~Latest Dawn Treader News~

YAY!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Iron and Light wrote:And it also seemed like they stole a lot more from LOTR than just Susolas.
I know! It kept bugging me. When Edmund jumped off the tower onto the eagle I actually burst out laughing.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Lol, never having seen LOTR I don't have to worry about any similarities with Narnia. ;)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I am in the same situation as Miss Chandler.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

O.o

who hasn't seen LOTR???

But ya, Dawn Treader is my favorite Narnian book of all time and I really hope they do it justice.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Jellyfish11 wrote:who hasn't seen LOTR???
Me too. :lol:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Jellyfish11 wrote:But ya, Dawn Treader is my favorite Narnian book of all time and I really hope they do it justice.
*pumps fist* Finally! Someone else who likes the Dawn Treader! I always though I was the only one... :(

*coughs* They'd better do this one right, or else I'm going to be irkitated. :noway:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

humdedum wrote: BRAND NEW PHOTOS OF THE CAST!

Hmm... would that be Eustace in the middle? And I don't recognize the others... is the girl on the right Lucy? :shock:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well, she does wear them in the books... :tongue2:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

At least they got Eustace right; that kid looks exactly as I have always pictured Eustace.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

American Eagle wrote:
humdedum wrote: Image However, I found out what had been bugging me about his IMDB photo.
LOL! They look so alike. Narnia's new villain is Mr. Clean?!? \:D/
I like that.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

The picture of the bushes - I read that that's the set for Coriakin's garden with the invisible Dufflepuds. So don't let it worry you - his island is supposed to look weird and creepy.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

Definitely. There was a working ordinary civilization
Merry Christmas!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

humdedum wrote:
Termite wrote:Well, she does wear them in the books... :tongue2:
I hope not through the whole movie.. maybe in the Lone Islands?
Nope. I just read the book through the other day, and she wore them througout the whole thing... A dress wouldn't be a very good thing on a rocking ship. :-
Love you always, SnC
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Does it say that? Right before Eustace starts his diary, it says that "...they all got their clothes back, dried, next morning..." I might be forgetting about the part where it says that Lucy wears Caspian's clothes afterwards anyway, though.
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

I am so excited about the movie!!
Merry Christmas!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Catspaw wrote:Does it say that? Right before Eustace starts his diary, it says that "...they all got their clothes back, dried, next morning..." I might be forgetting about the part where it says that Lucy wears Caspian's clothes afterwards anyway, though.
Oh, really? :-k Must've missed that... But honestly? She would've been in a skirt or dress... I hope they wouldn't be having her on deck with the sea serpent (because she'll just have to be there. *rolls eyes*) on a rocking boat with a skirt. ;)
Love you always, SnC
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Termite wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Does it say that? Right before Eustace starts his diary, it says that "...they all got their clothes back, dried, next morning..." I might be forgetting about the part where it says that Lucy wears Caspian's clothes afterwards anyway, though.
Oh, really? :-k Must've missed that... But honestly? She would've been in a skirt or dress... I hope they wouldn't be having her on deck with the sea serpent (because she'll just have to be there. *rolls eyes*) on a rocking boat with a skirt. ;)
My copy of the book has little pictures with Caspian in a robe kind of thing, so he's basically in a skirt too. ;) I don't think that C. S Lewis describes the kind of clothing that anyone wears, so that's just one interpretation. I would find pants more practical myself, but whatever. People have survived through a variety of circumstances in skirts, so I'm sure that Lucy could make it through her voyage in a skirt if necessary.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Caspian always had blonde hair in the books, I thought. :-k Or not.
Love you always, SnC
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Termite wrote:Caspian always had blonde hair in the books, I thought. :-k Or not.
I highly doubt that they'll change Ben Barnes' hair color for VDT... or do we already know it's a fact? :-k
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

American Eagle wrote:
Termite wrote:Caspian always had blonde hair in the books, I thought. :-k Or not.
I highly doubt that they'll change Ben Barnes' hair color for VDT... or do we already know it's a fact? :-k
Some pics of Caspian just got leaked. He's got the same hair + a beard.