Pamela Has a Problem

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

i've never heard it....what exactly did you say it was about?

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

**spoilers** Highlight to read.

Connie's friend Pam (who witnessed to her in California) comes to visit Connie unexpectedly. Connie is happy to see her but Pam seems... distracted. Finally she confesses to Connie that she's pregnant. She is terrified to tell her parents... and she's thinking about getting an abortion. Connie is horrified that Pam would do that and there's some tense moments as they interact. Connie convinces Pam to let her tell Whit and he talks to Pam very gently, encouraging her to explore other options and not kill her baby. Neither Whit nor Connie can convince Pam to tell her parents at first, but finally Pam does... only to hear from them that her cousin is also pregnant outside of wedlock. Pam hangs up without telling them and starts crying. The next day, she gets up early and goes to the abortion clinic. There's some scary moments as we here her in there, culminating in the nurse calling her in for her appointment. The next scene cuts to Connie greeting Pam as she comes in the door and we're wondering with Connie if she went through with it. To everyone's relief, Pam tells Connie she couldn't go through with it. Then she says she should call her parents. Just then, her parents appear and gather her into their arms. Her boyfriend had called and confessed to them so they went to Odyssey immediately to help out their daughter. They all go home, leaving Whit and Connie to praise God.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Yeah they didn't want the kids hearing it and didn't think it went with a "theme" that albums used to have. It was good though...I have it on tape. It's sad though. I mean, you have to have some compassion for this girl, I think.
gracie07
Not as new

Post by gracie07 »

PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW I CAN HEAR HEAR THE LOST EPISODES IVE WANTED TO FOR LIKE ABOUT 7 YEARS!!!!!!!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

There's a CD coming out in January with the lost episodes on it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

dawningoftime wrote:There's a CD coming out in January with the lost episodes on it.
Yep. It's part of the Gold Audio series and the title is: Lost Episodes.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

gracie07 wrote:PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW I CAN HEAR HEAR THE LOST EPISODES IVE WANTED TO FOR LIKE ABOUT 7 YEARS!!!!!!!
Here's the cover from OdysseyScoop.com! Coming in January 07 as others said...

Peace,
-king shasta
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

exciting. exciting. exciting. i think it is great that FOTF is listening to the people who love Odyssey. it is like a special little gift, just for us!

:-
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

*laughs* I only just noticed that Whit looks like Indiana Jones in that pic ^_^
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You aren't very bright, are you, Jonathan? ;)

It took me a second to notice it, but then I nearly died laughing! The stone rolling behind him, the microphone cord in his hand coiled like a whip, the outfit...it's hilariously perfect!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Aha! Whit escaped grave danger just to find the lost episodes! :lol:

I've heard the episode before, and I think it's a really good one. It's definitely a more "adult" episode, but I'm still glad they're releasing it.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:You aren't very bright, are you, Jonathan? ;)

It took me a second to notice it, but then I nearly died laughing! The stone rolling behind him, the microphone cord in his hand coiled like a whip, the outfit...it's hilariously perfect!
I caught the Indiana Jones connection right away and had a good laugh over it. :rofl:

I did miss the rolling stone though! #-o Thanks for pointing that out Catspaw! :hilarious:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Bright? Definately. Slow

...sometimes ;)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

heehee... Catspaw and I, the big Indy/Harrison fans that we are, caught the details quite quickly :D How 'bout the style of how "Lost Episodes" is written?

I'm really looking forward to this release!
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, the font is great too! \:D/ *high-fives Darcy for general Harrison Ford coolness* \:D/

And Chandler, about the big rock...please try to keep up with things, or else Darcy and I will have to kick you out of the Indy fan club. :noway:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Didn't know I was in it. :-s
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

We made you join because we couldn't stand just staring at each other and wishing that we had more members than the Rick Rancid fan club. :(
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Now that I'm out of it, you could make Darcy take a trip to the Electric Palace and have her kick you out of the club for making her miss Indiana Jones reruns. O:)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

um... that last one went over my head :anxious:
Especially since Catspaw never makes me miss the Indiana Jones reruns... unless there are Young Indiana Jones Chronicles reruns on that she's created a conspiracy around for me never to find the channel for :-k
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

the title "Pamela Has A Problem" makes me think that i am going to listen to an afterschool special.

(for those younger Odyssey fans, there used to be these afterschool specials, which, incidentially, aired after school, in the seventies and eighties. i don't know if there are afterschool specials anymore, with cable and all, but they were always about a teenager getting into some horrible situation and how everything worked out in about an hour.)

:shame: