Dating

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

jessicado wrote:That's cuz we're so cute and cuddly...... :D
Really? :hug:
Bmuntz wrote:The topic hasn't really come up with me and my parents so I just asked my dad. He said when I could afford it I could. And looking at my wallet...its going to be a while."
:lol:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
jessicado wrote:That's cuz we're so cute and cuddly...... :D
Really? :hug:
Really. :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Woah. :o

I saw the thread entitled, "Dating." For some reason, the topic below immediately caught my eye. "Stupid things."

:headscratch:
:lol:
mellow wrote:dont think my parents care.
I hope that's not true, but that's for a whole 'nother discussion.
beka8910 wrote:My parents say I'm not aloud to date until I'm 16(not a big deal for me) but some of my friends think its stupid.
I'm not in agreement with those who say it's stupid.
beka8910 wrote:I was just wondering if anyone else had a certain age they had to be before they could date.
My parents say 16, of when you're mature enough. With me, they never worried about it too much (b/c I was mature enough in their eyes and I didn't want to date). Though my siblings are another story. My brother went behind my parent's backs and wound up dating three different girls at the same time. The chips sure wound up hitting the fan on that one. #-o

-Jonathan
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Jonathan wrote: My parents say 16, of when you're mature enough. With me, they never worried about it too much (b/c I was mature enough in their eyes and I didn't want to date). Though my siblings are another story. My brother went behind my parent's backs and wound up dating three different girls at the same time. The chips sure wound up hitting the fan on that one. #-o
Ouch... Do tell...
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Monday wrote:
Jonathan wrote: My parents say 16, of when you're mature enough. With me, they never worried about it too much (b/c I was mature enough in their eyes and I didn't want to date). Though my siblings are another story. My brother went behind my parent's backs and wound up dating three different girls at the same time. The chips sure wound up hitting the fan on that one. #-o
Ouch... Do tell...
Let's say at least two of them found out.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

oooohhh. Ouch. Poor girls.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Jonathan wrote:
Monday wrote:
Ouch... Do tell...
Owwww... That's trouble...
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

Monday wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Monday wrote:
Ouch... Do tell...
Owwww... That's trouble...
yes that is
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Did he have a date with all three of them on one night, and have to make up excuses to leave the table so he could run and change clothes and go to another table with another girl... then spill water on himself so he had to leave again and run to the next one, etc?

That would be so cool!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Top Crusader wrote:Did he have a date with all three of them on one night, and have to make up excuses to leave the table so he could run and change clothes and go to another table with another girl... then spill water on himself so he had to leave again and run to the next one, etc?
Now, Top, you shouldn't make light of such things. :shame:

:: runs off to . . . :lol: ::
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Bmuntz wrote:The topic hasn't really come up with me and my parents so I just asked my dad. He said when I could afford it I could. And looking at my wallet...its going to be a while.
LOL!

I don't want to date until I'm ready to get married.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Welcome back Captain Jack.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I find it quite disturbing, my good chaps (and chapesses) that parents wouldn't care about their children's approach to marriage. I am also concerned about this paradigm that one must reach a certain age before "dating." In my humble view, dating is never appropriate except betwixt man and wife. Why you may ask? Simple--modern dating is nothing more than recreational emotional attachments prior to marriage. In other words, it trains young men and women to be accustomed to come and go as they please in a relationship. They are training themselves for divorce later on down the road. (Not that I think divorce will happen every time, but dating makes it much more prevalent.)

A similiar mammoth dating thread was posted at TownHall, and here are some more thoughts that I have about dating and courtship.

http://townhall.switchflood.com/viewtop ... &start=269

Disclaimer: I do not want to offend anyone who has dated, is dating, or is planning to date; I merely wish to express my views on the subject--which happen to be quite conservative--and provide some food for thought.

Cheerio and good evening,

Doctor Watson
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Dr. Watson wrote:I find it quite disturbing, my good chaps (and chapesses) that parents wouldn't care about their children's approach to marriage. I am also concerned about this paradigm that one must reach a certain age before "dating." In my humble view, dating is never appropriate except betwixt man and wife. Why you may ask? Simple--modern dating is nothing more than recreational emotional attachments prior to marriage. In other words, it trains young men and women to be accustomed to come and go as they please in a relationship. They are training themselves for divorce later on down the road. (Not that I think divorce will happen every time, but dating makes it much more prevalent.)

A similiar mammoth dating thread was posted at TownHall, and here are some more thoughts that I have about dating and courtship.

http://townhall.switchflood.com/viewtop ... &start=269

Disclaimer: I do not want to offend anyone who has dated, is dating, or is planning to date; I merely wish to express my views on the subject--which happen to be quite conservative, and provide some food for thought.

Cheerio and good evening,

Doctor Watson
Agreed. My "dates" would be a far cry from what many teens do now. More of a courtship. Going to an icecream shop for a cone or something.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I must agree with Watson mostly. Modern dating is simply foolish, in my opinion, especially in Jr. High and the early years of high school. Jr. Highers who date are only fooling themselves, it's practicaly a fact that those relationships are bound to break up in less than a month.

Dating should be taken seriousley, and I hope with all my heart the first girl I start dating will be my wife. I plan on praying for the right one, not following my feelings and going out with every pretty girl I run in to. And Lord willing, he will bring me and my future bride together.

You see, many people confuse love with romance. Romance accompanieslove, but should never be the basis for it. Those butterflies you get in your stomache when you see that certain someone is not love, it is romace. Love is a true caring and willingness to give up your own interests for someone else. Love is what Christ has for us. I think we should focus on the love now, and the romance after we are married.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Did you really write that post Eugene? :o
I'm floored! 'Twas terrific! :)
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

The Top Crusader wrote:
DanP740 wrote:I WILL NEVER!!!!!!!!!!! :insane:
You say that now, but once you get tired of cooking and cleaning on your own...

That is just rude....... :noway:

You know full and well that we females bake too.

(Chandler--I love your avatar!!!!!!!!)
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Yes I wrote it. ;)
You know, I kind of wish we had an Impolite Company here, I rather miss using my brain and discussing matters and such. Believe it or not I was invoved a bit in that over at the TH. :)
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

thankgoodness we dont have that here. you can just debate about it at the TH. why do it here?
Image [img]
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Not debate Mellow, discuss. We are to love the Lord God with all out heart, soul, and mind. Why shouldn't we be able to discuss matters of the Christian life? :)