What did you LEARN today?

post a random fact you learned...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I learned that some people are insane enough to play through Chrono Trigger for speed alone...
although it sort of makes sense because it's CT... but still.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

The circumference of the earth is approx 25,000 miles at the equator! Haha! Yes! \:D/

^ I think that's correct. :-k
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

ajamj wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Little kids are funny.

Yours Truely,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
You just learned that?
No. It just became more apparent today.

Yours Truely,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I learned that levels 43 and 44 of the game Moby Blaster on the hard version are not only impossible, but also maddening. And they make ones vision blury after a while.
NatetheGreat wrote:That the game SUDOKU on www.miniclip.com is totaly hard and not fun at all. :noway:
Try this site Nate. You can choose the difficulty level.
Me wrote:
Rachael wrote:
Me wrote:That the google ads program requires a social security number.
I learned that EVERYONE at your college requires your social security number.
So true..... The amount of paperwork at college is rather insane is it not?
Ugh, ain't that the truth. I also learned (or became convinced in my head) that my school's administration is bent on making life difficult for the students that go here (I still haven't gotten all of my tuition and finaincal aid taken care of because of their errors).

-Jonathan
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

I think that every college is that way. :noway:
It's a conspiracy. :anxious:

Yours Not Conspiring,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

haha that's great!

today i learned that the word "juxtapose" means side by side or next to something. i love words!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I learned that it feels really weird when you come out of...whatever that word it when the put you to sleep.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I learned not to put all your eggs in one basket.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I learned that enthymeme means your topic sentence or thesis of your argumentative paper and should include "should and because" in it.

Absolutely thrilling, huh?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Unholy Trinity wrote:I learned that enthymeme means your topic sentence or thesis of your argumentative paper and should include "should and because" in it.

Absolutely thrilling, huh?
Undoubtedly... :anxious:

RAID 0 can be fast...really fast.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Playing Moby Blaster for 10 hours (or maybe it was more then that) is not only futile because 44 isn't beatable because by that point your vision is doing funny things. And your arm. And that I should just give up on it ](*,)

-Jonathan
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

That I can write 4 pages of story in an hour and half. \:D/

Yours Truely,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas

Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

That missing school is not a good idea because I have about four tests to make up. ](*,)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

AIOFan11 wrote:
J-man wrote::-k M?
This is my 4,100 post!

Back to the topic...

It was an equation thing were I had to solve an unknown, and it said that I could use any letter, he used M and it stood for money. :D
I see. My examples always use x's.. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Jonathan wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:That the game SUDOKU on www.miniclip.com is totaly hard and not fun at all. :noway:
Try this site Nate. You can choose the difficulty level.

-Jonathan
I learned that Miniclip has much better graphics for the game Sudoku than at the above address.
Tinuviel
Found
Location: Here or there- but isn't here just there without the t??

Post by Tinuviel »

Well let's see. My brother is just full of interesting facts that he loves to share.
Did you know that if the entire population of China walked past you single file, the line of people would never end because of their rate of reproduction??
Ah yes, here's one of my own. More people are killed each on ((& in the surrounding waters of)) tropical islands by falling coconuts than by sharks.
Only one life twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ twill last;
And when I am dying how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burnt out for Thee!
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Tinuviel wrote:Well let's see. My brother is just full of interesting facts that he loves to share.
Did you know that if the entire population of China walked past you single file, the line of people would never end because of their rate of reproduction??
Ah yes, here's one of my own. More people are killed each on ((& in the surrounding waters of)) tropical islands by falling coconuts than by sharks.
Cool! Do you and your bro have any other facinating facts like that?
Tinuviel
Found

Post by Tinuviel »

NatetheGreat wrote:
Tinuviel wrote:Well let's see. My brother is just full of interesting facts that he loves to share.
Cool! Do you and your bro have any other facinating facts like that?
lol- plenty...
And when I am dying how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burnt out for Thee!
Tinuviel
Found

Post by Tinuviel »

Assuming Rudolph was in front there are 40320 ways to arrange the other eight reindeer.

`
In 1977 there were 37 Elvis impersonators in the world. In 1993, there were 48,000. At this rate, by the year 2010 one out of every three people will be an Elvis impersonator.

`
If you started counting, and said one number every second, it would take you 33 years to get to 1 billion.

`
The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.

`
The distance between an alligator's eyes in inches is directly proportional to the length of the alligator in feet.(mesure next time you see an aligator)

`
A quarter has 119 grooves on its edge, a dime has one less groove.

Woodpekcer scalps, porpoise teeth and giraffe tails have all been used as money.

`
More money is printed daily for the Monopoly game than by the U.S. Treasury.

`
It takes about 142.18 licks to reach the center of a tootsie pop.

`
If the bottom two rows of keys on your keyboard suddenly failed, the longest word you could still be able to type out is 'typewriter'.

`
Brazil got it's name from the nut, not the other way around.(i.e. brazilnut)
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Sweet! Tell us more! Tell us more! :pray: \:D/