The New Fall Season of well...everything!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

NCIS, heros, new series Moonlight, looks awesome. And, House, CSI ...

Law and Order SVU, Without a trace, Private Practice, (yes the Grey's Anatomy Spinoff)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The office was awesome.

"sometimes I run people over with my car...so sue me...wait no don't sue me."
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yes the Office left me most pleased. :pray:
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Heroes S2x01 was a bit in medias ros for me personally. Which is kind of odd, considering I always start writing things as close to the middle as I can wrangle given plot.
Most of it was also fairly expositiony, although thankfully there was only a slight amount of As You Know dialogue...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Simpsons is chock full of bad stuff like lots of sextual references and lots of bad language.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Simpsons is chock full of bad stuff like lots of sextual references and lots of bad language.
We've had this discussion plenty of other times in plenty of other places. Some people don't like its morals; others do. Besides, what other TV show features characters regularly going to church?

Anyway, if you want to actually discuss The Simpsons and what is wrong with it, take it up in a thread about them. I'm sure there's one with a number of points from both sides you could find to read through. :)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Scrubs starts next week....can't wait.

Also Sunday night I may watch everybody hates Chris...it's a pretty good show.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Simpsons is chock full of bad stuff like lots of sextual references and lots of bad language.
Of course pretty much every other show mentioned has tons more of those things, but no one is picking on them... :anxious:
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Of course pretty much every other show mentioned has tons more of those things, but no one is picking on them... :anxious:
Ah, the age old shift the blame... I am talking about Simpsons because it is the longest running show in the list, and more people watch it than any of the other shows in that list.

On the church issue, this show actually makes fun of church goers. You notice that Homer tries everything he can to get out of church. Bad. You also notice that Marge tries to drag him to church.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Actually if you notice Simpsons is basically covering a political or social issue in every episode through satire- it's not just a funny cartoon. :-
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, usually I am on the opposing side of their political statements... but its a funny show, regardless.

Yeah, Homer tries getting out of church. And he accidently hammers nails into his eyes. He is an idiot. Marge is always portrayed as the "normal" member of the family, so her encouraging Homer and the kids to go to church is a good thing.

And Ned Flanders... he's done over the top and is often overly conservative, but they still don't portray him or his Christianity outright negatively... he and his beliefs are generally respected, and he is always portrayed as a really nice guy who will always do the right thing... just recently in the Simpsons Movie, the entire town is trying to kill the Simpsons for various reasons, except he offers them a way to escape.

The Simpsons and the many characters of the town represent a realistic microcosm of the world. I think it's pretty cool what they have accomplished.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Applesauce wrote:My three favorite shows that I keep track of are Lost, The Office, and Heroes (in that order). Lost doesn't come back until next spring, though.
Same here \:D/

I discovered television last year, and with it, Lost and The Office. I watched Heroes' first season online this summer and liked it, but it felt complete in itself, and I'm not sure how excited I am about it this season. The premiere was okay, but nothing spectacular. (And I don't think the dialogue was that poor :anxious:)

My roommate is a House fan, and even though I'm really liking it, it's not something I have to see every week.

When Lost starts, it will be the highlight of my week, and I will be very intolerant of anyone talking during the show. The Office, Heroes, and House are fun in the meantime, though.