Lip Piercings

I got one

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Oh i am getting a tattoo on ym ankle too. I cnat wiat to get it done which it will be a while before that happens.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

DrummerChick wrote:Oh i am getting a tattoo on ym ankle too. I cnat wiat to get it done which it will be a while before that happens.
What do you want to be tattooed on your ankle?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Hope wrote:I do want to get my ankle tattooed.
......And this, folks, is one area where I am not like my siblings ;)
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Seeing as how I've had both of my ears pierced twice (two sets of holes per ear)... the first holes being done in Walmart when I was 6, and the second set done about a year ago by my dad in the kitchen (my head on the counter while my dad shoved an earring back through my ear with his hand and a coaster), I'd say I don't have much of a problem with pain :p. I just think a lip ring would be gross, and possibly a deterrent for well paying jobs :anxious:.
Hope

Post by Hope »

Jonathan wrote:
Hope wrote:I do want to get my ankle tattooed.
......And this, folks, is one area where I am not like my siblings ;)
You never have been big on that kind of thing... I have good reasons to have my ankle tattooed. I will just wait til I don't need our parental units money. :D
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Jonathan wrote:The fake money isn't the point of being on this website anyways.
LAWL WUT? tehn wot am i doign her??????? :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Hope wrote:
DrummerChick wrote:Oh i am getting a tattoo on ym ankle too. I cnat wiat to get it done which it will be a while before that happens.
What do you want to be tattooed on your ankle?
i am going to get a hert made outof thorns and then at the top have a purple heart finishing the heart with a a verse in the middle of the heart of thorns not usre what one yet.I am also hoping to get another though after i get that one. I want to have about 3 or 4 in total.
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

why? Why do you want to look like that? I mean the pain is one thing... but I seriously just can't see the attraction, to be honest. And aren't you going to regret it in 10 years?
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Guess Who! wrote:why? Why do you want to look like that? I mean the pain is one thing... but I seriously just can't see the attraction, to be honest. And aren't you going to regret it in 10 years?
Exactly my thoughts ;)
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

hah ai get that alot and honestly it donest bother me. I like it alot. I am really into the punk scene so it is normail. and in 10 years i probely wont have it. they are the kind that if you take the ring out adn leave it out for a persiod of tiem it clears up being it is your mouth it clses up nicely.My friend did that because he didnt wnat it anymore adn you cant even tlel he had it.
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

yeah, but you can't take off the tattoos like that. Lip ring-- hopefully reversible (as long as there's no infection etc. there won't be a scar, if there's problems... you might end up with a scar). 4 tattoos? not. They do have tattoo removal but it often leaves a scar... and doesn't always work.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I am not planning on getting my tattoo removed. They have a special meaning to me therefore it isnt like I am going out getting a random one that has no meaning.And i alreasy had a scar there anyways so it wont be anything new if it doee leave one.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Definitely no to lip piercings. Blach I can just imagine the infections. Definitely the potential to damage both your teeth and gums. I think it's foolish, and it looks ugly. Anyways, NO.

And, no to tattoos. Marring of the body, unbiblical.

*goes back into shell* :-
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

about tattoos being against the bible is says anything of evil. I wil be getting something reffering to the bible therfore hey i have done my research belive me. and the infection part i havent had one yet and it doenst rub up against my teeth or gums so yeah.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I always vaguely thought lip rings and such make people look like they're walking about with things stuck to their mouth. >_> Anyway, enjoy?
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

DrummerChick wrote:about tattoos being against the bible is says anything of evil. I wil be getting something reffering to the bible therfore hey i have done my research belive me.
Hmm, so that would be like murdering someone in the name of Jesus? "Hey, I did it for God." That doesn't really work.

I don't want to start any argument, but sometime back in the CCDS there was a thread regarding piercings and tattoos.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Danadelfos wrote:
DrummerChick wrote:about tattoos being against the bible is says anything of evil. I wil be getting something reffering to the bible therfore hey i have done my research belive me.
Hmm, so that would be like murdering someone in the name of Jesus? "Hey, I did it for God." That doesn't really work.

I don't want to start any argument, but sometime back in the CCDS there was a thread regarding piercings and tattoos.
Yeah, I agree with Dan regarding the whole thing about marring your body.

And I think it's ugly too. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I once had this ridiculously un-serious discussion with my mom about piercings and tattoos. And I didn't get the answers I wanted.

Doesn't it say in the Bible that we're not supposed to cut or mar our bodies? Isn't a hole in your ear a cut?

And yes, I do wear earrings. It's just odd that people would have no problem with earrings and be against tattoos. :noway:
don't forget the rain.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Stubborn wrote:I once had this ridiculously un-serious discussion with my mom about piercings and tattoos. And I didn't get the answers I wanted.

Doesn't it say in the Bible that we're not supposed to cut or mar our bodies? Isn't a hole in your ear a cut?

And yes, I do wear earrings. It's just odd. :noway:
Do you really want to get into a debate about ear piercings? The Bible mentions in Deuteronomy (I think) the process a slave would take to stay with his master in the year of Jubilee (every fiftieth year; the "freeing" year). This process involved piercing a hole in the slave's earlobe. The slave would then wear some article of garb in this piercing to show his willingness to stay with his master.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

We have interrupted this post to give you a message from serious Amy:

1. I believe that tattoos and strange piercings are unbiblical, not just because you're messing up your body, but because of the message it conveys in our day and age.

2. You can get infections from piercings and tattoos. Ear piercings aren't as bad for that because it's just a flap of skin.

3. You really are going to regret your tattoos in a few years, and piercings aren't so great for job interviews.

We now return you to your regularily scheduled Random Amy:

Once my mom and I had this funny conversation about lip piercings. We imagined different scenarios, like:

"Teesher, teesher! My ring ish schtuck to my lip!"
Your lower lip ring getting stuck to your upper lip during class.

"How did you two get stuck like this?"
Two teens were kissing and their lip piercings got hooked together.

And then once my 5th grade teacher told me how once a girl got a facial piercing that got so infected they had to amputate half of her face! :wow: