AIO Logo. Caution: Spoilers!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
IForgotMyUserName
I've been here a bit

Post by IForgotMyUserName »

Jacob Isom wrote: The initial AIO logo was more arched in appearance, as first featured on The Early Classics. Later it became more horizontal, as seen in the old art for Flights of Imagination.
The current logo, apart from the oval, was first used in "Other Times, Other Places." "The Early Classics" logo is actually an updated logo that was later abandoned.

Current logo without oval:
1991: "Other Times, Other Places"
1994-2005: Albums 18-44
also: 2004, 2005 repacks of albums 1-5, 16-17

Curved Logo:
1992-1994: Albums 11-17 and The Early Classics

Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Thanks -- I updated the article and timeline with all the info. I got very confused as I did it, so let me know if you see any other errors. :)
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I guess I'm okay with the new logo, but it looks so... plasticy (for lack of a better word). Like Trixie said, it lost some of its personality. I don't understand why they decided to fix something that wasn't broken. But I do like that they moved the "in" up next to "Adventures."
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

We should put up a poll to see who votes for which logo. I also do not like the new logo.

With the "fit Whit" I actually really like this picture. The recent pictures of Whit, like on the Official guide have made look really fat and REALLY creepy. The thing I don't like about it is what has already been said, that now we finally have everything repackaged and redone, and now they're changing the way the characters look. All the same, I still like the picture, but since I grew up when they were making the cartoon movies, I'll probably forever and ever picture Whit looking about like he did in the movies.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Honestly, the logo change is really not a big deal. :-s It's hardly different. Why freak out about it? Even the new album art isn't that bad.

However... the new Whit voice, new characters, loss of old characters and other such changes have completely killed any excitement I had for upcoming episodes.

I have yet to hear them, of course, but as of now I have zero anticipation. I'll just remain content with everything they've done so far, and not bother with the new relaunch attempt. Sorry, AIO team. ;)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Jelly wrote:Honestly, the logo change is really not a big deal. :-s It's hardly different. Why freak out about it? Even the new album art isn't that bad.
It's the dull colour that really does it. Instead of a bright deep gold colour, it's a dark rusty red, which completely fails to look interesting. The front cover art is (I think) really good, actually; it certainly intrigues older audiences. Even the Whit art is good, but the look they've chosen for Whit is almost as different from the standard look as that look was from the Bruce Day look.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I agree with what's been said about the new logo--it fails to stand out as the old one did.

As for the new Whit, I actually don't mind it. I've always imagined him somewhere between album 5 and album 10, so this is pretty close. And he doesn't look like a caricature, which, as evidenced by all my complainging the last few years about the art, is a huge plus for me.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Jonathan! Good to see you here in Whit's End. I concur with your last statement pointing out that realism is a plus of the new Whit art.
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

While I was in the shower this morning, I thought of something. Which design are they going to use for future Passages albums? :shock: The new one? If so, then they'll have to redesign Darien's Rise. I'm hoping that they decide to use the current design for the entire Passages series. I like it the best and don't want to have to re-purchase Darien's Rise so it'll match. (Yes, I am one of those people that has to have everything matching even if it costs twenty-five extra dollars.)

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I agree with the general consensus that the biggest disappointment with the new logo is the color change. Readability is certainly a plus, though I will miss the old logo - it was pretty much perfect. :yes:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Ooh, I like the new Whit picture. :o

..after reading Jacob's article, I have to say that is does make sense, and the 'in' being moved isn't that bad. In fact, I think it's growing on me.

The blue plasticy border still looks terrible though. :( (btw Jacob, did you just change to a fluid width instead of fixed? It looks really nice.)
...I hate marquees.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

J-man wrote:Ooh, I like the new Whit picture. :o

..after reading Jacob's article, I have to say that is does make sense, and the 'in' being moved isn't that bad. In fact, I think it's growing on me.

The blue plasticy border still looks terrible though. :( (btw Jacob, did you just change to a fluid width instead of fixed? It looks really nice.)
Are you referring to the homepage of the Scoop? Then yes.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org