Touched by an Angel

No, not the show. :P

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:Have you or someone you know ever have an encounter with an angel?
WINDSHEAR wrote:if you wanna talk about demon experiences, I have plenty of them to relate too, but I thought this was about unfallen angels and God. :noway:
A distinction that was not made by the author of this thread.

I prefer to hear about both experiences.

I thought a bit more and believe that we've probably come into contact with more of the spirit realm than we know or remember...

There was one rainy dark evening when my mom, sister, and I finished at Costco and there was an older asian woman with two pillows and a box of groceries and I don't remember the conversation but she needed a ride so my mom offered to take her. It was very strange, but we took her to her house and dropped off her groceries and then dropped her off at the asian church close-by. For some reason that story always sticks in my mind when I think about angels.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Yes, but I think she meant unfallen angel. :noway:

Although if she wants to hear about demon experiences, let her specify. :) I have plenty enough of them to relate. :-
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

WINDSHEAR wrote:Yes, but I think she meant unfallen angel. :noway:

Although if she wants to hear about demon experiences, let her specify. :) I have plenty enough of them to relate. :-
If I want to share something, I'll do it. :D
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Sure. I didn't order you not to, I certainly didn't mean to, anyway. I just stated my opinion of what she was asking for. :-s
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Meh, considerig the story I am about to tell has both angels AND demons in it...;). It's fine with me!

Several years ago, we discovered that our next door neighbor's wife was pregnant. Everybody was thrilled, and when the time came for her to have her baby, she gave birth to a healthy little girl. However, she was bleeding quite a bit, and the doctors couldn't fix it, so she was air ambulanced to Edmonton. She rapidly grew worse and worse. Finally the doctors gave her family a call, who in turn passed the word along to us, that she only had an hour to live. (She was unconciense(sp?) at the time.) It was a Sunday, so during the evening service my Dad went up to the front and stood in proxy for her. He was annointed with oil and the whole church gathered around him to pray.

Well, the next morning, we got a phone call from the family who said that a miracle had occured. Our next door neighbor's wife had recovered. We thanked God for that wonderful miracle. However, the story isn't over yet.

After she came home from the hospital, our next door neighbor's wife told us an amazing story that still sends shivers down my spine. She said that during the time that she was unconcience, her body was dragged down a horrible long tunnel with a bright light at the end of it. Her body was pummeled with rocks and debris, and she saw the nightmarish faces of demons swirling around her. Just as she was about to be dragged completely into the light, a creature that she said 'looked like a large bird of prey' swooped down and carried her far away from that awful tunnel to safety. After that, she gained concienceness.

My family believes that she was rescued from the gates of heck by a heaven sent angel. Ever since then, on on our next door neighbor's daughter's birthday, everybody gets together to celebrate the double miracle of the daughter's birth and the mother's rescue.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Um, was the mother a Christian? :-s
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Bumble wrote:Um, was the mother a Christian? :-s
No, she wasn't. She still isn't, but my Dad witnessed to her and we invited her over to church. It's between her and God now.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Wow, I think that would get my attention if I had a dream like that...

But then, God works in his own ways :-
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Bumble wrote:Wow, I think that would get my attention if I had a dream like that...

That wasn't a dream. She really died then, and she was brought back to life in the nick of time. You're right about God working in his own ways though.

Haystack

P.S The little girl is now six years old, if you wanted to know.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:
Bumble wrote:Wow, I think that would get my attention if I had a dream like that...

That wasn't a dream. She really died then, and she was brought back to life in the nick of time. You're right about God working in his own ways though.

Haystack

P.S The little girl is now six years old, if you wanted to know.
Oh really? :) You say that quite assuredly O:)
I agree that it's possible she might have died and that was what death would be like for a non Christian, but I think it might be a little premature to believe she actually died and was brought back to life without more proof.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Either way, it seems that God did something amazing. Does it really matter, STRYPER? The woman is alive and still has the chance to accept God's truth before she permanently leaves this earth. That's wonderful news, isn't it? \:D/ I don't see how a detail makes it any less an incredible act of God to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing that story, Haystack! \:D/
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Very true. :-k

I think I had just finished posting heavily in the CCDS before posting that :anxious:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

What is the CCDS? Everyone keeps talking about it! ](*,)
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

underdogfan710 wrote:What is the CCDS? Everyone keeps talking about it! ](*,)
Campbell College Debate Society. It's a faction.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

the_newfie_haystack wrote: No, she wasn't. She still isn't, but my Dad witnessed to her and we invited her over to church. It's between her and God now.

Haystack
My father is a respiratory therapist, and he's always said that the light at the end of the tunnel, that people expiereance when they are losing their ability to breath, is from the lack of oxygen. When a person can't breath anymore their vision scopes, making them see their surroundings in tunnel like way... So the light at the end of the tunnel is usually an illusion. But I do think that God uses it to try and bring people to him. :-)