Fiddler on the Roof

just saw it for the first time...

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

Our marching show next year might be "Fiddler.."

I can't picture that as a marching show. It'd be kind of weird.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I really like musicals, so naturally Fiddler on the Roof is one of my favorites. I have a copy of it on DVD but it's a bad DVD. It only plays good until you get to the point where Tzeitel gets married. I checked out the library copy as well and it is even worse off than my own copy!

I agree with Catspaw that the first half is the best half. I think it is sad that they have to leave their town.

Even as I type this now I can't get the song "Tradition" out of my head.

I didn't know that John Campbell did the music for this either.
redcanadian87
I'm a teapot

Post by redcanadian87 »

My Cousin and I have a tradition of watching Fiddler on the Roof together. It has been a few years, and I really really want to watch it again. I wonder what she's doing this summer... I should see if we can hang out and watch it sometime this summer. :D

I sometimes get the "If I were a Rich man" song stuck in my head. I dance sometimes... \:D/
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

We might have that our marching music next year in band!!!

Cool!! =D> =D>
Whits Clara
Not as new

Post by Whits Clara »

I was only just introduced to Fiddler on the Roof last year, and I'm quite in love with it. One of my fondest aspirations is to play Tzeitel in a musical. Just to sing Matchmaker -- wouldn't it be the greatest fun? :D
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

Whit's Clara wrote:I was only just introduced to Fiddler on the Roof last year, and I'm quite in love with it. One of my fondest aspirations is to play Tzeitel in a musical. Just to sing Matchmaker -- wouldn't it be the greatest fun? :D
Thats my dream too! \:D/ To play anyone of the three sisters would be awesome! A theatre is even having audtions where I live, but sadly, I will be on a missions trip with my class the week of the performance. :( *goes to play matchmaker on itunes*
Whits Clara
Not as new

Post by Whits Clara »

Aww... *sympathy* Hope the mission trip goes well, though! Where are you going?
Mel
Smile for the camera

Post by Mel »

I've seen the first while of the movie, but it had to go back to the library before we finished it, and I don't think I've seen it there since. :(
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Oh, yeah, it's great. My mom has this tape of Fiddler's sound track that plays constantly, so we know all the songs, even though my sister Nicole can't stand it. (or any musicals for that matter)!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Mel wrote:I've seen the first while of the movie, but it had to go back to the library before we finished it, and I don't think I've seen it there since. :(
I understand it may be a long movie but it is definitely worth it and one of the greatest movies of all time.

As a side note, my blockbuster recently moved the entire "musical" section into comedy. :roll:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

oh, yeah, when we got it from the library, it was on 2 tapes (VHS, OLD SCHOOL!!!), and my mom made us watch it in 1 hour segments each day, so that took a while...