The Future of Adventures in Odyssey

Some clarification...

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

At least we don't have to wait until 2010 to hear something.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Regis Blackbeard wrote:I bet you know more than that. :-
lol, not really. Dave went to a recording session to visit the last time the team was out here. All he really learned was that the new Whit was named Andre. Due to the New Whit topic, I'd been looking up things on imdb. It clicked within minutes that this was most likely the same actor that took over Owl for Hal Smith. Heh, I even made Winnie the Pooh references there. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

He does seem to be very talented, so I do hope he can surprise me and pull off a good Whit! Yes, welcome, Andre!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

That article surprises me - at least the part about originally considering Andre for the role of Whit. I was under the impression that they wrote the part for Hal specifically and basically had already locked him on it....weird....learn something new every day! :D
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Wait, the 75th podcast isn't out is it?
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

Irwin wrote:Wait, the 75th podcast isn't out is it?
Not up on iTunes, and I haven't seen it up on the Podcast blog either. Of course, this is a non-podcast week, so...

As for Andre, after hearing the sneak peek in the podcast I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. He sounded closer to Hal than Paul's Whit did, but pitched up about an octave or so. I suppose that will probably change the more comfortable Andre gets in the role. But I'm excited, both for Passages and for the new season of AIO.

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

It looks like he played William Brewster in Stepping Stones
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Huzzah and Wooton for the new voice of Mr. Whitaker! :huzzah:
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
profg11
29K to go!

Post by profg11 »

IForgotMyUserName wrote:How long has this info been available?

NO WAY!!! IS THIS TRUE!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! Thanks for that FIND! =D>
Later,
Jordan

See my new video here:
http://alturl.com/q3zw

Google.com http://alturl.com/m72z

My website:
http://www.jordangreene.us/
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Ingress Neverwhere wrote:He sounded closer to Hal than Paul's Whit did, but pitched up about an octave or so.
That's exactly what I thought. He's much more Hal than Paul, but he's even more Dave Madden than Hal. In fact, if I hadn't known better, I'd have thought I was listening to Bernard and Jack in that scene until the name "Whit" was mentioned. I am, however, THRILLED that the Jack and Whit pieces of Passages are remaining intact in the audio dramatizations. Nothing could make me happier! \:D/

Welcome, Andre, I'm sure we'll all grow to know and love you over the next twenty years of Odyssey!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Boswell wrote:I am, however, THRILLED that the Jack and Whit pieces of Passages are remaining intact in the audio dramatizations. Nothing could make me happier! \:D/
It was also mentioned that Whit would be narrating, unlike in the book.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

One could argue that Whit does narrate in the book - he's reading it at the same time as the reader. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I am excited for the episodes this fall and the Real start of AIO in March to see all that happens.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Yea, Whit is "technically" narrating during the entire passages books. I think this is good because their are long periods in the books where a character is by themselves thinking and stuff, or wandering about...and you don't want them saying out loud, "oh it's hot, and how hard it is for me to be walking out here all by myself, and I am very afraid that they will catch up with me and kill me". This'll really help out with especially action scenes.
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

WAIT!!! Who is Andre?
Merry Christmas!
profg11
29K to go!

Post by profg11 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:One could argue that Whit does narrate in the book - he's reading it at the same time as the reader. ;)

Vary true - i actually DID THINK he was narrating it. (Till the last book - love the ending). ;-)

-- 10 Aug 2009, 15:46 --
prestoncamden11 wrote:WAIT!!! Who is Andre?
ummmm... the new Whit voice....
Later,
Jordan

See my new video here:
http://alturl.com/q3zw

Google.com http://alturl.com/m72z

My website:
http://www.jordangreene.us/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Bennett wrote:Yea, Whit is "technically" narrating during the entire passages books. I think this is good because their are long periods in the books where a character is by themselves thinking and stuff, or wandering about...and you don't want them saying out loud, "oh it's hot, and how hard it is for me to be walking out here all by myself, and I am very afraid that they will catch up with me and kill me". This'll really help out with especially action scenes.
Agreed. It would be difficult to portray certain scenes as they are in the book without the narrator. They'd sound really stilted if the character had to do all the describing for you.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Oh man. I'm so excited for the new episodes! I remember thinking about how weird it would be that I would be in college when the hiatus was over... And now I'm in college. lol. Strange how time flies.
I do what I do.