Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I would LOVE temps in the 40s. You can have my 90s! :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

StrongNChrist wrote:and am hoping to maybe get a job at the local library
This has actually been a desire of mine. Working at a library is my kind of work (laid back, helping people, organizing, etc.).
the_newfie_haystack wrote:Hee, I love this thread. :D
Ditto. :D

I walked to my bank and mall, withdrew money for a teen event I'm attending this weekend, bought some great stuff, and my neighbor offered me a job. It's been a fairly good day. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

American Eagle wrote:I walked to my bank and mall, withdrew money for a teen event I'm attending this weekend, bought some great stuff, and my neighbor offered me a job. It's been a fairly good day. \:D/

Yay \:D/ I love going to teen events. I also delight in the fact when anybody offers me a job that is moral and legal.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

The college campus was handing out free pizza to welcome new students so I braved the crowds and actually got myself a slice. Now I'm sitting in a very crowded cafeteria, wishing I was anywhere but here....Just got out of English class a little while back. Apparently my assignment I wrote that was due today I didn't do correctly :( English is confusing
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

The King s Daughter wrote:
Termite wrote: *cough* Tomorrow, See You At The Pole! (freakishly early, but hey, who's keeping track?)
Pole? Did I miss something?

Yay Sound of Music! It was a family favorite till we watched it so much. :lol:
See you at the pole is where people gather around the flag pole to pray. Yup.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Ah. Okay, thank you for explaining! :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I had a really good day today. I finished school really early then I went to somebody's house to do lawn work. Very satisfying, lawn work. My arms hurt though. I wonder why But I got paid. Then I went to a friend's house and played Wii bowling. That hurt my arms even more since I don't bowl. Oh well. Youth group tonight! We might be celebrating September birthdays which means... JUNK FOOD! That's pretty much what happened.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

*sighs* I just spent almost two hours on a colony chart for my history class... (hehe, it WAS due yesterday, but I misunderstood the fact that it was homework and not just something for us to study on... whoops...) and haven't finished yet. =P Now I'm letting a whole column of whiteout dry since my teacher finally e-mailed me back with an answer to a question, and lo and behold! I'd done the one thing wrong. Grrr....

--Fit of carnality rant. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Ah, ranting ;) And Miss Termite; I wanted to do so, but the time out chair was no where to be found. So he ate pasta, and never had a problem since. Last night went like a breeze. Marble painting, FTW!!! \:D/

Wow. So. Today was crazy. Busy. School took a while, then I made cookies with Wiley (we're crazy good cookie bakers :D) But that wasn't the confuzzling part. Seems a boy at my YG who I went to preschool with has asked me to be his girlfriend of sorts...:P Not that I don't like him--he's a uber sweet guy, and if I was older, I'd say yes in a heartbeat. But I'm 14. I don't want a boyfriend, and not to mention I'm too young for that kinda thing. But what do I say? I don't want to come off hard and 'hurt him' or whatever, because he seems to have to had to get up a lot of courage to ask me, because he said he wanted to ask me before. So what to do...I want to be his friend still (this kind of thing could ruin that if I don't do it right..)..hmmmm....
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Happy day!!!! \:D/ I found the six book fiction series set during the American Revolution that I have been frantically looking for since last fall!! It is now out of print and would have cost me an arm and a leg to replace. I haven't even read them yet. How they got on that shelf I'll never know. That's what happens when you have too many people "helping" you clean out your house. They are now safely on a shelf and there they will stay.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Last night I was playing a game with my 5-year-old sister. For every word starting with "R" that she could think of, I gave her a piece of candy. In trying to help her out, I asked, "What do we do with the leaves?" She answered carefully: "Uhh... play in them?" Ah, the carefree joy of being a kid. \:D/

I've mostly been doing school today, and watched much of Anne of Avonlea. I've probably seen that sequel a dozen times, but it doesn't get old.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Ben Linus wrote:Ah, ranting ;) And Miss Termite; I wanted to do so, but the time out chair was no where to be found. So he ate pasta, and never had a problem since. Last night went like a breeze. Marble painting, FTW!!! \:D/

Wow. So. Today was crazy. Busy. School took a while, then I made cookies with Wiley (we're crazy good cookie bakers :D) But that wasn't the confuzzling part. Seems a boy at my YG who I went to preschool with has asked me to be his girlfriend of sorts...:P Not that I don't like him--he's a uber sweet guy, and if I was older, I'd say yes in a heartbeat. But I'm 14. I don't want a boyfriend, and not to mention I'm too young for that kinda thing. But what do I say? I don't want to come off hard and 'hurt him' or whatever, because he seems to have to had to get up a lot of courage to ask me, because he said he wanted to ask me before. So what to do...I want to be his friend still (this kind of thing could ruin that if I don't do it right..)..hmmmm....
Just say you aren't allowed to date or you need to wait or talk it over with your parents.

Today was a great day again, except for the fact that I'm still slightly sick. Therefore I'm not allowed to go to cross country, but I might just go for a jog with my sister to keep in shape. I hope that I get to go running tomorrow, because I have been getting better, but I'm just not fully better so I don't want to risk getting sick again. It keeps on happening that the days I have hardly any homework are the days that I'm sick, so I couldn't go to cross country, and only end up going to cross country on the days I'm busy.

I'm super excited today!!! I get to see my dad! I haven't seen him for 2 whole weeks! It's exciting. :D
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

American Eagle wrote:Last night I was playing a game with my 5-year-old sister. For every word starting with "R" that she could think of, I gave her a piece of candy. In trying to help her out, I asked, "What do we do with the leaves?" She answered carefully: "Uhh... play in them?" Ah, the carefree joy of being a kid. \:D/

I've mostly been doing school today, and watched much of Anne of Avonlea. I've probably seen that sequel a dozen times, but it doesn't get old.
That's funny! Sounds like my sis.

Youth group worship band practice tonight. Should be fun. Maybe.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

American Eagle wrote:I've mostly been doing school today, and watched much of Anne of Avonlea. I've probably seen that sequel a dozen times, but it doesn't get old.
Especially her falling in the mud! \:D/

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Got my own email address, life is good....:)
I write around two or three papers for school every day, not so good... :anxious:
The cast list for The Nutcracker came out on Monday...wOOt!! :D
I get my first pair of ponte shoes tomorrow, YAY!!!!!!!! \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The King s Daughter wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I've mostly been doing school today, and watched much of Anne of Avonlea. I've probably seen that sequel a dozen times, but it doesn't get old.
Especially her falling in the mud! \:D/
haha I remember that part. I haven't seen those movies in a long time, I should watch them again.

Life: I didn't read the chapter we were supposed to read, but the quiz on it went okay. But I plan to try and read them from now on AND take notes because we're allowed to look at our notes on the chapter during quizzes, so I might as well take them. School is going better, now that I've gotten some stuff done. There's more to do, but I feel better and more prepared about it. It's getting cooler again here, and but I wore capris and sandals and a short sleeved shirt by mistake. Hopefully it'll be cold tomorrow too, so I can wear warm clothes \:D/
tomorrow the only thing I have to do is turn in a paper I did way in advance (but will still revise a little), and then I don't have any classes the rest of the day! That night there is a worship night which I'll go to, and before that hopefully do some homework and and maybe skype with Liz \:D/

Till the end of the line.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Catspaw wrote::highfive: Did you "eat" lots of fake food and sing a song called "God Made the Heavens and the Earth"? \:D/ Complete with all the actions, of course. Good times!
Yep, I had the cutest little girls sitting me down and "feeding" me plastic strawberries and waffles and syrup and various other things. :) We didn't sing that particular song, but we did sing some others, complete with motions! And then one little girl ran into someone somehow and was upset, so she had me hold her for awhile. She was so cute!
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

I just cleaned for half the day. I'm t ired now...

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Ben Linus wrote:Ah, ranting ;) And Miss Termite; I wanted to do so, but the time out chair was no where to be found. So he ate pasta, and never had a problem since. Last night went like a breeze. Marble painting, FTW!!! \:D/

Stick him on his bottom in a corner. \:D/ (I'm cruel when it comes to discipline. :- )

Weeell... Just tell him you don't think you're old enough yet. :shrugs: Not that you don't not like him, just be clear. He shouldn't let himself get too upset over honesty, especially when it comes to age. (if he does... his issue to work out; not yours. :yes: )
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I got my first pair of pointe shoes today. This is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

There are no words suitable for this occasion. :D
*insert provocative quote here*