No Bonus Features for Album 56?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

But what if there was a code that could be typed in there, and could only be used once. And when it is typed in it takes you to a page where the URL is not shown?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

a system like that would require some sort of programmer to make happen something that's probably not in the budget for FOTF right now
Last edited by Reddo on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Why don't they just make the video a part of a podcast? Since they've been putting out video podcasts like crazy of late, just put the video in a future podcast.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I think just giving it out free in a podcast seems the easiest option. If it had been included in the hard copy, I'd say it's a good extra insentive to buy the album, but since it isn't, they really need to make it available to hard copy buyers. It doesn't make me very happy when those of us who want an actual copy get a worse deal. Is it my fault I like traditional?

P.S. Can you tell I'm still upset that they prerealese the albums for download before they air all the episodes?

P.P.S Why aren't they just including them as data files on the discs so you can get them off the discs from a computer? That would take up a lot less space.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Dallas R. wrote:I think just giving it out free in a podcast seems the easiest option. If it had been included in the hard copy, I'd say it's a good extra insentive to buy the album, but since it isn't, they really need to make it available to hard copy buyers. It doesn't make me very happy when those of us who want an actual copy get a worse deal. Is it my fault I like traditional?

P.S. Can you tell I'm still upset that they prerealese the albums for download before they air all the episodes?

P.P.S Why aren't they just including them as data files on the discs so you can get them off the discs from a computer? That would take up a lot less space.
Probably because what you and I are suggesting makes too much sense, is way too easy for fans and would cost money.

You are not the only one who does not like the early download option. I don't like it either.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Dallas R. wrote:I think just giving it out free in a podcast seems the easiest option. If it had been included in the hard copy, I'd say it's a good extra insentive to buy the album, but since it isn't, they really need to make it available to hard copy buyers. It doesn't make me very happy when those of us who want an actual copy get a worse deal. Is it my fault I like traditional?

they could have done that for the bonus audio on the CD, but most people probably wouldn't find that, and as for the video it was still too large to put on there after they have the episodes on there
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Reddo wrote:

they could have done that for the bonus audio on the CD, but most people probably wouldn't find that, and as for the video it was still too large to put on there after they have the episodes on there
They could have added an extra CD and added a DVD. Yes the album would have cost more but the extra money would have been more revenue for FOTF and AIO. Also I think any die hard fan of AIO like myself would be willing to pay more. Like I suggested in my earlier post there was also the option of making the video available via a podcast. Since there are fans who cannot or do not want to pay extra including the video in a podcast would have solved the problem. At least with these options fans would be able to actually watch the video instead of where we are now.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:57 am, edited 7 times in total.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Laurie wrote:
Reddo wrote:the bonus features are only on the download version not the CD version
That explains why I will never hear them. Downloading from CBD does not work for me. Seems to me they should include them on the CD albums as well. Despite my enjoying not having to juggle players I would have enjoyed hearing them as I love the behind the scenes info.
Yes, that is highly unfair to Non-American fans. AND people should be rewarded for purchasing the physical product as it cost more to produce. :noway:

-- 16 Oct 2012 01:24 pm --
AIOCREFan wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:Couldn't they do it off of Whitsend.org or the Focus site then?
Brillant idea. =D>
Then someone would give out the link and tons of people would download it whether they have the album or not. It always happens. :(
Would that really be a bad thing? What good are the bonus features without the albums? And it might encourage people to either buy the album or the download. And I repeat, it is unfair to non-north american fans.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

jennifertwt wrote: people should be rewarded for purchasing the physical product as it cost more to produce. :noway:
If it costs more to produce the physical product, they would be more likely to reward those who download--encouraging people to take advantage of the method that benefits the producers more.

Personally, I am a big fan of the downloads--I get the episodes instantly, no waiting for the CD's to be mailed, they are put on my computer at time of purchase which is where I want them anyway, and no bulky CD's or cases taking up room in my house. Not to mention less waste and less shipping makes downloading the environmentally friendly choice.

All that being said, I do think it's unfair to not get all the bonus features when you buy the CD. It's part of the collection, it should be available no matter what format you use to purchase the collection.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth