It's Time for...Random Trivia!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Mali, Africa. I haven't had geography formally for a few years so alas, I looked it up.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Lol...I actually had to look it up too...I remembered it was in a small country in Africa, but couldn't remember which one!

Next question is a 90's pop culture question.

What band sang the popular song "I Want it That Way"?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

The answer is the Backstreet Boys, and any self-respecting Tim Hawkins fan should know this... \:D/

No researcgh was used to find the correct answer to this question.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Lol, good job Monty!
And here's an interesting find...apparently the original song was a little different...actually very different from what we usually hear on the radio...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAvMhDLSW-0

Next question is a Bible question.

What was the name of Queen Esther's husband (the king)?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

King Ahasuerus.

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Depending on the version of the Bible you use, the answer could be King Xerxes.
No research was used, I just like to compare translations and found this idiosyncrasy a few months ago.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Wow, graces4you made me do some research...didn't know that name for him!

Question # whatever is a random common knowledge question:

Recently, two types of pop/soda have come out with a "Throwback" version. Which two pops/sodas are these, and what does their new title advertise?

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Pepsi and Mountain Dew. They advertised real sugar versus high fructose corn syrup, making it (supposedly) more healthy.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

It is...have you researched studies comparing corn syrup and regular sugar? :noway:

Next question shall be...an observation question.

What two bills of the U.S. paper currency do not have a president on them?

BONUS: who ARE on those bills?

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

The $10 and the $100. $10 Alexander Hamilton and $100 Benjaman Fraklin
Last edited by Graces4you on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

did you research?

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Nope I knew it............ I've know it for years :)

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

kk, just checkin'!

Next question shall be a ToO question.

in what month and year did the ToO get up and running? Bonus if you know the exact date without looking it up...

aussie aio fan
OK
Post by aussie aio fan »

That's easy April 1 2005
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Good job! Now how bout this one...

Next question will be another "Me" question...

In what year did I start patrolling the AIO boards, and where was I the most active?

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

2005 and the ToO? I don't really know you so I sorta just guessed.........

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Nope...this one probably either has to be a super good guess or researched...either way I'd give full credit though...lol...

Meanwhile, while that question is possibly either given up on or being researched, I'll ask another question.

Question will be a state animal question.

What is the state animal for Oregon?

shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I looked it up.

Beaver :)
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Hmm...good job...we'll go with another state question...(too tired to be creative :- )

What is the state tree of Michigan?

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

6:48 is late to be creative :-

White pine O:)

Yes, I researched.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer