I demand the return of....

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Do you want Harlow Doyle to return to Odyssey?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 37

Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Woody wrote:
Ginny Weasley wrote:Can this maybe become a general "we want this back" thread? It's more open for discussion that way.
Sounds good to me! \:D/
One condition. Before you say the thing you want to have return, you must say "I demand the return of:"
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Harlow is a great character, and I can't help but love him, however he's apart of Odyssey's past. I believe that it's time to move on and focus on the other characters.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Woody

Post by Woody »

And... I now demand the return of..... JUNE KENDALL!!!!!!

Discuss!
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Harlow Doyle got on my nerves personally... What episode in #54?
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Harlow Doyle got on my nerves personally... What episode in #54?
Childish Things. He's not named but its obvious its him.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Woody wrote:And... I now demand the return of..... JUNE KENDALL!!!!!!

Discuss!
I like June Kendall but I don't think it's necessary for her to come back.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

She's okay, I s'pose. I just want my teenagers back. Just in general. :inlove: \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Peachey Keen wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:Harlow Doyle got on my nerves personally... What episode in #54?
Childish Things. He's not named but its obvious its him.
Oh, I didn't catch that, thanks :)
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Hmm. Nope. I'd be good if Harlow isn't in any episodes any more. He's always sort of bugged me, and he's unrealistic in so many ways. At least Wooton can be smart, and I think he chooses (as much as a character can) to act the way he does. Harlow is just clueless all around and has no idea how unintelligent he is. If I ever met a man like Harlow, I'd have to wonder about him.
But, as others have said, it's a sort of silly question since he's never really left. Not only is he in the above mentioned episodes, but he even makes an appearance at that half episode "Welcome to Whit's End" that reintroduced the show.

And to continue the side topic, I'd love to see the return of June Kendall, assuming it fit with the story, and wasn't forced. She really needs no more introduction to new listeners than, Connie saying, "This is my Mom" to one of the kids.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

If only they hadn't made that episode showing that Trandy got married, because otherwise, Trent could come back and marry Frank, making an official Trank. But...that could be misunderstood. ;)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
whittaker96
Gold Member

Post by whittaker96 »

June Kendall was one of the best and understated Odyssey moms. Her personality is incredibly warm and relatable and it would be wonderful if she came back!
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

Woody wrote:And... I now demand the return of..... JUNE KENDALL!!!!!!

Discuss!
Yes!!
TigerintheShadows

DanP740 wrote:If only they hadn't made that episode showing that Trandy got married, because otherwise, Trent could come back and marry Frank, making an official Trank. But...that could be misunderstood. ;)
There should be an episode in which Mandy works at a hot dog stand and someone decides to call her "Frankfurter" (Frank for short) and then Trent pops the question and then there is an official Trent/"Frank" and we still keep our beloved Trent/Mandy. \:D/

It's the weirdest theory ever, but it's the best I could do on the fly. :anxious:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps

Post by Taps »

I demand the return of...

Johnny Depp.
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I'm glad he's not around anymore he was really annoying. I mean, he did have his funny moments but.....they were few and far between.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

DanP740 wrote:If only they hadn't made that episode showing that Trandy got married, because otherwise, Trent could come back and marry Frank, making an official Trank. But...that could be misunderstood. ;)
Do we know Mandy's middle name? Maybe it could be Francine and Trent could affectionately nickname her Frank because she's so honest. That isn't too far-fetched, is it? ;)
TigerintheShadows

Catspaw wrote:
Do we know Mandy's middle name? Maybe it could be Francine and Trent could affectionately nickname her Frank because she's so honest. That isn't too far-fetched, is it? ;)
Yours is a lot better than mine. \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Edwin Blackgaard! or another character by Earl Boen, not Regis Blackgaard, he needs to stay dead.

-- 26 Sep 2012 04:19 pm --

Richard Maxwell could be cool too. His character had such a change that it would be interesting to see his development continue as with all new christians, struggles with the past, acceptance by others............hm....now there could be a romance for Connie...............
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Loney 97
Not as new
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Planet Earth, The Solar System as We Know It. . .

Post by Loney 97 »

Laurie wrote:Not me. Harlow was very annoying even in small doses. Harlow can stay right where he is forever.
I agree; I really find Harlow Doyle pretty annoying. One character they should have return is Buck, and maybe Grady. Eugene & Katrina should definitely adopt Buck now that they can't have kids, it's the only logical thing ;)
Thank you to my SS for the great sig!
King Herod
Just visiting

Post by King Herod »

Laurie wrote:Not me. Harlow was very annoying even in small doses. Harlow can stay right where he is forever.
Ah. Someone who actually thinks a bit like me. I don't miss Harlow in the least. Now Nick Mulligan on the other hand- I'd love to see him around again...