How long can you stay awake without sleeping?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

I can stay awake ___

Below 24 hours :(
21%
24-29 :)
37%
30-34 :D
16%
35-39 =D>
21%
40+ \:D/
5%

Total votes: 19

EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

I slept 3 hrs total the week my daughter was born. Not fun. Otherwise, I once went to work for 36 hrs straight. Pretty tired going home.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I voted for 35-39 hours, but I think I could do 40+. I once went about 55 hours on only 2 hours of sleep. The following sleep was refreshing, but I had a terrible headache from it. :- I've pulled my share of intentional all-nighters, and I only want to do them again if there's a good reason. The next day always suffers.

Leonard Meltsner, good luck on 72 hours. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

You know, one kid in Korea died of an exhaustion-induced heart attack after 72 straight hours of video gaming. :- (Canadians can go to the Discovery Channel website and watch the episode of Curious and Unusual Deaths to learn more; it's the first one listed, I believe.)
Last edited by Amethystic on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Amethystic wrote:You know, one kid in Korea died of an exhaustion-induced heart attack after 72 straight hours of video gaming. :- (Canadians can go to the Discovery Channel website and watch the episode of Curious and Unusual Deaths to learn more; it's the first one listed, I believe.)
Wow, that's depressing...it is true that lack of sleep can cause some serious health issues though... {fearfully glances at clock and seriously considers going to bed}
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

*cough* A lack of sleep can also affect your weight. :- *ladies on the ToO suddenly start sleeping longer*
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

yup...included in the "health issues" category...it suppresses your body's appetite control mechanism...so if the guys on here have intelligence, they'll start sleeping more too! (I promise, despite my sleeping habits, I AM intelligent...lol)
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

At lockins i usually clonk at about 5-6 so I am just barely under 24. :(
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Taps wrote:At lockins i usually clonk at about 5-6 so I am just barely under 24. :(
Thats OK *Pats* I know a lot of people like you ;)
Last edited by Parker Family on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
church
Pilgrim

Post by church »

Three days, it wasn't by choice. I just couldn't sleep. Your mind does weird things when you stay up that long, not that I can remember anything specific.

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

church wrote: Three days, it wasn't by choice. I just couldn't sleep. Your mind does weird things when you stay up that long, not that I can remember anything specific.

3 days? Good grief! That must have been...interesting. ;D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.