American Idol

New Season starts Jan 17th

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I thought that cowboy kid must have been an act! I don't know . . . he needs some socialization, that's for sure!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Joni_Slade wrote: But, oh, goodness. The cowboy kid from Wyoming? Who sings to the turkey? Was the most adorable human being I have ever seen. "I know it's kinda a silly dream, but I've just always wanted to fly in an airplane." !! And his reaction to being accepted? !! There are no words for how cute that was.

Yes I was so glad that he made it! It was so cute how he couldn't even remember the name of the song. I was like "this can only go downhill from here..." but then he did a good job, he does "have a good voice inside there somewhere" as Simon said. O:) I hope he can get lessons and impress the judges in hollywood. And I was happy for him that he gets to fly in an airplane!

Haha and he reminded me of coT at first because of his cowboy hat and his whole family with all their hats...lol
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

poWerbOy wrote:Yes I was so glad that he made it! It was so cute how he couldn't even remember the name of the song. I was like "this can only go downhill from here..." but then he did a good job, he does "have a good voice inside there somewhere" as Simon said. O:) I hope he can get lessons and impress the judges in hollywood. And I was happy for him that he gets to fly in an airplane!

Haha and he reminded me of coT at first because of his cowboy hat and his whole family with all their hats...lol
Haha, totally. When I first saw him, I thought, "There's Cowboy of Texas!" \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Ie with veryone who says that Simon is simply a gimic this year. He is over the top, and simply just an aspect to simply draw in viewers.

And I love him to death. :D
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I thought that cowboy kid must have been an act!
That's what I thought at first, too. I was like, "this kid cannot be real". But I've watched his segment a few times (I kept showing him to other people:) and I actually think that's genuinely how he is.
poWerbOy wrote:It was so cute how he couldn't even remember the name of the song. I was like "this can only go downhill from here..." but then he did a good job
I know! He was very surprising. I hope he gets some lessons and improves, too, because there was a good voice in there.

Re: Simon
AIO Psyche wrote:And I love him to death.
I don't think I'd watch without Simon. I do think he's going too far, and I don't always agree with him anymore . . . yet I watch because of him. He's an effective gimmick :)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Latest fanfiction: Parting Words.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Joni_Slade wrote:
I don't think I'd watch without Simon. I do think he's going too far, and I don't always agree with him anymore . . . yet I watch because of him. He's an effective gimmick :)
Yes i think he is an effective gimmic and that it does make people watch. It would be a little less annoying however, if he didn't use the same descriptions over and over, like "you're the worst singer i've ever heard" and all that stuff. In a twisted sort of way, i like when his mean remarks are at least creatively descriptive, not just like "you're horrible" or "that was a disaster".
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I don't think Simon's a gimic. I think he actually knows what he's talking about usually.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

I agree he usually knows what he's talking about. The definition of gimmick that I mean is "an innovative stratagem or scheme employed especially to promote a project". Simon is the reason a lot of people watch, which is why Fox was so desparate to keep him on the show.

Dude. What was with Simon in San Francisco? Seriously moody, and his judging was way off. I did like him getting that girl her job back, though.

Edit: Please don't double post. ~Jennifer Doyle
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Latest fanfiction: Parting Words.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Anyone watch this week?

The best line was from that crazy pyshcic lady that came back.

"I do have predictions about Season 5, but I am not going to share them right now".

I thought Simon was a little less harsh the past two nights too.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I like the auditions, but the real thing is kinda boring. The auditions are funny :D

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I've never even seen American Idol.....
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Lady Simbelmynë wrote:I've never even seen American Idol.....
God bless you.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

jasodia wrote:I like the auditions, but the real thing is kinda boring. The auditions are funny :D
yeah definitely! and some of them just plain disturbing...
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Okay, I must say...I loved the auditions this season. :) The guy who hammered the DVD was priceless! And who can forget the Jamaican dude from Bakersfield?! (Okay...I guess it's because my parents lived in Bakersfield for a while. ;) Seriously, though...he was pretty hilarious!)

nn
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Hollywood beings tonight! I haven't ever actually watched the hollywood level, so this should be interesting, though i've heard the hollywood part is boring.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

poWerbOy wrote:Hollywood beings tonight! I haven't ever actually watched the hollywood level, so this should be interesting, though i've heard the hollywood part is boring.
Personally, I find the Hollywood episodes to be much more interesting than the audition episodes. At least people who get to Hollywood can sing. Mostly, anyway. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Did the cowboy kid make it? It was cool to see him see the ocean for the first time.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Garrett made it past the first round of eliminations in Hollywood.
SweetJoy93
Not as new

Post by SweetJoy93 »

Ok I will (Definitely) watch AI this year any ways for you people who say its stupid its really not have you really ever watched it.. :fro:
Joni_Slade wrote:I shouldn't watch. I know it's a waste of time. But I'm sort of watching anyway.

I've never met anyone who idolizes the American Idol--it's more common to find people who criticize them. I like the end of the season, once the top twelve have been chosen and all the performances are decentish. The bad auditions at the beginning get a little old. Very old. Very fast.

But, oh, goodness. The cowboy kid from Wyoming? Who sings to the turkey? Was the most adorable human being I have ever seen. "I know it's kinda a silly dream, but I've just always wanted to fly in an airplane." !! And his reaction to being accepted? !! There are no words for how cute that was.

Nobody's singing has made me go wow yet, though. I did like both sets of twins.

Simon has definitely turned into a gimmick this year, at least for the early episodes. His nastiness is so over-the-top that it's got to be an act. I find that disappointing--he's no longer "the honest judge who everyone really agrees with but is too polite to say so". Now he's just randomly vitriolic. Maybe he'll tone it down once they're not listening to so many awful auditions.
It's not silly at all I think he's cute to but I did like the guy David. :pigfly:

Edit - please try to avoid double posts. Thanks! - Catspaw
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Garrett made it past the first round of eliminations in Hollywood.
haha last night after i watched i realized that i didn't even know his name because i kept referring to him as the cowboy kid.
I was happy that he made it, that david radford made it, and that crazy dave did not.