Owl City

Thoughts?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Jelly wrote:So I've listened to Fireflies so much recently, I'm now sick of the song AND Owl City. :x
This is why I don't listen to the radio anymore. Clear Channel + monopoly = overplayed songs.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

So today I finally heard Owl City! I was sitting in a movie theatre, waiting for the movie to begin, and they played the Fireflies music video. I recognized the name of the band from the ToO, so of course I paid attention. It was pretty good. It actually sounded familiar - I think I heard it somewhere but just didn't know who the band was. I didn't love it, but I did like it. Good stuff! \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Its amazing the obsessions that come from songs and bands...

I don't like Owl City. Everyone is listening to it, and they (the band) don't have good taste at all... honestly, I don't even get Fireflies, and yes, I've heard it. Air1 has played it, and about a million kids at my school (make that 205 out of the 207 at my school... Ricky and I don't like it...) I can get song lyrics. Even random ones. Yeah, no such luck here...
Plus, I've heard a whole bunch of their other songs... like, this passed weekend. My friend Kara is addicted... I think I was having more fun listening to unheard Lady Gaga songs...

I'm just waiting for the fad to pass... then maybe my school can be normal...
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

How can you not like their lyrics? Wouldn't you love to ride in a hot air balloon? Wouldn't it be awesome if all the roads were paved with ice for the sole purpose of ice-skating? Haven't you ever felt insecurity come down on you like a tidal wave? Isn't it cool to imagine yourself as a manta ray deep beneath the blue waves outside Seattle? And who doesn't love a good song about dentists?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Elrohir wrote:How can you not like their lyrics? Wouldn't you love to ride in a hot air balloon? Wouldn't it be awesome if all the roads were paved with ice for the sole purpose of ice-skating? Haven't you ever felt insecurity come down on you like a tidal wave? Isn't it cool to imagine yourself as a manta ray deep beneath the blue waves outside Seattle? And who doesn't love a good song about dentists?
I'm afraid of heights, so hot air balloons were never on my to-do list in life. I can't ice skate (and I'm afraid of falling...) Um... no comment to the 3rd question. Um... unless you're in the zoo, I doubt manta ray's are swimming outside Seattle... (my parents dive Puget Sound all the time...) And I dont' like dentists. Contrary to what my sister says, I don't want to be a dentist... and am kinda freaked out by them anyway.

(Yes, I realize these are lyrics... see, just not my thing. I listen to the lyrics of songs, but its gotta be a good song overall... and Owl City kinda lacks both. Plus, it sounds like they don't know logic... oh brother... Bobby's World!)
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I listen to CBC and the Local Christian radio station. When one isn't playing something interesting the other is, and if neither are, I switch to Radio Canada (CBC radio French)

ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

i don't like it because i have heard it way too often it is playing everywhere and it gets kind of annoying.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

As far as I know I've never heard an Owl City song. I didn't realize how big they were until I saw this thread. But, someone on my wing is friends with the drummer, so they must be cool. ;)
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I like Owl City and I have his Ocean Eyes CD but his lyrics sounds like he's high...
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I'm still not sick of Fireflies and I get sick of songs pretty quickly. =] Anyways, I'm glad to see a new album coming out! Good to know. My brother is obsessed with Owl City. All I have is Ocean Eyes but it's great stuff. As I said, the lyrics are sooo legit.
I do what I do.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

He's very...poetic. And abstract. However, if he actually was high then he wouldn't have been able to make so many wordplays in his lyrics. :noway:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah, I like the fact that you can listen to his songs and not really pay attention, or you can really listen and try to figure out what he's talking about. \:D/ I'm actually listening to Owl City right now! \:D/
Elrohir wrote:
Jelly wrote:So I've listened to Fireflies so much recently, I'm now sick of the song AND Owl City. :x
This is why I don't listen to the radio anymore. Clear Channel + monopoly = overplayed songs.
People still listen to the radio? (to be fair, I listen to am..)
...I hate marquees.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Amethystic wrote:He's very...poetic. And abstract. However, if he actually was high then he wouldn't have been able to make so many wordplays in his lyrics. :noway:
Haha. Watch out for the fan girl, peoples. ;)

*cough* I love the background music. It's so light and pretty and techno. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Termite wrote:
Amethystic wrote:He's very...poetic. And abstract. However, if he actually was high then he wouldn't have been able to make so many wordplays in his lyrics. :noway:
Haha. Watch out for the fan girl, peoples. ;)

*cough* I love the background music. It's so light and pretty and techno. \:D/
It's BBB's fault. :x Again.

Me too. It's interesting but not overwhelming. :yes:
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I don't think they're that abstract. I mean a few of them are, but mostly he sings about normal stuff like hot air balloons, the ocean, the city, dentists, ice-skating, relationships... it's other popular music that's mostly abstract. Owl City stands out cuz it's normal.
Last edited by Elrohir on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.