Contacts Or Glasses?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Which one?

Contacts! \:D/
24%
Glasses! \:D/
42%
I hate them both! :x
6%
It doesn't really matter. :)
3%
I don't wear contacts or glasses. My vision is perfect! :D
24%

Total votes: 33

Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I have both. I wear my contacts all the time in the summer, just because of sunglasses and lifeguarding, but in the winter I stick with my glasses.
I look fine with both, but contacts make me sleepy. It's so weird. Whenever I put my contact in I get really drowsy, so I just wear my glasses. :) I like them both though. :) Glasses just win because they don't make me tired!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

You guys need to quit reading the ToO, it'll give you bad eyesight!

I got my eyes lasered so I'm supposed to have pretty good vision but I must have gotten some bargain basement version because I nearly failed my driver's license renewal vision thingamajig last week. :(
Fortunately, my friend's mom works there so I beat the system. \:D/
(I still wear my glasses at night to drive because, in all honesty, my night vision is awful).
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I have... both. Oh yes. Hate the contacts though. =P I wear those only for soccer stuff... Playing and working at the camps during the summer. Lots easier, though my eyes itch at the end of an eight hour time slot of wearing them. ;) And smudged contacts are the WORST. :x

So yeah, I wear my glasses. \:D/ I have the perfect face shape for them the way my cheekbones and eyebrows are, to be completely and honestly vain... :- So I wear them. They're more comfortable, too. ;)
Last edited by Termite on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Dale
Gold Member

Post by Dale »

I hate them both! :x But I have to wear then anyways. :( Glasses, that is. I don't know if I could do contacts.
PM me! I'd love to get to know you! Yes, YOU! :bounce:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I wear both glasses and contacts different days of the week. I don't mind contacts, but after a while I like to give my eyes a rest and wear glasses.

Till the end of the line.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Looks like glasses are winning! Just because they're flat-out easier to use!

\:D/
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Contacts definitely. I've had glasses from the time I was six, and I got contacts about a year ago. Now I can't imagine ever going back. They're WAY easier, they take me about 2 minutes to put in in the morning, and I don't have to keep cleaning them ever 5 minutes. Plus, not to be vain or anything, I think I look better with contacts! :anxious:

And the funny thing is, I HATED them at first! I was too afraid to put them in the first time, so I was at the optometrist about an hour trying to get the things into my eyes! Turns out I had the wrong size, so that also made them not stick in my eyes. I went back, got the right size, and I've loved them ever since. :D
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

What's really annoying to me with frame glasses is, sometimes I forget to take them off at night. So I sleep with them on all night... \:D/ It's kinda fun to look for my glasses the next morning, while tearing apart my bed looking for them... :lol: And then there's the occasional time when the lens pops out of the frame... :roll: Fixing that is easy, just time-consuming.....
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

perfect vision!

not to brag or anything :D
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

...?
Last edited by Parker Family on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

I've worn contacts for over 15 years and never worn glasses other than a few minutes at a time in the evenings after I've taken out my contacts. I see much better with my contacts I think because I've never learned to wear glasses and get used to the worse peripheral vision they give.