AE's ScreenWriting Contest! (WIN $250!)

Get your writing made into a movie! Plus $250!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I just thought of something I could write! Its based off of something that actually happened to me.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Awesome, Termite. \:D/
EMBEE wrote:I just thought of something I could write! Its based off of something that actually happened to me.
Fantastic! It's worth a minimum of $25... ;)
Trixie Belden wrote:Do you think that I could have the 14-18 year old male and the 12-14 year old female pass as being the same age?
Possibly. It'd be pretty awkward if they were love interests or something, though; if that's what you were thinking. ;)

No sharing that information with Top. O:)

Announcement on the Deadline
All entries must be entered by May 20, 2010. That is exactly 30 days from the start of this contest.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

What about dogs? Do you have any dogs that you could use for filming?
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Nope, that's not at all what I was thinking, thank goodness. Yeah, I'm no good at writing that kind of stuff. I was thinking that I could have them being study partners. It's VITAL to my script!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oooh, AE....my plot requires at least 4 cookies....;) That's as expensive as mines gets.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

American Eagle wrote:
Sapphire wrote:Could that teenage female pass as a 16 year old?
I highly doubt it, but you be the judge: here's a photo, in the pink/green shirt. She's 13 in real life, so 16 might be a stretch. (Up to you, of course. ;))
I guess I could make her 15.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Hey AE do you have any LARGE CROWDS OF PEOPLE lying around so I can have a wedding reception scene? \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Moontide wrote:What about dogs? Do you have any dogs that you could use for filming?
I don't think so. If absolutely needed, we could do a stuffed animal with sound-effects as the voice. ;) Otherwise, we don't have any animals besides goldfish.
Trixie Belden wrote:Nope, that's not at all what I was thinking, thank goodness. Yeah, I'm no good at writing that kind of stuff. I was thinking that I could have them being study partners. It's VITAL to my script!
That would work!
Marvin D. wrote:Oooh, AE....my plot requires at least 4 cookies....;) That's as expensive as mines gets.
We could do that. \:D/
The Top Crusader wrote:Hey AE do you have any LARGE CROWDS OF PEOPLE lying around so I can have a wedding reception scene? \:D/
Not really. :? Similarly to the dog, there's ways to get around stuff like that. I could film a certain group of people, then have them switch clothes and move to another area, and have crowd sound effects playing and such. So no, I don't have lots of people, but there's things that can be done.

...and a wedding reception scene? You amuse me. \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well... I might write it just for fun then and submit it so you are FORCED to read it! :x
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Reminder: You Have 25 Days to Complete and Send-In Your Entries!
Let's try something extra. If you send in your script before Wednesday the 28th, you will receive a $10 bonus! This in added to the $25 you'll already be receiving. \:D/ After the 28th, the deadline will remain the same, with your first entry being $25, the second $15, and the third $5. :D

Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

So you reward writers for creating a more rushed and worse quality product overall?

Nice.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

lol, Pseu, lol....I must run and finish mines in 3 days! :mad:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Wow... I hadn't seen this earlier. Though, May 20th? Right at the time, even know, when my talents are pushed back because school demands so much? wow... I'll try. I have a whole young-adult story going on... I'll check again the ages and think. :)

This sounds awesome. Script like... Now this might be interesting. Any length requirements?

-- April 28th, 2010, 5:44 am --

Scratch that! no length reqs. sorry! Thanks for this! I have an idea already!!!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Five Entries Have Been Submitted!
This means over $100 has been awarded already! Who will add $25 to it? \:D/ If you are still working on yours, there are 18 days left.
Last edited by American Eagle on Sun May 02, 2010 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Awesome! I am almost done with mine. :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

AE, would you be able to film in a backstage area, or at least somewhere that could pass as a backstage area?
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

EMBEE wrote:AE, would you be able to film in a backstage area, or at least somewhere that could pass as a backstage area?
Possibly, if needed. I have a place in mind that might be usable.

In other news, we've reached 6 entries! Keep yours coming! \:D/

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I hope I have time for my final entry! \:D/

Do you have access to giant robots that can turn into cars and jets and trucks?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:Do you have access to giant robots that can turn into cars and jets and trucks?
Yeah, but I'll need to find Michael Bay's cell number again. We haven't spoken in weeks. \:D/

I could do it with action figures and such... ;)

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Haha. I was just joking (well, obviously, I hope) but it would be pretty funny to do a SPECIAL EFFECTS EPIC that just used... toys and firecrackers, etc. ;)