Driving

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Danae
Gold Member

Post by Danae »

I'm actually doing Drivers Ed now (going to class in the morning. :P ) and I find it really stressful... I'm not sure I'll be brave enough to get behind the wheel.
-Danae
Renata
I'm memorable
Post by Renata »

Last edited by Renata on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Psalm 37:4-5
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I had my first driving lesson yesterday with my dad in a small church parking lot. \:D/ I took the class part of Driver's Ed last October, but I have not yet taken the driving part. (I will sometime in the near future, however, I hope. I just needed a little practice behind the wheel first, or I would have definately been a road hazard, lol.)

My car will be mine next July 10. \:D/ It is an '07 Honda CRV; I love it. :inlove:
Last edited by Aeva on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I drove 1000 miles last weekend and now my car's dead. Woohoo! \:D/

It's strange to think that I've been driving for a quarter of my life. I got my license when I was 16, but since I was one of the youngest in my class, I was also one of the last to get my license. I got fairly accustomed to driving locally in the year or two of driving I had before heading off to college, but having driven (most of the way) across the country twice (plus having done more city driving) since then, I'm much more confident behind the wheel now. I definitely like having a car at school, and I usually enjoy going on road trips (even solo ones, which are beastlier). :yes:

My car has a name, too, so it's more fun to drive. Yipo! :inlove:
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

Yipo? What inspired you to name it such?
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I drove forward out of my grandparent's garage, did a half U-turn, and backed up the driveway! \:D/ I was doing really well the first time until I hit the gas too hard and nearly backed into a tree. :-
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I have a '97 silver Subaru missing one headlight because of a hit and run. :( In fact, I'll post about that because it's somewhat funny :p

My first car was a Honda Civic that was totaled by a driver that t-boned me in a dark intersection... :( Cars are a lot of trouble. I've put about $900 into this Subaru thus far.

And, I got my hand stuck in the steering wheel at the gas station and almost hit another car. Driving is dangerous!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Termite wrote:I drove forward out of my grandparent's garage, did a half U-turn, and backed up the driveway! \:D/ I was doing really well the first time until I hit the gas too hard and nearly backed into a tree. :-
And nearly gave me whiplash. :x
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Lieutenant Aeva wrote:
Termite wrote:I drove forward out of my grandparent's garage, did a half U-turn, and backed up the driveway! \:D/ I was doing really well the first time until I hit the gas too hard and nearly backed into a tree. :-
And nearly gave me whiplash. :x
So sue me! :x Shoot... just edited your post... Going to fix it now. :-
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I actually enjoy driving still.

I live about half an hour away from all activities that I do, so I drive quite a bit. We get a lot of traffic where I live (D.C. area), but I don't mind it at all; I find it rather calming most of the time, even a few hours worth.
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

I want to buy an old mail jeep because I think it would be fun to drive.
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

My first car was like... $700 or something. I don't know. The battery died all the time 'cause it'd sit around for weeks and not be driven. My second car was my true love... a '98 red Monte. :inlove:

But it died and we got the '08 Avenger... And then Top wrecked it on Saturday. :(

Next, I want a truck. \:D/ I pretty much hate driving... \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

So... two days ago, I was driving home with my mother and sisters from gym class. I went to make a right turn onto a busier street, but my turn was awkward and I pulled out in front of a guy. The turn itself was jagged, and overall a bad turn. So like a half a mile later, the guy I got in front of passes us, and he screamed something out his window at me. \:D/

I won't say what it was, just that the first word was the most profane (common) swear word, followed by "ing", followed by "oxymoron" without the "oxy". ;) Ahh I love driving. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I can wreck into him for you, AE! \:D/
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

MTO is on strike so I can't get my G1 or drive.... on the roads at least.

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:I can wreck into him for you, AE! \:D/
I would... but I had a good look at her/his' face, and it looked a lot like your mom! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Haha, same thing happened on the youth trip. My youth pastor cut in front of a motorcycle, then the guy cussed at us when he pulled up even. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I was in a car sitting at a red light when I hear this guy yelling toward my car. I rolled down my window, and the guy was cursing up a storm, looking right at me. I say, "Are you talking to my car?" He kept cursing and yelling. I eventually got him to stop his rant, and he said, "Oh, no. Not you man." Then he resumed cursing. Then I realized he was cursing at the guy behind him (through the side mirror), and not my driver. Things got so heated (to the point of one of them jokingly pulling out a baseball bat) that we missed the green turn arrow. But the guy behind me hadn't even noticed the light either, so we didn't get honked at.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Ugh, my best friend, who's a year younger than me, will have a licence before I can even drive. >:( *grr face*

Oh, that I lived in America...
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

American Eagle wrote:So... two days ago, I was driving home with my mother and sisters from gym class. I went to make a right turn onto a busier street, but my turn was awkward and I pulled out in front of a guy. The turn itself was jagged, and overall a bad turn. So like a half a mile later, the guy I got in front of passes us, and he screamed something out his window at me. \:D/
Why are you driving so young? :o