Games

Which do you prefer?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Dutch Blitz!!! Phase 10, Apples to Apples, Catch Phrase, Taboo. Pretty much any game you can play with a bunch of friends, and any game that will make you laugh like crazy.
Jennie
insert dash here

Post by Jennie »

I love Dutch Blitz, Phase 10, Ship, and... i'm not sure what else.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

OH! And I love playing 4 on a Couch, I Have Never, and Ducks Running in a Snowstorm! \:D/ DRiaS has to be one of THE most hilarious games out there, and it's great with large groups. :yes:
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

O I can't believe I forgot spit, tips, speed, UNO, connect 4, connect 4 stackers (or something like that), and I never!!

This is really funny! But we went a monopoly tournament and my sister, who doesn't really like monopoly, won!!

Anybody else here every played Hand and Foot??
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Everyone keeps mentioning Dutch Blitz. May I ask what that is? :anxious: I've never even heard of it before. Is it some kind of Yankee game?
violet flower

Post by violet flower »

OverTheRainbow wrote:Everyone keeps mentioning Dutch Blitz. May I ask what that is? :anxious: I've never even heard of it before. Is it some kind of Yankee game?

Its a kind of card game. We almost played it once but we never did. :( could some perhaps give us a more thero(sp?) explanation?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

violet flower wrote:
OverTheRainbow wrote:Everyone keeps mentioning Dutch Blitz. May I ask what that is? :anxious: I've never even heard of it before. Is it some kind of Yankee game?

Its a kind of card game. We almost played it once but we never did. :( could some perhaps give us a more thero(sp?) explanation?
Here's a good explanation. Basically anything you don't know about you can find on Wikipedia. So much information, it's very useful. Or here's their website. God Bless!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Here are the basics of the game.
The game consists of four decks of 40 cards each, and can be played by two, three or four persons. Each of the four decks has a different design: pump, carriage, pail and plow. Each player chooses one of these deck designs and keeps it for the duration of the game, regardless of the number of hands played. The faces of these decorative cards are printed in red, blue, yellow and green. The red and blue cards carry a Pennsylvania Dutch Boy illustration. The yellow and green cards carry a Pennsylvania Dutch girl illustration. Each player builds three basic groups of cards in front of him from which he will play the game. The groups of cards placed in position are referred to as the Post, Blitz and Wood Piles. Prime object of the game is to build as many cards in sequence - 1 through 10 - in the same respective colors in the center Dutch Piles, for points toward game, using as many cards from the Blitz Pile as possible. The first player to exhaust his Blitz Pile has "Blitzed" his opponents and ended the hand. Cards for placement in the Dutch Piles can also be drawn from a player's Post and Wood Piles. Several hands, or rounds, must be played until a total of 75 points is accumulated by any one player who then wins the game. Speed is essential in winning since everyone plays at the same time! Dutch Blitz is a fast-moving, exciting game for everyone.
I'm rather slow, but it's still fun! \:D/

Edit: Hehe, I knew someone would post the same time I did! :lol:
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

The quick and simple definition is that it's basically solitaire with multiple people, and everyone is trying to get rid of their nifty extra-special pile of 10 cards before anyone else does. And no, it's not a Yankee game. I live in the South and I've played it all my life. I've had to teach it to all my unenlightened Yankee friends because they've never heard of it. For anyone who's played...have you ever played with more than 4 people?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yeah, I've played with a whole group of people using 2-3 decks. \:D/ Fun!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Some people don't want their cards marked, but I don't think it matters. It's just so fun and insane playing with 8 people!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Peanuts/Nertz/Pounce/Moochie/whatever-else-one-wants-to-call-it is essentially the same thing as Dutch Blitz, except you can play it with however many people you want and everyone has their own deck! \:D/ I've played Dutch Blitz, but I prefer Peanuts over DB. I think the most people I have played Peanuts with would be... *thinks* perhaps 10 or 11. It's pretty much the AWESOMEST game on the PLANET! :yes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nertz
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I love games! \:D/

Scattergories, Taboo, Apples to Apples, Balderdash, Tribond, Password, Rook, Phase Ten, Trivial Pursuit, Dutch Blitz, Yahtzee, and Guesstures are some that I enjoy. :yes:
V-lady wrote:Phase Ten, spoons, MadGab, Outburst, Taboo, Catch Phrase, Dutch Blitz, Scrabble, ...and many others that I can't think of right now. :)
violet flower wrote:Lets see Rummy Cubes, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Balderdash, Apples to Apples, Blurt, Consontrasion(sp?), 4 square, Thats all the time I have right now or I would name more...
Mireille Bouquet wrote:Farkle, and War! (Classics.)
JesusIsAlive wrote:OH! And I love playing 4 on a Couch, I Have Never,
violet flower wrote:speed, UNO, connect 4, and I never!!
Yes, precious. :yes:

I also like Mille Bornes, Pente, Whatzit, Remote Possibilites, Mad Gab Mania, Bible Mad Gab, PayDay, IMAgiNiff, 5 Alive, Hit the Deck, I Doubt It, Uno Spin, Uno Attack, Outburst Remix, Beyond Balderdash, Bamboozle, Life, etc...
Love is stronger than death.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I'd forgotten about imagineiff! That one is so fun! \:D/