2007 Summer Blockbusters!!!!!

Which will make the most money!? Which are you most excited about!?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Which will make the most money?!

Spider-man 3
32%
Shrek the Third
No votes
PotC: At World's End
34%
Oceans 13
No votes
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Shiny Naked Guy on a Stick
2%
Evan Almighty
No votes
Live Free or Die Hard (Die Hard 4)
2%
Ratatouille
2%
Harry Potter 8 million or whatever one they are on now
20%
The Simpsons Movie!!!!
2%
The Bourne Ultimatum
5%
Rush Hour 3
No votes

Total votes: 44

Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

I say Spiderman 3 beats out POTC 3... but maybe that's just 'cuz I like Spiderman better. ;)
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

It's going to be PoTC, Shrek 3, Harry Potter, Spiderman 3, personally.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Spiderman just owned like, ever single box office record ever =D>
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

151 Million weekend. \:D/ Yay, it beat Pirates 2! \:D/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

*goes to boxofficemojo*

Impressive. Who wants to bet P3 will break that record? ;)
Last edited by Jonathan on Mon May 07, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I voted that potc will have the most revenue by the end of the summer but Spidey 3 will be a close second, at least i think. The top 3 movies I want to see are POTC, Spidey 3, and Shrek 3. All those movies have had great prequels too, so they should be good. : )
I do what I do.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I just clicked around some more, and it looks like S3 took pretty much every opening weekend record boxofficemojo would dream up.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

POTC 3

definitely going to see this.

I would have to see the first Bourne movies to see the ultimatum.
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

It will probably be Harry Potter or Pirates, but Spiderman 3 and Bourne Ultimatum are truly exciting.
Not that I don't like the other two.
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

The Top Crusader wrote:But yeah as for BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS my personal guess is either Spider-man 3 or Pirates 3 will make the most... I want to say Spider-man will win because I like that series a lot better, but I'm not convinced it will happen. :(
My thoughts exactly...which is why I voted for Spider-man 3. I haven't seen it yet, but Spidey 2 was much stronger than POTC 2.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Pirates 3 will probably make the most. Unless some of those unknown ones jump up there and grab it by the neck and drown it in some sort of vat of 'fairly disappointing box office numbers'.

As far as the ones I want to see - Bourne Ultimatum would be cool, 'xcept first I'd have to see Identity and Supremacy to really get the full plot/etc enjoyment. (Aha, just like Aram. ;) ) And a few acquaintances have stated that I must see Pirates III with them, so I'll risk an attachment to Jack Sparrow for however long the movie is.

People have said S3 was 'really, really good', in their words, and a fellow in youth group wants to get it shown at youth group for great justice. I'm not terribly excited about it, because as nice as X-men might be, I'm not a terribly huge fan of Marvel Comics ... or any of those comic-movies, for that matter.

EDIT: After reading the review for S3, I figure S3 might actually make much more than Pirates III. Why? Pirates III has a large audience, but so does S3. And S3 appeals to adults as well, I probably couldn't see very many middle-aged people saying that 'JACK SPARROW ROCKS', but I could see some saying that they were a fan of the comic Spiderman. Thus.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

^^Yeah, we shall see! \:D/

And additionally I poo-poo the idea that Harry Potter will make the most this summer. :-s Those films tend to do well but nothing record breaking.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I'm surprised people aren't getting bored of Harry Potter. :p But, who knows I just hope The Chronicles of Narnia stays strong in the box office so that they make all seven. ;)
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well yay Spider-man 3 is still in the lead!!! \:D/ Pirates 3 and Shrek 3 are both not horribly far behind and have a chance to catch up, but there is so much new stuff out now that it'll definitely be tough for either of them to overcome...

The one that may be the "surprise hit" of the summer and win out in the end is Transformers... I've not seen it yet myself, and while it was expected to do well it's performing over and above and getting great reviews...
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The Top Crusader wrote:The one that may be the "surprise hit" of the summer and win out in the end is Transformers... I've not seen it yet myself, and while it was expected to do well it's performing over and above and getting great reviews...
wasn't a surprise to me as you can see from my previous post. Transformers made over $152.5 million already. you see, y'all should listen to me more.

BTW, how much did S3 make?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I don't think that Transformers will win jsut because Transformers dosen't have the cult following that PotC and Spidey do.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

ek reloaded wrote:I don't think that Transformers will win jsut because Transformers dosen't have the cult following that PotC and Spidey do.
That's true (most people seeing it aren't Transformers fans, they just think it looks cool) but on the other hand I am unaware of any big action movies coming out anytime soon... so Transformers doesn't have any competition other than Die Hard which came out a bit before.

And yeah, don't know how I overlooked it, but it's hard to say what The Simpsons Movie is going to do. It obviously has a massive fanbase being basically the most successful television show of all time, so... it could be pretty big.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I'm still sticking to Harry Potter as being a big hit this summer.

...And possibly, just possibly, I'll find a theatre that is showing it in English tomorrow!
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The Top Crusader wrote:
ek reloaded wrote:I don't think that Transformers will win jsut because Transformers dosen't have the cult following that PotC and Spidey do.
That's true (most people seeing it aren't Transformers fans, they just think it looks cool)
True, but the point of this movie was to create new fans. And that it did. A bunch of my friends who aren't fans gave the movie better reviews than me.
This a conversation I overheard at GameStop. Two guys working there were talking about the movie.

Guy1: "You know I hate Transformers right? Hate it."

Guy2: "And what? Now you're a fan?"

"A little bit - a little bit of a fan"

"Because of the movie?"

"Because of the movie."