Ratio of girls to guys on the board

Please be honest, just so we can see which gender actually does RULE this board!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Are you a:

Boy
47%
Girl
53%

Total votes: 60

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

LovedbyGod wrote:Well, girls do mature faster than guys and if you have a girl that is 16 and a guy that is 16, the girl is about 2 years more mentally mature than him. Which is why it's so weird that some girls date/marry younger guys. I'd hate that.
I have heard that some girls mature faster than guys at younger ages but that's not true for everyone. That would explain why I used to be taller than all the guys my age until about junior high when they suddenly started passing me up. :anxious: Mentally too, although I haven't heard of that extending until 16. Girls tend to be more ready for Kindergarten, I think. :-k There will be some cases like that but I don't know how true that is across the board. I've known some 16-year-old guys who are/were very mentally competent for their age. Others... no. :-
Me
An original

Post by Me »

LovedbyGod wrote:Statistical evidence: Seventeen magazine.

:D ROFL

It's more of widely known fact, to my knowledge. I'm sure their are exceptions to the rule, but in my personal experience, that's been true.
LOL! What a paragon of factual information. *rolls eyes*
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Not to dis on guys, but I have found that generally to be true as well. There are certainly exceptions, but most guys I have met took a few years to catch up on the maturity level........
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

In my inexpert but nevertheless relatively experienced opinion (whatever that means), the guy/girl mental differentia of maturity is completely case-sensitive. I have no idea why guys and girls try to prove which gender is smarter besides that that's the way it's always been. Maybe it has something to do with Adam and Eve. Of course, then technically guys would be smarter. :D But it's really a sexist idealism ain't it? And like I said I believe it's entirely case-sensitive and has not much to do with gender. What are you trying to prove anyway? Sorry if I sound like a know-it-all, I do when I try to post a long thing like this.

-=_JC_=-
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Most guys I know act in general a lot less mature than girls... but at the same time when it comes to serious things and life decisions, the guys seem to make better choices and have more wisdom in that regard, while girls have a certain propensity for ruining their lives for no good reason other than they want to make bad decisions... :-k

Around these here parts at least.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Actually, in my personal opinion, guys act a bit more mature than girls sometimes. Especially in Junior High and sometimes high school. #-o One girl says something about another. It could have even been mis-enterperted, but the girls spreads it around, twists it to her advantage, and eventually, everyone hates everyone. Or actually, all the girls hate all the girls. If that were a guy's situation, they'd just beat each other up, and that'd be the end of it. At least that's what has happened with my brother and sister. :P

Sarah
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

The Top Crusader wrote:Most guys I know act in general a lot less mature than girls... but at the same time when it comes to serious things and life decisions, the guys seem to make better choices and have more wisdom in that regard, while girls have a certain propensity for ruining their lives for no good reason other than they want to make bad decisions... :-k

Yeah, that seems to ring true. Like an anonymous friend of mine said to me the other day, "Guys are pretty all-around smart, except for when it comes to the *important* things. Like crushes! Or pickup lines!" Ha!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I've also heard that young women tend to be more mature than young men the same age. but it shouldn't be taken for granted. Each case is different, and maturity levels vary widely.

Cheerio
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The Top Crusader wrote:Mbut at the same time when it comes to serious things and life decisions, the guys seem to make better choices and have more wisdom in that regard, while girls have a certain propensity for ruining their lives for no good reason other than they want to make bad decisions...

Well, that doesn't make sense, no matter where you live. Why would girls do things to "ruin their lives" more than guys? Take a girl getting pregnant for example, it's basically the girl's problem and the girl's consequences even though 50% of the fault was a guy's.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

LovedbyGod wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Mbut at the same time when it comes to serious things and life decisions, the guys seem to make better choices and have more wisdom in that regard, while girls have a certain propensity for ruining their lives for no good reason other than they want to make bad decisions...

Well, that doesn't make sense, no matter where you live. Why would girls do things to "ruin their lives" more than guys? Take a girl getting pregnant for example, it's basically the girl's problem and the girl's consequences even though 50% of the fault was a guy's.
Well, theoretically that is true to a point, but my real meaning behind that is I've known so many "good" girls who end up with some "bad" guy for no reason other than wanting to have fun or some such thing. And that is there own fault, if they choose to forsake all their Christian upbringing... the guys in these cases are "innocent" in that they never professed any real faith to begin with, so they're just doing what they are supposed to do. And girls fall right into their trap.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Top Crusader wrote:Most guys I know act in general a lot less mature than girls... but at the same time when it comes to serious things and life decisions, the guys seem to make better choices and have more wisdom in that regard, while girls have a certain propensity for ruining their lives for no good reason other than they want to make bad decisions... :-k

I do believe there's some truth to your words as I think about it... :-k

There are always the mold-breakers though. :-
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

The Top Crusader wrote:
LovedbyGod wrote:

Well, theoretically that is true to a point, but my real meaning behind that is I've known so many "good" girls who end up with some "bad" guy for no reason other than wanting to have fun or some such thing. And that is there own fault, if they choose to forsake all their Christian upbringing... the guys in these cases are "innocent" in that they never professed any real faith to begin with, so they're just doing what they are supposed to do. And girls fall right into their trap.
Like, 'you cant get a car out of the mud if you go down into the mud with it'.

Also should we discuss this sudject- its like somthing for older people to disscuss, and with kids and immature peole on the board..... O:)
seriously now

EDIT: If I'm going to preach I must be honest- once I got a double account and pretended to be boy on one, girl on th' other... :bolt:
I don't have it now though.
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

About the marrying younger men....my dad is 4 1/2 years younger than my mom, and I think it is perfectly alright as long as both parties are mature and have considered all the other factors. I know I personally wouldn't prefer to marry a younger man, but that's not to say I won't. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

It is a proven fact that boys mature slower than girls, but they do catch up. And because they are made by God to be head of a home one day, they are better at making big descisions than girls.
Priscilla

<><
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

:D YES so i will catch up
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

Frodo wrote:It is a proven fact that boys mature slower than girls, but they do catch up. And because they are made by God to be head of a home one day, they are better at making big descisions than girls.
Is that why I charge around playing cops 'n' robbers while the boys my age sit around yakking? :anxious:
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

Just have fun while you can. :D
Priscilla

<><
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Alleycat wrote:
Frodo wrote:It is a proven fact that boys mature slower than girls, but they do catch up. And because they are made by God to be head of a home one day, they are better at making big descisions than girls.
Is that why I charge around playing cops 'n' robbers while the boys my age sit around yakking? :anxious:
hehe it's the opposite at my church
...I hate marquees.