Doctor Who

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
conquestor wrote:Yeah and all the ghost and rising from the dead. And it was almost like demons
Josh let you watch that one? o.O
Yeah, I'm with TKD...:anxious:

Till the end of the line.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Not really see clips yes but not the entire.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I'm supposed to watch the Shakespeare episode tonight. Now I guess I'll have to skip it :(
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^if you're creeped out by witches, then yeah, you should.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I've skipped several episodes. Most of them are pretty...well, lame O:)

Though, I started Season 3 last evening and fell in love with Martha :inlove:
*insert provocative quote here*
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Awww, but The Shakespeare Code is so funny!

Seriously, there are some epic lines. :lol: (I feel the need to throw in my two cents on the episodes that are currently being discussed.)

I actually greatly enjoyed The Unquiet Dead. Charles Dickens was amazing, and the people were not really rising from the dead. It was just the aliens using the corpses as vehicles. :p

I need to rewatch The God Complex, but I don't remember anyone saying that faith is futile. I thought it was only mentioned because the monster could take one's faith and feed off of it. :-k

I suppose the only two episodes that I have seen and not appreciated were The Impossible Planet and The Satan Pit. I was just so disappointed that they tried to go all spiritual with it. I mean, they could have just said the monster was an ancient, evil creature and left it at that, and it would have been fine. The way the climax in The Satan Pit played out was vintage Doctor Who; if only they had left out the spiritual aspect those episodes would have been awesome. *sigh*
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

conquestor wrote:Not really see clips yes but not the entire.
Whew, okay. ;)

Aeva, yes, there were a lot of good lines. It's been a while since I've seen it, did they have a reason why the 'dolls' worked? :?

Pretty cool, if not for the witches. I don't know Mercy, your call. It's not as bad as the Satan Pit or anything, but. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

"The God Complex" is one of my favorite episodes. If viewing the comments made about faith in light of Christianity, they are very, very wrong. But I heard and connected them to the Doctor's own religion of self importance. His god complex, if you will. ;) It was a really good spin on the Doctor's character... sort of like the end of "The Waters of Mars", but in a different way.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Termite wrote:"The God Complex" is one of my favorite episodes. If viewing the comments made about faith in light of Christianity, they are very, very wrong. But I heard and connected them to the Doctor's own religion of self importance. His god complex, if you will. ;) It was a really good spin on the Doctor's character... sort of like the end of "The Waters of Mars", but in a different way.
Oh yes, I agree, Termite. It's just the way they portray his god complex creeps me out.

I do find it intriguing and interesting how they incorporated Doctor's view of himself into the plot. He's not the ender of the conflict. I'm the victor.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Quackie wrote:
Termite wrote:"The God Complex" is one of my favorite episodes. If viewing the comments made about faith in light of Christianity, they are very, very wrong. But I heard and connected them to the Doctor's own religion of self importance. His god complex, if you will. ;) It was a really good spin on the Doctor's character... sort of like the end of "The Waters of Mars", but in a different way.
Oh yes, I agree, Termite. It's just the way they portray his god complex creeps me out.

I do find it intriguing and interesting how they incorporated Doctor's view of himself into the plot. He's not the ender of the conflict. I'm the victor.
But it was like, 'Oh yeah, you just have to stop believing and the big monster can't eat you!' \:D/ Like...how pathetic. :anxious:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^it is an interesting idea, but it was just really weird for me....so I didn't appreciate the message as much.

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

And we have to remember that Doctor Who is NOT Christian, so when they say that. .they can mean it differently than what we'd take it as. .why I disagree with God Complex.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

The Kings Daughter wrote:Aeva, yes, there were a lot of good lines. It's been a while since I've seen it, did they have a reason why the 'dolls' worked? :?
Oh, it was most certainly witchcraft; I don't deny that fact (the Doctor even says it's witchcraft). However, because it's science fiction (and the witches are aliens), I wasn't bothered by the "voodoo" dolls.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

So I had a Doctor Who moment just a few minutes ago. I was on my way to my room and I turned the hall light on and shut the door to my room. A few minutes later I opened my door and was startled because the light had turned off. The very first thing I said was "Woah, who turned out the lights?". I said that without even thinking of Doctor Who. It made me laugh.

I thought you guys might enjoy that little anecdote of mine. \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

haha that's great \:D/ even if those episodes aren't really my favorite.

Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Well I know one person who looks like the eleventh doctor especially when coming out of the water 8-)
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

....Funny mental image right there.

What's this I see at the Doctor Who Convention?

Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

:o wow! that looks cool. Do you know if it's on youtube yet?

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

It's not... that video itself is probably illegal, considering it was released at the Convention. ;) Still, it looks pretty spankin'. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Ah okay. And yes, it definitely does \:D/ I wonder when the new companion will come along.