Stocks & Profits!

How much money have you made off the stock exchange?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Where did it go??? I had money in that one!!!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

It died. It's gone unless Shadowpaw brings it back, and I highly doubt he will. This happened to another one too.. :(
...I hate marquees.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I'm glad this topic is here because every time I see it it reminds me to check to see if any new stocks are in the double digits, and if any are I buy them (lest 1 share). My goal is to basicaly hang on to all 9 stock thingys I only have three of them now though.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

*is exceedingly glad she no longer had Factsbuffet shares*
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

*thinks she will soon be saying bye-bye to Wainwright* If that happens, it'll be the last time I get involved in the stock market.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I don't know why you're still holding on to that stock. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I don't know why you're still holding on to that stock. :-k
cuz I'll need therapy if I sell and then it decides that it's gonna go up several hundred dollars.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I hope it works out for you. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I hope it works out for you. :anxious:
Well, I've lost well over $8000 now, so all I have left to loose if it dies is $400 now.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

Not cool; Lol, now I'm worth $16. \:D/
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

I can't believe this, I just lost over $600... on Wainright :mope: I thought it might go back up. Anyways, I'm getting out until it starts going back up. It's now at $4, and I bought at $16 :mad: :insane:

gimp, I'd advise you to get out before you lose all your money. If you won't do that, sell for one minute, then buy back in. It should change the market.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

WINDSHEAR wrote:I can't believe this, I just lost over $600... on Wainright :mope: I thought it might go back up. Anyways, I'm getting out until it starts going back up. It's now at $4, and I bought at $16 :mad: :insane:

gimp, I'd advise you to get out before you lose all your money. If you won't do that, sell for one minute, then buy back in. It should change the market.
I'll try it.........selling then rebuying in a couple of minutes. You're complaining about a $12 per share loss? It was over $150 when I bought.

Peace Out

-Gimp

WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

it's not the dollar per share that's so important... it's the percentage. If I lose $12 a share on a $340 stock, it don't matter to me much, because I only lost a little. But if I lost $12 a share on a $16 stock, that's a BIG loss.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

WINDSHEAR wrote:I can't believe this, I just lost over $600... on Wainright :mope: I thought it might go back up. Anyways, I'm getting out until it starts going back up. It's now at $4, and I bought at $16 :mad: :insane:

I lost $6,000 on Wainright, so don't feel too bad. ;)
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Bulk wrote:

I lost $6,000 on Wainright, so don't feel too bad. ;)
I got out just before the funeral. Lost between $10,000 and $13,000 (I didn't buy all 80 shares at the same price).

Peace Out

-Gimp

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Buh-bye, Wainwright. :bye:
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Think I'm gonna avoid the stocks for a little while now.

Peace Out

-Gimp

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Me, as well... I bought all those Wainright stocks THIS MORNING. :mecry:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Bulk wrote:Me, as well... I bought all those Wainright stocks THIS MORNING. :mecry:
Glad to hear you are using that money wisely. ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Somehow I expected as much from Top...