How many times have you been to the (official) Whit's End?

Let's see who wins

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I've been once.

I expected it to be disappointing, from what I'd heard... so I was pleasantly surprised. I'd go again. Probably when I have my own kids, though.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I've been there many times. During the internship, there was days that instead of going to the cafeteria's for lunch, I would run to Whit's End to grab a hot dog or slice of pizza. It's probably not worth going to Whit's End just for the sake of going to Whit's End, but if you get a chance to tour Focus on the Family and see the studios and everything, then the trip is really worth it.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I did say don't rub it in....

didn't I say that? Right up there ^^^

Thanks Shadowpaw :evil: I've seen your pictures :roll:

;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Sonny C Rathbne Doyle
OK

Post by Sonny C Rathbne Doyle »

I've been three once. No Twice. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. :protest: Argh! I don't no!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I've never been. But, it's on my list of places to go! Hopefully sometime in the not-too-distant future.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

super wrote:I've been three once. No Twice. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. :protest: Argh! I don't no!
Considering you are in Malaysia, I'd guess you haven't been there (and we are talking about the Whit's End at FOTF headquarters in Colorado, not the official site).
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Once. But, it shouldn't count because I was a baby. :(
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

I've been several times. I went with my family two or three times when I was in elementary school, and I went again this summer. It was definately worth visiting for me.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Only seen pictures. I'd like to go there for real sometime. :pray:
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

EugeneFan wrote:I've been several times. I went with my family two or three times when I was in elementary school, and I went again this summer. It was definately worth visiting for me.
I saw pictures of your visit. (I think that Dancer was there at the same time.)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
twinklebelle63
Gold Member

Post by twinklebelle63 »

I'd love to go, it looks pretty fun...

Do some fans treat it like Comic Con and dress up as their favorite character? I just got done watching Comic Book: The Movie (co-starring Jess "Wooton" Harnell!!) is why I ask.
Ben: "What do you want more than anything else in the world?"
Wembley: "To feel."
---"So Many Eyes"
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

twinklebelle63 wrote:I'd love to go, it looks pretty fun...

Do some fans treat it like Comic Con and dress up as their favorite character? I just got done watching Comic Book: The Movie (co-starring Jess "Wooton" Harnell!!) is why I ask.
I don't think so. :anxious:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

No no one dresses up. It's kind of a whole bunch of little kids running around. It's a little more based for younger children. But hey it's still odyssey. It's neat to go at least once so you can say you've gone. And they've put alot of work into it so it's pretty fun.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Unfortunately, only once. :-( And it was a long time ago when there wasn't much there.

nn
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I'd love to go someday! But...only if I was already in the CO Springs area. I wouldn't make a trip all the way out there just for that. Then again, maybe I would! There is a whole lot of other stuff for visitors to see at Focus, isn't there?
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I went once, a few weeks ago. :D A family that is really good friends with ours and we went there, it was AWESOME (The FOTF center) :D!!
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Tenjiee
Just visiting

Post by Tenjiee »

Ive been thre at least 20 or 30 times...lol im such a spaz but i live a half hour away and am always around there for hockey or to visit my sis at school so im like why not go and remember some old times:-)
Dont be proud of hiding who you are... Be proud of being proud of who you are! Rock this world for God! LIVE OUT LOUD!
-Peace
Dave-
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

One time! \:D/
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

oh my word! this makes me mad remembering whit's end, because my family went there and the ice cream was messed up! i so wanted a rasberry ripple, and the people were like, "sorry. it's messed up." *tear tear* i was disappointed, but then i thought that it was sure to be not as good as my expectations (nearly everything isn't) and i let it slide - LOL!!!

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I got to have Raspberry Ripple the second time that I was there, and it was really good! :drool: I'm sorry that you couldn't the time you were there, jasodia. :(