AIO 25th Anniversary!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Are you attending AIO's 25th Anniversary Birthday Bash?

YES. I wouldn't miss it! \:D/
20%
It's very possible. :)
7%
Idk...I really want to...but not sure if it will work out. :(
33%
*sighs* No... :mope:
31%
NO! WHY WOULD I WANT TO GO TO THEIR SMELLY SHOW?! :x
9%

Total votes: 45

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

That would be why you can't film it. Not in the contract. :bang:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

If they're not going to let us buy it, why should even go to it?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

So, I assume it won't be a cannon episode (i.e. - given a number) - it will never be on the radio/online or in any sort of product or collection. So... really it's not an episode. It's just a show for fans in which actors interact with each other in character according to a quote/unquote script. It will still be a very cool event but, significantly different from past 'live shows'. In the past live shows have been Adventures in Odyssey episodes that were recorded in a special manner for the enjoyment of the fans. This will be more like a promotions event that happens to be similar to the recording of an episode, even though it's really not. Hmm... :-k I agree that it's disappointing that the 'episode' won't be released but, at the same time it certainly doesn't make me any less excited. We'll still get to see the actors perform and see the live foley! :D (if anything, I'm even more happy that I'm going since there will be no other way of hearing the production)

-Just some food for thought.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

King Butter Turtle wrote:So, I assume it won't be a cannon episode (i.e. - given a number) - it will never be on the radio/online or in any sort of product or collection. So... really it's not an episode. It's just a show for fans in which actors interact with each other in character according to a quote/unquote script. It will still be a very cool event but, significantly different from past 'live shows'. In the past live shows have been Adventures in Odyssey episodes that were recorded in a special manner for the enjoyment of the fans. This will be more like a promotions event that happens to be similar to the recording of an episode, even though it's really not. Hmm... :-k I agree that it's disappointing that the 'episode' won't be released but, at the same time it certainly doesn't make me any less excited. We'll still get to see the actors perform and see the live foley! :D (if anything, I'm even more happy that I'm going since there will be no other way of hearing the production)
^I agree. It will make the Show even more special to go to and actually see it, then just hear about it.

I don't see why they can't put it in an album as sort of a bonus track. Because people will buy the album...So I don't see how it would be any loss to them.
Last edited by snubs on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

You know, if the previous DVD/CD set didn't do well, it was because the DVD stunk. :-

The whole part video-part slideshow format was annoying, because we'd get to see a coulpe minutes of video, but then have to look at washed-out, digital zoomed pictures of the actors. Plus, the bonus material wasn't all that great, as it didn't have the Q&A with the actors (though we did get to hear a little portion of it on the CD [BUT THAT WASN'T ENOUGH!!!]), and the event slideshow was boring. (Even if it did have Chris and Sarah from the unfortunately gone Unnoficial Podcast, and some pictures where you could see portions of Kevin MacCreary.) Honestly, it wasn't all that amazing, and since they can't do it legaly anyway, why bother putting a mediocre package together?

I petition somebody to illegally record the show and put it on mediafire.com for the world to hear!
he/him | a little stinker.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

So my dad just told me that he's going to buy our tickets! I'M OFFICIALLY GOING!!! \:D/
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

EMBEE wrote:So my dad just told me that he's going to buy our tickets! I'M OFFICIALLY GOING!!! \:D/
Okay since you are going here are the rules all ToOer's must abide by at said convention.

1 We the people who are not going want aproximately 5,000 combined pictures from all ToOers posted in a speedy fashion of all attending ToOers.
2 Have fun! \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Knight Fisher wrote:1 We the people who are not going want aproximately 5,000 combined pictures from all ToOers posted in a speedy fashion of all attending ToOers.
I totally agree. I have high doubts of me convincing mom to go when she doesn't want to.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

You guys should decide if you're going to the morning or afternoon show (unless no one wants to meetup).

Or maybe have all the ToOers go out to eat at a restaurant in between the two shows. :-k
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

If I go, I know I want to try and get tickets for the second show. *nods*
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

We're going to the second show.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

American Eagle wrote:You guys should decide if you're going to the morning or afternoon show (unless no one wants to meetup).

Or maybe have all the ToOers go out to eat at a restaurant in between the two shows. :-k
I was kind of thinking Friday night. Isn't that what they did last time? I mean, I'll probably attend whatever sort of meet up is planned but, I would think that in between shows, there would be a lot going on (i.e. - waiting in line for those of us going to the second show) Also, speaking of ToOers getting together and hanging out, there's a six flags like, 20 minutes from the church where the show is and it's only $40 for a day pass. If anybody's interested... let me know, I guess. :)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
American Eagle wrote:You guys should decide if you're going to the morning or afternoon show (unless no one wants to meetup).

I was kind of thinking Friday night. Isn't that what they did last time? I mean, I'll probably attend whatever sort of meet up is planned but, I would think that in between shows, there would be a lot going on (i.e. - waiting in line for those of us going to the second show) Also, speaking of ToOers getting together and hanging out, there's a six flags like, 20 minutes from the church where the show is and it's only $40 for a day pass. If anybody's interested... let me know, I guess. :)
I don't like roller coasters. :(

Friday night sounds like a possibility, but I'm not sure on my end. See if I go, I'll be going with my three other sisters (two of whom are Karen Krosby/Anemone and Ardent Filmer) and I don't know if they would want to go to a ToO get-together outside meeting at the Show. Well, I know Anemone would, but I don't know about the other two. :-k :boohoo:
Last edited by snubs on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Well. I got tickets. Mom doesn't want to go so I am working on the transportation angle. If anyone is coming through AR, drop me a PM. Just exploring different options.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

Friday night would be cool, like 6-9:00pm? maybe if everyone is staying at a hotel close to the airport, we could just use the lobby? order pizza in, etc. or a restaurant... last time someone made nametags for everyone at the ToO party. and of course invite the Actors! that was the best part last time. some people planned games, I might be able to provide some AIO Prizes for any games/contests that happen that night.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I think the location of the live show stinks! If they're not doing a tour, then it should stay at FOTF HQ. There is so much more to enjoy besides the live show when you have a bookstore crammed with AIO merchandise, a real Whit's End, etc.

Plus if it was in CO, I might be able to go. :evil:
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

yeah even if they bring a truckload of merchandise it is just that stuff. No Whit's End, even if they have the costumed Characters like Whit and Eugene. and they are not Hyping the Staff that's going, I think people would like to know that Nathan, Brock, etc. are going...
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

ok, I'm going to slightly butting in on the conversation right now. My sister and I have been planning on going to this for months now. But when I talked to my parents, they shot down the idea of letting me take her with me. I haven't read all 9 pages of this conversation, but are you guys from the Too planning on doing something? I guess I'm just asking for a summary of this whole conversation. I really don't want to go alone without my sister, but if I knew that there would be cool people to talk with and sit with there, that would be really reassuring. I really don't know a lot of people here though, so I'm extending a hand of friendship to anyone who wants to hang out with a lonely college girl with no friends that listen to adventures in odyssey for the 25th Anniversary. ;)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

OdysseyFan wrote:Friday night would be cool, like 6-9:00pm? maybe if everyone is staying at a hotel close to the airport, we could just use the lobby? order pizza in, etc. or a restaurant... last time someone made nametags for everyone at the ToO party. and of course invite the Actors! that was the best part last time. some people planned games, I might be able to provide some AIO Prizes for any games/contests that happen that night.
I've created several Odyssey spoofs of popular games ('Odyssey Fluxx' and 'Odyssey Last Word'/'Odyssey Word on the Street') and have (quite) a few more in mind that I would love to make for something like this ('Odyssey-opoly', 'Odyssey Guess Who', 'Catch Colloquialism', 'One Bad Apple to Apples' and one original game revolving around AIO quotes that I have an idea for). They probably won't work for something like this. (too many people) But, I'll definitely bring them. :yes:
jesusfreak wrote:ok, I'm going to slightly butting in on the conversation right now. My sister and I have been planning on going to this for months now. But when I talked to my parents, they shot down the idea of letting me take her with me. I haven't read all 9 pages of this conversation, but are you guys from the Too planning on doing something? I guess I'm just asking for a summary of this whole conversation. I really don't want to go alone without my sister, but if I knew that there would be cool people to talk with and sit with there, that would be really reassuring. I really don't know a lot of people here though, so I'm extending a hand of friendship to anyone who wants to hang out with a lonely college girl with no friends that listen to adventures in odyssey for the 25th Anniversary. ;)
If I can speak for the group (which I probably shouldn't :anxious: ), you're more than welcome to join us for whatever it is we end up doing. :truce: I know there are at least a few of us about your age who either are for sure, or might end up going by ourselves so, you'll definitely have someone to wait in line with and such. :yes:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Just bought tickets for the morning show.