What movie is the best movie made so far this year?

And are any better than The LOTR series?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I expect CoN is already finished.....so.....thats the best!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

It is according to the article Trent posted in the official narnia thread \:D/
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Godsballerina
Gold Member

Post by Godsballerina »

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!!! :D :D

"Chewing gum is really grose, Chewing gum I hate the most!!!"

But Narnia looks like it might beet it!! :-s
Oh the Cleverness of me!!~Peter Pan

I love Ballet!!!
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (saw it on Friday. So good!)
Batman Begins
Wallace and Gromit, Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Batman Begins and Narnia. Narnia is going to be AMAZING!!
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

Madagascar all the way! I mean really!

Narnia too, for sure, though I can't be 100.1 percent sure until it comes out.

:D -JC

SUPER JEREMYCARTWOOD!!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I think Harry Potter and the GoF is the best movie so far for one reason there was a freshness about it that I've missed in other movies (and the soundtrack went a long way to helping that). I will reserve jugement on the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe but I must confess I am a fan of the BBC version, so we'll see.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yay! Go King Kong! \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Can't really be called better thant LOTR but Chronicles of Narnia was flipping sweet!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Well, according to most movie critics, it is. I doubt I'll like it better than LotR or CoN, but in movie-making terms King Kong is arguably the best, at least according to the critics. Although, in my book, Return of the King will always be the best movie EVER unless one of the Narnia movies proves to be better.
Last edited by Elrohir on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Beating out LOTR is like... impossible. However there are indeed some excellent movies out.
Tinuviel
Found
Location: Here or there- but isn't here just there without the t??

Post by Tinuviel »

/\ diito /\
I finally say Charlie & the Chocolate Factory- it was great! Narnia is good too- those are the best this year...
Only one life twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ twill last;
And when I am dying how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burnt out for Thee!
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

i LOVED batman begins!!! and charlie and the chocolate factory was awesome too! narnia was okay. i can't wait until july of 2006 - POTC 2: dead man's chest!!!!! i'm so excited!

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Chronicles of Narnia, Chicken Little, HP4, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Fantastic Four, The Island, War Of The Worlds, Batman Begins, Charlie Chocolate, The Fog, Sky High, Transporter 2, The Longest Yard, Bewitched, and Kicking and Screaming.

Those are the ones I can think of. Of course I'm not just naming all the ones I saw, but just 15 out of 200. There are alot more that I really enjoyed and of course ones I haven't seen but might add to the list. Some of them are these:

Red Eye, Brothers Grimm, Stay, Cry Wolf, The Cave, Skeleton Key, The Ring 2, Dark Water, XXX 2, Unleashed, A sound of Thunder, The Interpretor, The Boogeyman, Mindhunters, and of course King Kong and Fun With Dick and Jane (not out yet)
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I'm going to Revive this topic since I was planning to make one very simmilar.

The Moves I saw in theatres in 2005 were:

1. In Good Company

"Kinda interesting--I'd much have rather had seen it on DVD. What a terrible movie to go see in theatres, however."

2. Unleashed-

"Surprisingly, it was a very good film. It had a lot more heart then most of these Kung-Fu Moves do. Their is quite a bit of profanity and other not so very nice things, which, I didn't know about before entering the movie, and so, I don't nessecarily recommend it for the rest of you."

3.Star Wars Episode 3

"Star Wars Episode three is those types of movies that are really good the first time...but the 2nd time, you start to think how much it wasn't all that spectacular. However, seeing it in theatres was very nice, and I had a great time watching it.

4.Charlie and The Chocolate Factory

"I just rented it again the other day, and, wow, it's a LOT better the first time around. Johnny Depp was still very good in it, and it has something that the old one just didn't have. Still, a very good kid's movie."

5. Red Eye

"I thought this movie was surprisingly really good. It wasn't a horror, but since it was made by someone who was known for horrors, it made the movie a lot more suspensful."

6.Four Brothers

"I saw this movie in French, for some reason, and came into the movie 10 minutes late. However, for some reason, I didn't pay for it...so, it's all good... :anxious:. I don't think I wouldv'e enjoyed it as much if I had payed for it, because, it wasn't that terrific. But, it was still an enjoyable movie. Again, their was a little bit of things here and there that younger viewers should see."

7. A History of Violence

"I don't think I really bothered looking at 'Pluggedinonline' for the decency of this movie. Which is the number one reason why I don't recommend this to anyone else. The scenes in it are extremmely visual--both the violent and dirty scenes. Luckily, it actually DOES have a point in the movie. The whole movie wasn't really entertainment--I think its main purpose was to really have you leave the theatre feeling sickened...at how violence affected one man's life. I mean, the movie was made well, but, I don't recommend it for anyone else. Besides, some of the story near the end didn't begin to make sense..."

8. Flightplan

"This was one of my favorite movies of the year, actually. Sure, some of the things in the end didn't make sense, but it was a good clean thriller, with a good cast and great suspense! I loved it. And all my friends I went with were truly cheering for the hero. Great film--highly recommend it--"

9. The Legend Of Zorro

"I don't think a WORST sequal couldv'e been made. You guys know how in the first "Zorro", there's a bunch of action, a serious plot, with mild comedy, for adults? Well, this one, they lowered the rating, and made it into a kids movie. The bad-guys were the worst in the world...and all the scenery looked fake and polished to be a kind's of kids set. The Movie was just aweful. We were ready to leave after 20 minutes. Luckily, it gets better around the middle...but just ruins things again at the end."

10. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"Being a bit more careful about the movies I go see...I decided to go to the very first viewing of this film. I waited out in the cold for 2 hours before they unlocked the theatre doors. Their was a strike that day at my school, and so, things worked out well."

11. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

"Well, this was probably the most anticipated movie in my life. And I had been keeping track of its progress for about two years now. I'm happy I wasn't dissapointed, and it turned out to be one film.

And that concludes it...

11 movies seen in theatres this year.

Though, I saw other movies on DVD that also came other this year. Honorable mentions go out to "Million Dollar Baby", "Finding Neverland", "The Interpreter" and "War of the Worlds" and "Batman Begins", and "Sahara", and "Cinderella Man".

I have yet to see in theatres "King-Kong"...and PERHAPS "Fun with Dick and Jane" but supposedly, it isn't getting the greatest reviews.

Best Movies of 2005:

5. Red Eye
4. Star Wars, episode 3
3. Flightplan
2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
1. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

BC
Last edited by Bennett on Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I have seen most of the movies you posted BC and my top 4 matches your top 4. I was suprised at how good Flight Plan was.

Although, like you, I have yet to see King Kong...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

Narnia all the way. Madagascar was good too

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

King Kong was awesome! It is something you probably should should see in theatres, or it won't be as good. (like Stealth) Lots of chills, thrills, and jumps! Definately in my top ten movies ever, not just 2005.
Last edited by Larry The Pickle on Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I really, really enjoyed Unleashed... great film, though like BC said, I can't really recommend it on a Christian message board targeting children... :anxious:

Anyone see "The Island"? It totally, totally bombed, so apparently not many people did. I saw it, and I would probably consider that and Unleashed as my top two theater movies for the year... although King Kong was great, too.

I saw other movies I thought were pretty good (Batman Begins, SW3, Four Brothers) and some I didn't really like too much (Hitchhiker's Guide), but those two were really exceptional.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Eeyorefreak666 wrote:I really, really enjoyed Unleashed... great film, though like BC said, I can't really recommend it on a Christian message board targeting children... :anxious:
Yeah, I actually found the breaks from fighting and Jett Lea's family life with Morgan Freeman really quite interesting. Morgan Freeman really brought up the intellectual side of the film, and Jett Lee's acting was really good. I enjoyed how they portrayed him as a victim and as someone being used for his powers, and, in the end, showing how "I will not fight anymore. I don't want to hurt people" is sometimes the right answer...it's deffinatly a message rarely shown in these types of movies. Quite an enjoyable film...
THE TOP CRUSADER!! wrote:Anyone see "The Island"? It totally, totally bombed, so apparently not many people did. I saw it, and I would probably consider that...
Good to know. I'm actually renting it tonight. For some reason it got some low reviews. But, it looks like an enjoyable film...

BC