!

We also had incredibly high winds, though I don't remember how bad!

Yeah, sometimes power outages can be fun for a little bit, but did anyone get hit by that ice storm a few years back. Power was out for like a week or whatever. Yeah, that was bad.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Our internet at home still isn't working for some reason. I am freaking out!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Not good - I hope that it works soon! :( My internet at school cuts out randomly sometimes, and it's really annoying, so I know how you feel!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:But there is NONE at my house! All over Tacoma the power is out! There are 40 MPH and higher winds blowing things into power lines, a HUGE tree was blown over. The entire base with all the roots and such were sticking up in the air!

It's crazy. And we're about 40 miles away at a friend's house for the night. They have power thankfully.

So ya, power outages. Not cool.

:robot: < At the request of the 7 year-old standing by this computer
You sent those winds down here............along with tons of rain and lightening. At 18 mins we have now had power longer than any other time since 2 AM (it's now about 9:30 PM)

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.