Church hours

What time is church for you?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

huh? What do you mean Jonathan?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Hope's my sister and I already posted all that.

-Jonathan
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Oh ok. I missed that. THat makes more sense now.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I think we go around 9:00. My brother does sound so he has to go a little early.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Hey! I do sound too!

Our churchs first service is at 9am, sunday school is at 10am and second service is at 11am.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

All church is to early ;) I usually go at about 9:30 for sunday school then the service is after.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I don't currently.........but in the past I've done sound and power point for church.........as well as being on the worship team.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Sunday morning service starts at 10 AM and runs until 11:15-11:30 AM. Sunday evening service begins at 6:00. I've not been to it since they started it at that time so I don't know how long it runs.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

gimp80995 wrote:I don't currently.........but in the past I've done sound and power point for church.........as well as being on the worship team.

Peace Out

-Gimp
*shudders* oh the horrors of running sound!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Me wrote:
gimp80995 wrote:I don't currently.........but in the past I've done sound and power point for church.........as well as being on the worship team.

Peace Out

-Gimp
It's not that bad. Of course, it can be, but not always.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Mine starts at 10:30 AM and ends around 12.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Me wrote:

Peace Out

-Gimp
I disagree.........I would much rather run sound than power point.............esp doing the power point for the sermon with one pastor I use to have..........the guy knew that me or whoever else was doing power point needed "cues" to know when to advance in the slides..........but he managed to always forget about us (AND the power point in general) so we became REALLY good at winging it and figuring out which slide to be on and when (and with him we didn't always hit the slides in the order they were on the computer :roll: It could get fustrating to run power point during his slides............then the other pastor in the church rarely did power point for his sermon, but when he did, we also just had to wing it with him cuz he'd forget to give us our cues as well. At least we normally went through the slides in order with him.........and if he did want a couple out of their order he'd specifically ask for "the slide of _____"

The worship leader / church secretary also would occasionally goof on the songs...........putting only one slide when there was a repeat (and forgetting to tell us they were going to repeat) so we'd end up on the next slide instead of the one they were actually singing..........or she'd put the wrong wording on the power point and we'd have the scramble in the morning of trying to fix it before church...............she was also known for spelling or grammar errors (in both the bulliten and the power point slides)............we tried to convince her to either let the power point person for the week be in charge of making the power point presentation, or letting us proof it Friday..........she wasn't in favor of the former, and the latter didn't work out too well when she was often times Sat morning (this was in a SDA church) MINUTES BEFORE CHURCH STARTED getting the power point done.

Between the three of them any of us on the power point team have an excellent reference for our abilities :D

Such fun times..........I'm kinda glad that now my only responsiblity in the church is simply to attend..........though they're attempting to get me to play an instrument.........and the church I will be going to in a few months (those of you who haven't heard, I'm moving) knows me and would like to see me give the sermon every now and then :shock: Actually I don't mind doing sermons.......it's not that bad............but something I'd prefer not doing on a regular basis.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I like both (referring to Gimp talking about pp and sound, I'm too lazy to edit the quote). Throw in lights, and it's really fun. Doing all three at once, that's another story.

-Jonathan
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Jonathan wrote:I like both (referring to Gimp talking about pp and sound, I'm too lazy to edit the quote). Throw in lights, and it's really fun. Doing all three at once, that's another story.

-Jonathan
LOL.........I thought I was the only one who had experienced doing all 3 at the same time..........four if you count running the spot light during a drama skit.

Adjust mics............turn overhead lights down...........run over to the spot light get it on..........run it during the drama............get it turned off and the overhead lights back on..........turn off no-longer-needed mics........advance power point slide................

Makes my head spin just thinking about it.......

Peace Out

-Gimp

Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Sadly I have been attending so many different churches lattly that it is hard to keep track of when all the services are.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Sundays
8:45 -Breaking of the Bread (Remembrance Meeting0
10:00 - Sunday School
11:00 - Family Bible Hour (The sermon)

Wednesdays
7:15 - Prayer Meeting

And every other Sunday afternoon, at 7:15, we have a Youth Group meeting.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

well my church starts at 10:00 and there's sunday school before it
then we have Sunday night church at i think 6:00
and wednesday night youth group ar like7:00 i think
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

dancer02248 wrote:well my church starts at 10:00 and there's sunday school before it
Mine is the same except I know my night survice starts at 6:00 and Sunday School starts at 8:45 (cause we dont go to the same church pr anything :anxious: :^o )
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

beka8910 wrote:
dancer02248 wrote:well my church starts at 10:00 and there's sunday school before it
Mine is the same except I know my night survice starts at 6:00 and Sunday School starts at 8:45 (cause we dont go to the same church pr anything :anxious: :^o )
haha yeah, and we also are the best Childrens Church leaders ever. That and nursery are what i do at my church. My brother and dad do the lights/powepoint etc. and i used to help them a little :offtopic:
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

dancer02248 wrote:
beka8910 wrote:
haha yeah, and we also are the best Childrens Church leaders ever. That and nursery are what i do at my church. My brother and dad do the lights/powepoint etc. and i used to help them a little :offtopic:
yeah we are the best Childrens Church leaders but that just a little off topic