Facing The Giants

Have you seen it?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Wendy Koopa wrote:
macnut24 wrote:
danadelfos wrote:It's made 4 million so far. :shock:
Yeah! That's really exciting. I wanna go see it again...anyone want to come with me?
Me! Pick me! \:D/
Sounds good. How about Saturday?

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

macnut24 wrote:
Wendy Koopa wrote:
macnut24 wrote:
Yeah! That's really exciting. I wanna go see it again...anyone want to come with me?
Sure, works for me! Your country or mine? ;)
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Wendy Koopa wrote:
macnut24 wrote:
Wendy Koopa wrote:
macnut24 wrote:
We can go in yours if you don't mind paying for transportation...

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

macnut24 wrote:
Wendy Koopa wrote:
macnut24 wrote:
Wendy Koopa wrote:
macnut24 wrote:
Somehow this is starting to sound like a bad deal. :anxious: I'll let you know on Sunday if it works. O:)
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Wendy Koopa wrote:
macnut24 wrote:
Wendy Koopa wrote:
macnut24 wrote:
Wendy Koopa wrote:
macnut24 wrote:
Somehow this is starting to sound like a bad deal. :anxious: I'll let you know on Sunday if it works. O:)
Sure...but that's kinda a long trip for a 2 hour movie...I think it comes out in Feburary. Maybe, I can come up then.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

macnut24 wrote: Sure...but that's kinda a long trip for a 2 hour movie...I think it comes out in Feburary. Maybe, I can come up then.
Well, see you in February...if you manage to find where I live, that is. :- Good luck!
readywriter
29K to go!

Post by readywriter »

I think that movie has made $6,000,000. So far! It's really surprising since they only spent $100,000 on it. \:D/
Peace I leave with you, peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth give I unto you; let not your heart be troulbed nor let it be afraid. from the book of the apostle John
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Sorry to bump this thread, but we went to see Facing the Giants last Saturday! \:D/ It turned out to be quite good! Yes, in a couple of places the acting could have been better, but it was fine overall. :D

If anyplace in your area is still showing it, I'd definitely recommend it. :yes: We were fortunate that a small theater downtown had it - we just had to travel a few minutes to see it. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
thelovelyrose
Fourscore and seven

Post by thelovelyrose »

I watched a scene from that movie in class, actually. It was where the blindfolded guy had to crawl across the field with another guy on his back. My heart was pounding when he made it to the end zone! That's all I've seen, but it sure looked good! \:D/

~now with High School Equivalence~
Thanks, Lizpaw and Pc Pro!
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

thelovelyrose wrote:I watched a scene from that movie in class, actually. It was where the blindfolded guy had to crawl across the field with another guy on his back. My heart was pounding when he made it to the end zone! That's all I've seen, but it sure looked good! \:D/
That part was awesome! I loved it! :D

Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I just saw this movie...

Like someone else mentioned, a few spots the acting could have been better but I definitely liked the movie. Overall, it was an awesome story\awesome moral... Really good movie!
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I may be the only person here that didn't like it. :anxious:

*SPOILERS*

I thought the acting was pretty bad, and the story was cheesy. Since the first part is self-explanatory, I'll just yap about the second. ;)

First of all, for the unsaved, it gave an inaccurate view of Christianity. Christians don't ALWAYS get what they want, and things don't always turn out right. I think the movie would have been 90% better if they lost the big game. We don't want unsaved moviegoers to think "Well, I should become a Christian since they always get what they want." It's very easy to stick with your faith, and say 'whether we win or lose it goes to the glory of God' when everything is going perfect. It just made me walk out of the theater thinking,"huh, why don't all my dreams just come true, since I believe". Life doesn't always work that way.
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Shad Paw wrote:I may be the only person here that didn't like it. :anxious:

*SPOILERS*

I thought the acting was pretty bad, and the story was cheesy. Since the first part is self-explanatory, I'll just yap about the second. ;)

First of all, for the unsaved, it gave an inaccurate view of Christianity. Christians don't ALWAYS get what they want, and things don't always turn out right. I think the movie would have been 90% better if they lost the big game. We don't want unsaved moviegoers to think "Well, I should become a Christian since they always get what they want." It's very easy to stick with your faith, and say 'whether we win or lose it goes to the glory of God' when everything is going perfect. It just made me walk out of the theater thinking,"huh, why don't all my dreams just come true, since I believe". Life doesn't always work that way.
True but I believe that the point was that nothing is too big for God. Also, it's not like Grant didn't believe when everything was going wrong. Overall, I think the point was that there are valleys and there are mountains and through all of it God had the power to do whatever pleased and glorified Himself. (My two cents.)

Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Shad Paw wrote:First of all, for the unsaved, it gave an inaccurate view of Christianity. Christians don't ALWAYS get what they want, and things don't always turn out right. I think the movie would have been 90% better if they lost the big game. We don't want unsaved moviegoers to think "Well, I should become a Christian since they always get what they want." It's very easy to stick with your faith, and say 'whether we win or lose it goes to the glory of God' when everything is going perfect. It just made me walk out of the theater thinking,"huh, why don't all my dreams just come true, since I believe". Life doesn't always work that way.
Sure, perhaps they did win the game and the woman did get pregnant (Which I think they should have left out... Either they had kids, or the won the game. Shouldn't have been both in my opinion - too cheesy) However, the movie depicts faith standing strong in the midst of a storm - though not everyone has the miracle of losing a game in the state playoffs, and then, miraculously, the other team gets kicked out since they had players who weren't allowed and thereby landing the "Christian" team back into the playoffs - if they'd lost the game, who would have wanted to see the movie, honestly? Most football movies are about happy endings. I don't think a Christian football movie is going to drift too far from that. ;)

I thought the film made a good point to say "Whether we win or lose, we give glory to God." They won, yes, thereby making the movie a bit cheesy, but... some people do get to win. Some don't. Besides, they didn't do well for 6 years straight. Doesn't that count for something? ;)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

By the same token considering this film was done by a church as a fund raising project. It was pretty well done considering those factors.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Yeah. I still hope to see better films made by the Christian community.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

It was 100 times better then their first move, Flywheel. We just saw Flywheel and I'm suprised any theaters carried it. I'm definitly seeing improvement so I'm hoping for alot in the next one. I think they've started filming it... Btw: Flywheel everything went right for them as well which gets a little cheesy after two movies of basically the same plot....
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I loved it. Absolutely wonderful! It made me feel good. I love those kind of movies. I don't think it was cheesy, probably because I like it when everything turns out well. -even if it's not reasonable..I don't care, as long as the ending is happy and throughout it's happy..then I'm good. :D
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

It was such a good movie! I really liked it! I think it was so cool how they lost and then praised God and then they won and how she praised God even though she was not pregnant and then got pregnant. They promised to love God even if they didn't get their way and they won!
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

It was a really good movie. Its really cool how even in today's culture those kind of movies are still being shown in theaters. I saw it at a leadership conference I went to and loved it.