Traffic Tickets!

Inspired by Arwen's thread of wrecking cars!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Traffic tickets?

I have gotten many of them!
No votes
Only a few... >_>
No votes
Only once, I'll never do it again!
No votes
I've been pulled over, but never been ticketed!
17%
Never even pulled over, I'm a perfect driver!
25%
Never pulled over, I outrun the fuzz!
4%
Never pulled over--I do all sorts of things wrong, but they haven't caught me! ...yet.
21%
LOL what? I don't even drive.
33%

Total votes: 24

JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

J-man wrote:Never been pulled over. I usually don't go higher than 5 mph over the speed limit, and that's mostly when it's out on the highway where it's 55 mph. I usually am going pretty fast around the curves though.. The honda I drive has great steering. \:D/
Ditto to that!

Also, I drive a stick-shift Honda, so I have to pay closer attention to my driving than people with automatics. :p I've come close to being hit by a car, and I almost backed into a mailbox once. But I'm pretty much a perfect driver! \:D/
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I've never been pulled over or ticketed or been in an accident or hit anything except a mysterious already-dead blob in the middle of the road in the dark. \:D/
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

So I've been pulled over once...for running a red light. But I'd only had my license a few weeks and the officer was merciful. He knew I wasn't trying to be reckless, and that if he cited me for a moving violation I'd lose my license.

But the most miraculous thing was that I did NOT get a ticket for the most recent accident. I was driving in the center lane, and I even turned into a spot that I wasn't supposed to. But the police officers didn't even say anything about it. That had to be God's mercy because I certainly can't afford to pay a fine on top of everything else.

So my record's actually pretty clean, in spite of going through multiple cars.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I haven't technically been pulled over, but one time I was almost to my school and I was speeding, and I passed a police car, and he turned around I guess, because I had already pulled into the parking lot and he followed me. :anxious: But he let me off with a warning!

Oh, and I guess I got a ticket for 'following too closely' when I rear-ended someone, even though I wasn't.....I was just sick and didn't see them like fifty yards in front of me. :(
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

In between getting my permit in July of 2003 and the final time I was pulled over in late November 2006, I got pulled over more times than I could keep track of. Three times for "drunk driving", and I don't drink! And another time while walking (I was mistaken for an escaped convict--no joke. Thought the cop was gonna shoot me). Only two tickets though.