Veggitales

To talk about those Little Veggies we all know and love.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I loved the Larry and Mr. Lunt commentary! And I learned the you must film Digitally but it dosen't show wetness. There stories that they made up were very funny.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

What I love about Veggie Tales is that they have things that only adults (and G&S snobs) would know. My sister was saying that with the exception of one song all the songs from Sumo of the Opera were taken from a Gilbert and Sullivan musical. And lets not forget the Monty Python references in The Duke and the Pie War.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I love Veggie Tales! Silly Songs rule! When I used to be a preschool teacher we were supposed to play movies at naptime, and I would always try to put Veggie Tales on......for the kids, of course ;)
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

HarlowRoxMySox wrote:
I don't own any Veggitales videos, but they are all really cool. Even though they're for little kids, I still love it. :P very interesting too.
Nah, Veggitales is for kids of all ages. :D And even if it is for little kids, I'm willing to be one to watch veggitales!
Very true. :D
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

My friend's family has a lot of little kids so when I'm over there they're watching Veggietales. The songs get stuck in my mind and I hum it sometimes and my friends are like.. you watch VeggieTales? O_o! :shock: :dumb:
Padme Solo
Gold Member

Post by Padme Solo »

Veggietales is great!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Veggie Tales is like Spongebob Squarepants: Even though it targets kids, adults get crazy over it as well. Spoofs galore! Yea!

I saw the Sumo of the Opera...it was kinda wierd. A little too many spoofs for my taste. Lord of the Beans sounds funny...oh! Look at this link!
http://www.veggiegear.com/vetahaloofbe.html That looks funny. My favorite VT is The Star of Christmas...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I am so pumped about the upcoming Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's hairbrush! It looks cool, and I like the Indiana Jones movies, so I want to see if there are any references to them, or just a spoof on the name and outfit.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:I saw the Sumo of the Opera...it was kinda wierd. A little too many spoofs for my taste. Lord of the Beans sounds funny...oh! Look at this link!
http://www.veggiegear.com/vetahaloofbe.html That looks funny. My favorite VT is The Star of Christmas...
Cute. :lol:

Junior--I mean, Todo Baggypants--looks awesome in that wig. :D
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

We have all the movies up until the point where Big Idea was bought out. Since then the animation hasen't been as good.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Jman 009 wrote:We have all the movies up until the point where Big Idea was bought out. Since then the animation hasen't been as good.
So now you're not going to buy them as they come out anymore?
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Frank wrote:
Jman 009 wrote:We have all the movies up until the point where Big Idea was bought out. Since then the animation hasen't been as good.
So now you're not going to buy them as they come out anymore?
We may, we're just not going to charge to the store and pay full price for them now. [-( It gets to be very expensive when you do that.
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I definately like the regular Veggie Tales movies better than 3,2,1 Penguins.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

But if "we" don't get the Lord of the Beans movie when it comes out.... I'll get it myself! :badgrin:
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

We have all the movies up until the point where Big Idea was bought out. Since then the animation hasen't been as good.
I didn't realize that the animation changed after they were bought out. What's the newest episode after that happened?
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

I think after they were bought out, The Wonderful Land Of Auto-tainment was the first movie to come out. I went to Big Idea website to double check, and, well, I'm not sure if they did change the animation! 8-[ Maybe that was just with the Larryboy eps. :-k
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

I can't wait till Minnesota Cuke and the search for samson's hairbrush comes out!!! It's a copy off of Indiana Jones. \:D/
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Quite honestly I don't notice any difference in the animation. The traditionally animated ones didn't go very far, but there seems to no difference in the computer animated ones.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Oh, gosh. I'm glad they gave up on those Larry boy animated ones. We bought the first two, and were very disappointed. I know that they were geared for younger kids, but they were pretty pathetic. I kinda wish that they would come out with a new Larry boy episode that's up to Big Idea's standards.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

HarlowRoxMySox wrote:Oh, gosh. I'm glad they gave up on those Larry boy animated ones. We bought the first two, and were very disappointed. I know that they were geared for younger kids, but they were pretty pathetic. I kinda wish that they would come out with a new Larry boy episode that's up to Big Idea's standards.
Ooh, I've never seen the movies, but I've looked at the cover. 8-[ They looked pretty sad, and even if it geared toward kids, the graphics looked horrific. Animation, I'm sure, was just as bad. Like you said, HarlowRoxMySox, I hope Big Idea comes up with another Larry Boy episode. We haven't had one since "Larry Boy and the Rumor Weed."
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!