a new whit?

could it be?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Just a theory but could this is why they had to delay the new episodes?

Maybe they found out that they would no longer be able to use Paul and they knew that they wouldn't be able to find a new whit and still have everything ready to go for this fall. So they set about creating some new episodes that wouldn't have whit but also wouldn't raise questions about what happened to him and then these episodes became an audio version of Darien's Rise.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I think the point Shawndlay was trying to make is that Whit hasn't changed as much as you suggested. And when Paul took over for Hal, people eventually got used to the new Whit. You're making it sound like no one is going to be able to accept the change when and if it happens.
You and everyone else can read what you want into what I've said, I just want Whit to retain his believability that's all. I'm having trouble seeing how bringing in a younger actor for Whit is going to maintain believability. And yes, I know that none of us listeners know as yet if a younger actor is the change being talked about. I am only saying that it is a possibility.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I hope they replace him with an OLDER Whit. :yes:

And do we know who these "new writers" are yet? Is this old news that I missed?
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I still haven't fully accepted Paul. :noway:

Not that he is bad as an actor as Whit, but the writing for Whit just hasn't overall been the same since he came back. Of course... he has been back now longer than he was here before, so maybe old timers should just put up with the fact we are too old to need to worry about a kid's show. ;) I reckon a good number of users on the board here weren't listening yet (and some even weren't born... ;)) when Paul took over to begin with.

In conclusion, to summarize: They should hire me to write for them. :mecry:
Pseudonym wrote:I hope they replace him with an OLDER Whit. :yes:

He should be a WWI veteran instead of WWII! \:D/

I don't know anything about old writers leaving/new writers coming, either. :(
Last edited by The Top Crusader on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Laurie wrote:You and everyone else can read what you want into what I've said, I just want Whit to retain his believability that's all. I'm having trouble seeing how bringing in a younger actor for Whit is going to maintain believability. And yes, I know that none of us listeners know as yet if a younger actor is the change being talked about. I am only saying that it is a possibility.
Amen yo that...
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

no, we don't know yet. I'm not sure if anybody else knew about it but I only read about it on Paul's site last night. The part about new writers I don't really care about as they've had 35 writers already so it's to the point that it's hard to tell who wrote what, a few more writers won't make a difference.
Reddo
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Shawndlay wrote:Lol @ panic over Paul Herlinger leaving after all the flak he took for not sounding enough like Hal Smith.
Lol indeed. I wouldn't have minded AIO coming back without Whit, but now I'll look forward to getting to know Whit III.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

The Top Crusader wrote:I still haven't fully accepted Paul. :noway:

Not that he is bad as an actor as Whit, but the writing for Whit just hasn't overall been the same since he came back. Of course... he has been back now longer than he was here before, so maybe old timers should just put up with the fact we are too old to need to worry about a kid's show. ;) I reckon a good number of users on the board here weren't listening yet (and some even weren't born... ;)) when Paul took over to begin with.

In conclusion, to summarize: They should hire me to write for them. :mecry:

He should be a WWI veteran instead of WWII! \:D/

I don't know anything about old writers leaving/new writers coming, either. :(
Blasphemy! One is never too old to be in a worried state of mind over a childrens show.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Perhaps, it's just a new character that happens to also be called Whit. ;)

Also, maybe Paul could do a few more years, but they decided that the best time for a switch would be a the hiatus.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

^^That would really make sense... probably the best timing. And he might want to be retired for a while, not work until he is in the grave. :shock:
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

I agree with the last two posts, that that is probably the reason. \:D/ And I disagree completely with Trent's post :x (;)):
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Laurie wrote:If they are letting him go because they want a younger Whit, I am definitely going to have a problem with that one.
As would many listeners. I have a very hard time believing that would be the reason.
I don't. They already wasted two years worth of the old actors' talents (2008-2010), on the premise that the actors were getting old. (That never made sense to me at all--why not use them as much as you can before they die???).

Jeremy
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jeremy wrote:They already wasted two years worth of the old actors' talents (2008-2010), on the premise that the actors were getting old. (That never made sense to me at all--why not use them as much as you can before they die???).
Technically, they have only "lost" one year - since their last recording session was in early 2008 and they're already back in studio to record Album 51. But I wouldn't be so quick to refer to it as "wasted" time unless you're willing assume that the writers have been sitting on their hands all this time. ;) I don't know about everyone else, but I'd want the writers to be know in advance what they're going to do with some of the aging characters (Whit, Jack, Bernard) before continuing on with the show.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Jeremy wrote:They already wasted two years worth of the old actors' talents (2008-2010), on the premise that the actors were getting old. (That never made sense to me at all--why not use them as much as you can before they die???).
Technically, they have only "lost" one year - since their last recording session was in early 2008 and they're already back in studio to record Album 51. But I wouldn't be so quick to refer to it as "wasted" time unless you're willing assume that the writers have been sitting on their hands all this time. ;) I don't know about everyone else, but I'd want the writers to be know in advance what they're going to do with some of the aging characters (Whit, Jack, Bernard) before continuing on with the show.
I wouldn't, if it means not using them for a long time and/or getting rid of them. ;-)

What's frustrating is, for example, Alan Young turns 90 years old this year, and in the last 7 years they've used him only a handful of times and didn't use him at all for several years, while he was at home wondering why he couldn't work for them anymore (that's how it sounded in one interview he did, anyway). ;-)

Jeremy
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jeremy wrote: What's frustrating is, for example, Alan Young turns 90 years old this year, and in the last 7 years they've used him only a handful of times and didn't use him at all for several years, while he was at home wondering why he couldn't work for them anymore (that's how it sounded in one interview he did, anyway). ;-)
Jeremy
And the sad thing is (sad to me anyway) they are probably going to do the same exact thing to Paul Herlinger. IMHO no one should be treated like that.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Laurie wrote:
Jeremy wrote: What's frustrating is, for example, Alan Young turns 90 years old this year, and in the last 7 years they've used him only a handful of times and didn't use him at all for several years, while he was at home wondering why he couldn't work for them anymore (that's how it sounded in one interview he did, anyway). ;-)
Jeremy
And the sad thing is (sad to me anyway) they are probably going to do the same exact thing to Paul Herlinger. IMHO no one should be treated like that.
[humor]
The team should either integrate Whit into every episode or go ahead and fire him!
[/humor]
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

KODY 105 wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Jeremy
[humor]
The team should either integrate Whit into every episode or go ahead and fire him!
[/humor]
Seriously, that is a very valid point.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jeremy wrote:What's frustrating is, for example, Alan Young turns 90 years old this year, and in the last 7 years they've used him only a handful of times and didn't use him at all for several years, while he was at home wondering why he couldn't work for them anymore (that's how it sounded in one interview he did, anyway). ;-)
Yeah, I've also been disappointed that we haven't heard much from Jack. But in fairness to the writers, Jack (and Jason) were brought in for the purpose of "replacing" Whit. Once Whit returned, Jack wasn't needed as much. As much as I wished they used Jack more, I can also understand why they didn't. And in the end, you can't please everybody. Some people still want Richard Maxwell brought back, for goodness sake.

:anxious:
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Jeremy wrote:What's frustrating is, for example, Alan Young turns 90 years old this year, and in the last 7 years they've used him only a handful of times and didn't use him at all for several years, while he was at home wondering why he couldn't work for them anymore (that's how it sounded in one interview he did, anyway). ;-)
Yeah, I've also been disappointed that we haven't much from Jack. But in fairness to the writers, Jack (and Jason) were brought in for the purpose of "replacing" Whit. Once Whit returned, Jack wasn't needed as much. As much as I wished they used Jack more, I can also understand why they didn't. And in the end, you can't please everybody. Some people still want Richard Maxwell brought back, for goodness sake.

:anxious:
Is it odd how AIO fan girls seem to develop a crush on either Jason Whitaker or Richard Maxwell. :-k Maybe we should actually kill them both. :p But I agree with Trent.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Does anyone know how acurate this is? It seems like a bunch of speculation without any acurate proof.

I don't know if I would really like another Whit. We have had two great Whits and would hate for it to be ruined by one not as good as Hal or even Paul.
Buthow acurate is this?
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Mr.Whit wrote:Does anyone know how acurate this is? It seems like a bunch of speculation without any acurate proof.
This comes straight from Paul McCusker's website.
http://www.paulmccusker.com/mccusker%20blue%201_046.htm wrote:Odyssey Re-Launch
Next month, Paul and the Odyssey team will head out to Burbank to record some new episodes for Album 51. New writers! A new Whit! Enjoy listening to these new shows later in the year.
I believe that this can be taken as being accurate as this same website that had the first news about the truth chronicles collection and we all now know that was accurate
Reddo