Gilmore Girls

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Gilmore Girls

Love it
20%
Like it
13%
Hate it
13%
Never seen it
53%

Total votes: 15

MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i fell kinda out of place here but i love this show it rocks!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

MDB17 wrote:i fell kinda out of place here but i love this show it rocks!!!!!!!!!!
He he...

Do you mean because you're a guy? :P

My brother (older) claims to HATE the show, but I always find him wandering in and laying down on the couch when I turn it on. By the end of the show, both of us have tears in our eyes... from laughing, of course. ;)

Sarah
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

yea i had to mis it last night cause i had to go to football practice
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I really like Luke's character, I like how he loves Lorili but also cares for Rory and doesn't want to be in the middle. I really want them to fix things and stop the silent treatment, it's really hard to watch and makes me sad! [Between Rory and Lorili] But Lorili needs to stay strong and use "tough love" to get Rory to do what's right.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

yeah, but sometimes taht's all you can do...i think loreli has made a good desicion here.

also, i like logan (mostly cause he's cute) but he's a reallllly bad influence on Rory.

i also agree that the older episodes are more...ahem...appropriate!

EDIT: although Lane's upbringing is considered, she seems to be the only religious character on the show....
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

also, i like logan (mostly cause he's cute) but he's a reallllly bad influence on Rory.
oh i hate him he is destorying everthing that made Rory so lovable.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

How upset were you about the previews for next week?! She can't mess up with Luke!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I don't remember. I didn't think-- oh wait. She says she hasn't set a date yet or something. I don't know if they will get married. I think half of the show is her dating!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

*threads merged*

Their final finale is on Tuesday. 'Tis very sad. I haven't liked (or been allowed to watch) some of their seasons, but I've liked the recent ones, and I've been watching the first couple seasons that my mom has on DVD, and I'm really going to miss the show.

*Chin trembles* Bye Rory and Lorelei and Luke and Sookie and Michele and Emily and Richard and Chris and Kirk and Miss Patty and Babette and Mory and Paris and everyone! :mecry: :wave: :mecry:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I didn't realize the series was ending until the previews of next weeks show! :shock: I will miss it.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Yeah, same here. My mom and I just looked at each other. But my mom sent me an article where they interviewed Lauren Graham (who is also the director currently), and it's just been too much for her to handle. Something like seven 12-hour days a week for an episode. I don't really blame her, though it makes me sad.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Yeah, that's pretty sad. :(

I haven't watched any of the current episodes in a while, but I'll be watching tonight!

Sarah
Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

WHAT?!?!?!!?!?!?! It's ending??? Which season is it ending on????? I JUST finished watching the 6th season on dvd..I'm hanging on a cliff trying to find what happens next!!!!!!!!!!!!! What happens???????????????????? I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALOT!!!!!!!!!
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Yeah. I watched the end of it yesterday night. It wasn't amazing or spectacular, but it was satisfactory. It could almost continue (and supposedly people are trying to have them continue it), but it could also end here and be OK. Luke and Lorelei leave nothing final, but it's good enough.

Also, we never find out the gender of Sookie's baby, but the actress gave birth to a girl a few weeks ago, so I'll just go with that.

I would have liked to see Chris in this one as well...
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I think a good series finale should wrap up any hanging storylines. They did try to do this: Richard telling Lor he was proud of her, setting up the continuation of Friday night dinners, sending Rory off to a job, last weeks break up with Logan, the kiss and necklace with Luke.

Regardless, I did not think it was a great ending. I did like the final shot of them at the diner, as we have seen so many times over the past seasons. There was still so much more that we could have seen, in further seasons and in the finale.

Oh, I will miss it.
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

I'm sooo sad. Gilmore Girls is really one of the most entertaining shows I've ever seen. I have the first six seasons on DVD and I lovee watching them over and over. This season I haven't been watching but I will for sure get the DVD. Goodbye Gilmore Girls... you will be sorely missed.

LORELAI + LUKE forever
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Tis true. This was a sad parting from a great show and I say it is great, not because of the show's premise, or its location, or even the main plot, but its dialogue. Many times we would hear them ramble, and that's what I liked. It was fast-paced, energetic, and it was a real [yet fake - oxymoronic, much :P?] relationship.

Goodbye Stars Hollows! May you live on in syndication :).
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Yeah. The dialogue was what made it so much work to put together. I never thought about how hard that must be to make the fast wit sound right. If they didn't spend so much time on it, it wouldn't be Gilmore Girls.

I hope my mom gets the rest of the DVDs now. We only have the first 3 seasons for now.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I've always liked the show, but haven't followed it for the last few seasons . . . I'm sad it's ending too, but I would like to see it on DVD anyway. Watch entire seasons in one full day!
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Considering the fact that they are each 45 minutes to an hour long each...and there are between 20 and 25 episodes in a season...that'd be QUITE a feat.