Internet Safety

Just thought I'd post it.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

agent3xpaw wrote:That story Birdie posted must have been out for awhile if her birthdate was in 1935 and she was 13 years old :anxious:
Was there even internet back then?? :-s Oh that's right, Al Gore was inventing it................. #-o :D
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Christina S wrote:
agent3xpaw wrote:That story Birdie posted must have been out for awhile if her birthdate was in 1935 and she was 13 years old :anxious:
Was there even internet back then?? :-s Oh that's right, Al Gore was inventing it................. #-o :D
I meant to put 1985 instead of 1935...sorry :-
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Delete
Last edited by PJ on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitetigerswt
Tallying up

Post by whitetigerswt »

oh my gosh i live in NC Ahhhhhhhhhh now im scared
Last edited by whitetigerswt on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isaiah 30:21
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I think it was in reader's Digest in a little thing someone said
"When I agree to meet people I've met online, I always have them meeet me at the mini-golf course. Because 1. There are lots of people around, and 2. I will have a club in my hand.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
strife286
Tallying up

Post by strife286 »

Well internet safety and general safety can go hand in hand. A random older dude who stalks someone (in this case the police so it's not really a bad thing) could do it whether they talked to you online or not. If you're younger just don't walk places by yourself and such.

There's a thing on dateline where dateline NBC has someone pretend to be younger and they end up arresting those who come to meet them. It's an interesting show.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

DanP740 wrote:I think it was in reader's Digest in a little thing someone said
"When I agree to meet people I've met online, I always have them meeet me at the mini-golf course. Because 1. There are lots of people around, and 2. I will have a club in my hand.
:hilarious:

While I do think that giving out too much information on-line is not wise, it does sometimes get annoying when someone won't even tell you what grade they're in. But hey, precaution never hurt anyone, right?
don't forget the rain.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I am being stalked! :mad:
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Continental Admiral wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I am being stalked! :mad:
I don't doubt that. He's stalked you for a long time. :anxious:
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

WINDSHEAR wrote:
Continental Admiral wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I am being stalked! :mad:
I don't doubt that. He's stalked you for a long time. :anxious:
More than a year by now, by her own admission. ;)