HALO anyone?

I'll admit it. I'm hooked. I'm an official Halo GEEK.

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.

Halo is:

OVERRATED
39%
Fun and entertaining
25%
Boring
18%
The most fun you're allowed to have with your clothes on!
18%

Total votes: 28

Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I have also heard that Halo 2 ending was really lame.

I think that its overrated but can be fun. I'm not a big FPS person though.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I love Halo
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!! \:D/ \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Yay! Good to hear. Now that's I've beat the Halo 1 missions though, it doesn't seem all that interesting. I really long for the next multi-player Halo 2 party we have or at least getting Halo 2 for the campaign!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Halo...I cant beleive I didnt see this sooner Halo is good...camapign gets boring...but MP shall live forever...I could go into the very depths of my halo career...but I wont
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I haven't played Halo 2 yet...... ](*,)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

LovedbyGod wrote:Yay! Good to hear. Now that's I've beat the Halo 1 missions though, it doesn't seem all that interesting. I really long for the next multi-player Halo 2 party we have or at least getting Halo 2 for the campaign!
I'd enjoy multiplayer much better if I was any good at it. :doubt:

Nothing beats dual-wielding, though. Once you play Halo 2, there's no way you'll want to go back to Halo. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

And stealing ships =D>
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Yes I LOVE multi-player! IT is so cool! Having team mates to cheer you, or to be mad at you if you mess up. :-

And playing games like capture-the-flag with lots of weapons and king of the hill. IT's just great entertainment. I'm sure my parents would prefer something out of doors though. Like real capture-the-flag for instance.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Me
An original

Post by Me »

In the update to Halo 2 (halo 2.5), they increase the power of the pistol whip. Because of that I love sneaking up behind people and going "splinter cell" on them. Got over 20 pistol whip kills in one game.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

LovedbyGod wrote:Yes I LOVE multi-player! IT is so cool! Having team mates to cheer you, or to be mad at you if you mess up. :-

And playing games like capture-the-flag with lots of weapons and king of the hill. IT's just great entertainment. I'm sure my parents would prefer something out of doors though. Like real capture-the-flag for instance.
You really should try AA..... :-
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me wrote:In the update to Halo 2 (halo 2.5), they increase the power of the pistol whip. Because of that I love sneaking up behind people and going "splinter cell" on them. Got over 20 pistol whip kills in one game.
I heard about that update. What other additions did they include in it? Do you play the game off the update disc or does it install the updates directly the hard-drive (similar to the way the dashboard can be upgraded)? :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

The biggest advantage is that you get more maps. As for playing and install, I don't know because I don't actually own the game.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

About the update: Bungie recently released a massive update through Xbox live. This update was a required download for every Xbox before it could go back to play on Live. The most significant addition in this update were:

The power of the frag grenades has been increased up to about what they were in Halo. The Plasma grenades still kill anytime you sticky someone.

Melees are significantly stronger. Before it took about 6 hits straight on with most weapons. Now it takes 1-3, depending on the weapon, and the direction you ar emoving.

The brute shot is considerably more powerful, both in melee and in it's normal shot.

The power of certain dual wielding combos (significantly smg/smg and plasma rifle/smg) have been decreased.

The stats were also reset, and spread out more.

On week after the update, 4 new maps were released. Turf and Sanctuary cost $6, while Containment and Warlock (a remake of Wizard) were free.

On June 28, 5 new halo maps will be available for the price of $12, and Turf and Sanctuary will be free to all Xbox Live Halo players for free.

At that time, an expansion disc will also be released, containing all 9 new Halo maps and some bonus features for Halo players not on Live.

That's pretty much everything that's been going on in the updates.

Speaking of Live, does anyone else out there own an Xbox and play on Live? If you ever want to play together, my gamertag is Azheim. Just let me know if you add me, because I don't like accepting friends that I don't know.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

David O wrote:
Speaking of Live, does anyone else out there own an Xbox and play on Live? If you ever want to play together, my gamertag is Azheim. Just let me know if you add me, because I don't like accepting friends that I don't know.
Depends on what you want to play
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Eugene Kendall wrote:
David O wrote:
Depends on what you want to play
I play pretty much anything, but enjoy Big Team Battle above all else.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

David O wrote:On June 28, 5 new halo maps will be available for the price of $12, and Turf and Sanctuary will be free to all Xbox Live Halo players for free.

At that time, an expansion disc will also be released, containing all 9 new Halo maps and some bonus features for Halo players not on Live.
So that expansion disc will include all the stuff on the Live update? :-k
David O wrote:Speaking of Live, does anyone else out there own an Xbox and play on Live? If you ever want to play together, my gamertag is Azheim. Just let me know if you add me, because I don't like accepting friends that I don't know.
I don't have enough time to play for an hour, much less play on Xbox Live. Which explains why I don't have it. :anxious:

But if I ever did happen to get Xbox Live, I'd keep your name in mind. :D
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

HALO! I can't STAND Halo. Everyone at my school loves it, and they think it's the best thing ever to be invented. They act as though they would die if Halo were banned, as though the world would end. I have never played it, but from what I gather, it's just pointless "boom, boom, shoot stuff, blow everything up :explode: " junk. Also, it's totally overrated :demonstration: . Halo II was advertised about six months before it was released, and everyone preordered it long before release. I can't stand it when people talk about how fun it is. When I asked one of my distant relatives why he preferred it over high-quality games released for Nintendo systems, he said, "It's made from an American company." Well, try looking at the credits; half the names are Japanese, so what kind of argument was that, anyway? When I play video games, I expect something more than the "boom, boom, shoot stuff, blow everything up :explode:" junk one gets from Halo, like a quality story that one might find in a popular movie. With all due respect for Microsoft, I hope they don't come out with another Halo game ever again :evil: !
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

That's pretty harsh stuff dude. I can understand not liking Halo as much as other games, but ranting about it being pointless without even having experienced the game takes away from the veracity of your comments.
EugeneFans Cousin wrote:When I play video games, I expect something more than the "boom, boom, shoot stuff, blow everything up :explode:" junk one gets from Halo, like a quality story that one might find in a popular movie.
You see? You've allowed your animosity towards Halo, birthed most likely out of your whole-hearted love for Nintendo to blind you to the point where you make statements with no basis, proving your lack of knowledge, thus weakening your complaints.

Ironically, a large reason that Halo is so acclaimed because of its amazing, cinematic story. If this is a "boom, boom shoot stuff, blow everything up" game, it is in the same sense that Star Wars, The Matrix, or Lord of the Rings is. The story line for Halo is enveloping, captivating, exhilerating, and powerful. All of this is complemented by a game engine so refined that one easily forgets the controller and truly slips into the world of Halo.

So, is Halo overrated? Yes, I'd say that even as one of the best FPSs ever, there are still those that are too obsessed with it. There are those that have engrossed themselves within it so deeply that they have hurt themselves and those around them. But then there are the masses the millions of people, casual gamers and experts, found in America and across the world that realize Halo for what it is: one of the most perfected, and genuinely fun games yet created.

Hoping Bungie doesn't let us down with Halo 3, :)

David O

BTW, I didn't mean to insult you EugeneFans Cousin, I hope you weren't offended. Clearly we both are passionate about gaming. I hope you can take my post as merely something to think about from someone on the other end of the spectrum.
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

David O wrote:That's pretty harsh stuff dude. I can understand not liking Halo as much as other games, but ranting about it being pointless without even having experienced the game takes away from the veracity of your comments.
EugeneFans Cousin wrote:When I play video games, I expect something more than the "boom, boom, shoot stuff, blow everything up :explode:" junk one gets from Halo, like a quality story that one might find in a popular movie.
You see? You've allowed your animosity towards Halo, birthed most likely out of your whole-hearted love for Nintendo to blind you to the point where you make statements with no basis, proving your lack of knowledge, thus weakening your complaints.

Ironically, a large reason that Halo is so acclaimed because of its amazing, cinematic story. If this is a "boom, boom shoot stuff, blow everything up" game, it is in the same sense that Star Wars, The Matrix, or Lord of the Rings is. The story line for Halo is enveloping, captivating, exhilerating, and powerful. All of this is complemented by a game engine so refined that one easily forgets the controller and truly slips into the world of Halo.

So, is Halo overrated? Yes, I'd say that even as one of the best FPSs ever, there are still those that are too obsessed with it. There are those that have engrossed themselves within it so deeply that they have hurt themselves and those around them. But then there are the masses the millions of people, casual gamers and experts, found in America and across the world that realize Halo for what it is: one of the most perfected, and genuinely fun games yet created.

Hoping Bungie doesn't let us down with Halo 3, :)

David O

BTW, I didn't mean to insult you EugeneFans Cousin, I hope you weren't offended. Clearly we both are passionate about gaming. I hope you can take my post as merely something to think about from someone on the other end of the spectrum.
Alright, alright. I admit that I was too harsh. You have several good points; I am a hard-core Nintendo fan, so my comments are far from free of bias. I also don't know a whole lot about the story (other than what I've heard from classmates who wish they could just play all day). You're also right that I am a passionate gamer. Maybe it does have a point beyond what I know. However, what are you fighting for in Halo? Yourself? I just don't like that kind of thing, which is where my passion for Nintendo comes into play. I enjoy playing games in which you are fighting for someone else, to help someone. Again, I am not free from any bias.

Also, I don't know why I added that stuff about my second cousin in there. It was pretty pointless, actually. I know he's not going to read it, so why did I post it? Sorry, I guess I wasn't thinking #-o .

However, there are still things I disagree with. Is Halo like The Lord of the Rings or Star Wars? If so, does the story even compare? I know that LOTR and Star Wars aren't pointless destruction (I own some of them myself), but what about Halo? Is there a point at all? I probably don't know enough about it, but is there a point in plasma grenades and aliens? I guess it depends on who you ask.

Other than that, I have no more to say. Maybe I have no basis for my arguments. Maybe Halo is just pointless destruction. I don't know for sure. Most of your arguments were extremely valid, and I simply must commend your coolness. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll enjoy it just as much as you obviously do.

By the way, I didn't know they were coming out with another one ](*,) !