AIO 25th Anniversary!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Are you attending AIO's 25th Anniversary Birthday Bash?

YES. I wouldn't miss it! \:D/
20%
It's very possible. :)
7%
Idk...I really want to...but not sure if it will work out. :(
33%
*sighs* No... :mope:
31%
NO! WHY WOULD I WANT TO GO TO THEIR SMELLY SHOW?! :x
9%

Total votes: 45

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

OdysseyFan wrote:Friday night would be cool, like 6-9:00pm? maybe if everyone is staying at a hotel close to the airport, we could just use the lobby? order pizza in, etc. or a restaurant... last time someone made nametags for everyone at the ToO party. and of course invite the Actors! that was the best part last time. some people planned games, I might be able to provide some AIO Prizes for any games/contests that happen that night.
Yes, yes, yes! \:D/ That sounds great. It would be doubly awesome if some of the actors could hang out with us too! =D That would be sweeeet! \:D/
King Butter Turtle wrote:I've created several Odyssey spoofs of popular games ('Odyssey Fluxx' and 'Odyssey Last Word'/'Odyssey Word on the Street') and have (quite) a few more in mind that I would love to make for something like this ('Odyssey-opoly', 'Odyssey Guess Who', 'Catch Colloquialism', 'One Bad Apple to Apples' and one original game revolving around AIO quotes that I have an idea for). They probably won't work for something like this. (too many people) But, I'll definitely bring them. :yes:
Those games sound great....I'm liking this more and more. Now I KNOW I would be very disappointing if I didn't get to go. :(
jesusfreak wrote:ok, I'm going to slightly butting in on the conversation right now. My sister and I have been planning on going to this for months now. But when I talked to my parents, they shot down the idea of letting me take her with me. I haven't read all 9 pages of this conversation, but are you guys from the Too planning on doing something? I guess I'm just asking for a summary of this whole conversation. I really don't want to go alone without my sister, but if I knew that there would be cool people to talk with and sit with there, that would be really reassuring. I really don't know a lot of people here though, so I'm extending a hand of friendship to anyone who wants to hang out with a lonely college girl with no friends that listen to adventures in odyssey for the 25th Anniversary. ;)
Yeah, sure you can hang out with us (if I go). :yes:
Last edited by snubs on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'll be happy to hang out and do whatever :) Me and my parents are going to the second showing, so before and after that I'm free.
My dad wants to know where my friends will be staying (like what motel) so that we can stay at the same one. Not to say I won't make new friends, but it doesn't look like any of the friends I've made on here will be going :( (and would anyone know how to find out where the actors are staying?)

In any event, I'm getting excited.

Till the end of the line.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I am unsure where the actors are staying but my sources tell me they have a pretty tight schedule.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

We don't know where we are staying yet (if we go). It will more than likely be the closest cheapest hotel we can find.
Michael wrote:I am unsure where the actors are staying but my sources tell me they have a pretty tight schedule.
Yeah, they probably do. So, we probably won't be able to meet up with some of them aside from the Show. :(
Last edited by snubs on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lydia
Not as new

Post by Lydia »

Dad brought our tickets last night! We're going to the afternoon show.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

We just bought tickets for the afternoon show. =]

EDIT:
For those of you going...or considering going to the Live Show CLICK HERE.
Last edited by snubs on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Hey, is it too late to buy tickets?
And is there any point in going to both shows, or are they just going to be the same?
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

I haven't decided if I'm going, but I'd go to both. Who wouldn't want to get an double dose of live Odyssey?
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

That kinda makes sense... But I don't know.
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Hey, is it too late to buy tickets?
And is there any point in going to both shows, or are they just going to be the same?
You can buy tickets here. >> https://focusonthefamily.webconnex.com/aio-liveshow <<
And both shows will be the same. Meaning the same script. The Q&A will be different and of course any outtakes could very. And just so you know, it looks like the majority of ToO'ers going, are going to the second show.

EDIT: Ah! people posting.. =o The only reason I am not going to both shows is one, I don't think my sisters would want to, :( and two, I would want other people to have a chance a getting tickets.
Last edited by snubs on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Ok, I think the second show makes the most sense anyway. That way, I'll have a little more time for jet-lag. Even though it's only one or two hours different, it makes the most sense to go later in the day.
They/Them
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Tim Peterson wrote:I haven't decided if I'm going, but I'd go to both. Who wouldn't want to get an double dose of live Odyssey?
I know a lot of people who did that last time--including you I think--and from what I heard it's definitely worth it.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Jonathan wrote:
Tim Peterson wrote:I haven't decided if I'm going, but I'd go to both. Who wouldn't want to get an double dose of live Odyssey?
I know a lot of people who did that last time--including you I think--and from what I heard it's definitely worth it.
Yep, it is definitely worth going. :yes: Especially if you've never gone to a Live Show before.