Snow!

It's about that time of year again...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Do you like snow?

For the most part. It gets tiring, though...
28%
Yeah, I love it.
52%
I don't care either way.
4%
No snow around here....
6%
No! Snow is evil! >_<
10%

Total votes: 50

JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I love snow!!! I wish I lived in Wiscon or Minne... \:D/
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I like snow, but it can outstay its welcome. I always want snow for Christmas, and the blizzard last February (at school-home) was great since I'd never really seen snowdrifts before. When that happened, classes were canceled for two days, so my friends and I walked about a mile through the snow just to get to the movie rental store (when we could've gotten a ride!). Even though we ended up calling campus safety to come pick us up after we got there, it was a fun adventure :D

Back on topic... we usually just get a few inches at a time (home-home), so a huge snowfall once or twice (when it's convenient, of course) would be nice.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ah, the annual topic of snow emerges once again. :(

Don't you think it's early to talk about snow? Don't encourage it! :shame:

Anyhow, I've really had a love-hate relationship with snow the past several years. Most of the time, I'm usually apathetic towards it. But when the weather decides to shower down twelve to fifteen inches of this granular crystalline water ice on our driveway, then it becomes personal. Especially since it refuses to move onto the lawn when I tell it to. It's really quite stubborn in that way. :x

But other than that, I love snow. O:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I love snow! :inlove: I want snow like in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I absolutely LOVE snow. :inlove: It's nowhere near snow weather yet here though. :( I can't wait for winter...
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Ah, the annual topic of snow emerges once again. :(

Don't you think it's early to talk about snow? Don't encourage it! :shame:
Ooops. Sorry... :anxious:

But I don't think it's ever too early to talk about snow. O:)
don't forget the rain.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I did have to really scrape my car windshield this morning, but no real snow yet, fortunately! I'm spending close to two hours a day driving for the next few weeks, so clear roads are a good thing. :D I like snow better when it's somebody else's problem, and I also don't want to have to shovel my car out every morning. :noway:
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I've only seen it snow once.... and as a seventeen-year-old, I hopped around in the dark at the camp saying to anyone I saw, "It's snowing! It's SNOWING," and trying to eat a frozen Snicker bar.

We pray every year for snow at camp. We've only gotten it once since before I was in high school (so only once in the last six years or so).

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Wow, only once? That's tragic.

I've seen it a few more times. \:D/ And I'll never get tired of it. \:D/ I love snow! :anxious:
don't forget the rain.
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

Snow is an awesome thing. I love it. And I don't even really mind shoveling or scraping ice off my windshiled. Though ice on the windshield wouldn't be a big problem for me now since I got a remote starter for my car, therefore I can start the car while I'm still in the house and have the car warmed up and ice melted when I go out (I leave the heater or deforster on when I park at night). Alas, I live about an hour and a half from the closest possiblity of me seeing snow up close and personal and will probably continue to live here for another seven months or so. Unless I transfer back closer to home (Ohio) to finish school, but now that I'm this close to finishing grad school, I don't really want to transfer and have the possiblity of some of my classes not transfering, thus me being in school longer.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I love snow!!! But sadly, we haven't had a lot where I live for about six years now. :( Since then all we ever get are a few little flakes. So, it was great going to Indianapolis last winter and having it snow everyday! \:D/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:I've only seen it snow once.... and as a seventeen-year-old, I hopped around in the dark at the camp saying to anyone I saw, "It's snowing! It's SNOWING," and trying to eat a frozen Snicker bar.

We pray every year for snow at camp. We've only gotten it once since before I was in high school (so only once in the last six years or so).

Mandy
1. Snow at camp is fun

2. Once? o_O
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

Snow is fun for the most part (unless you're driving in it or have to shovel a lot of it)...why does it have to only come when it's so cold though? ;)

Wisconsin definitely gets it's share of snow. Unfortunately, we often seems to miss out on having a lot of snow around Christmastime (at least lately) and have huge snowstorms as spring approaches... (Wisconsin weather is just weird in general though :p )
Last edited by Homeward bound on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

We rarely ever get snow in England.
:boohoo: :boohoo:
I think that is a shame as I love snow and shoveling.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

We get snow alot here! Yay me!
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

I like snow but we don't get enough of it around here. Last year we got 6 in. for 2 days, and thats a lot for here. Normally we ether don't get any or only 1-2 in. that melts as soon as the sun comes up. :(
Whoever called Canada "The Frozen North" must not have come to north Vancouver Island.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I live in Colorado so I don't get much option of liking or disliking snow. Most people are like, "why do you live in Colorado if you hate snow?!" Well I can't help where I live right now because I have to live with my parents. Of course if I had a choice of where I live I probably wouldn't choose a place that would be warm because if I know better I would think that a warm place would be something more like 90% humidity and 10% warm. So I guess while I live in Colorado I have to like snow, which we just received this past Sunday.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, snow was really awesome and stuff when I was in school and we got cancelled all the time... now its rather pointless and just annoying unless its enough to get my work cancelled. :noway:
Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Post by Katrina »

:bye: I miss the snow because I am in the Philipines right now and it doesn't snow at all hear. But I miss the snow in the US.
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
Farrah
Tallying up

Post by Farrah »

Hi, I love snow!!!!!!!!!!! From farrah.