Macs or Windows

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What are better?

Beautiful, Wonderful Macs!
30%
Windows.
58%
Something else
13%

Total votes: 64

WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

The only point I'm not sure of is whether it was the actual company endorsing it, or Steve Jobs, the head. Either way, it doesn't matter, and I dont' want to support somebody or some company who supports Satan. :noway:
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

First, if you heard that one guy in the entire factory was gay would you stop buying the product? I postitive they can't all be Satan worshipers and none of there computers come with a pop up saying, "Worship Satan" or something like that...
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Darth Birdie wrote:First, if you heard that one guy in the entire factory was gay would you stop buying the product? I postitive they can't all be Satan worshipers and none of there computers come with a pop up saying, "Worship Satan" or something like that...
no, but the head of the company, or the company itself, is what matters. If Steve Jobs endorses Satan worship, he likely gives money to that church. If the company endorses it, (which would mean the board would have to vote for it) then they likely give charity to the church of Satan, much like Bill Gates and Microsoft, giving to foundations and stuff.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

I couldn't find anything about Steve Jobs worshipping Satan...
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I don't want to support anyone who believes in DRM. :(
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

WINDSHEAR wrote:The only point I'm not sure of is whether it was the actual company endorsing it, or Steve Jobs, the head. Either way, it doesn't matter, and I dont' want to support somebody or some company who supports Satan. :noway:
the apple logo is on the church of satan website ;)
sniper
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by sniper »

Pc Pro wrote:one more thing Mac supports the church of Satan ;)
That is actually false, If you do some research you will find out that the church of Satan did not have permission to put the apple logo on their website, they even say that themselves. In fact Apple sued the church of Satan for having the logo on their website.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

sniper wrote:
That is actually false, If you do some research you will find out that the church of Satan did not have permission to put the apple logo on their website, they even say that themselves. In fact Apple sued the church of Satan for having the logo on their website.
I was just about to say that...some claim that Mac supports Church of Satan because the used a picture of Anton Szandor LaVey (founder of Church of Satan) in an advertisement. If anything it's the Church of Satan that supports Apple. But definitely not the other way around...you can read all about it here.

I believe Steve Jobs is actually Lutheran. I'm not positive, but that's what I've heard...

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Me wrote:I don't want to support anyone who believes in DRM. :(
There's a good point *goes to Linux* ;)
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

macnut24 wrote:
sniper wrote:
I was just about to say that...some claim that Mac supports Church of Satan because the used a picture of Anton Szandor LaVey (founder of Church of Satan) in an advertisement. If anything it's the Church of Satan that supports Apple. But definitely not the other way around...you can read all about it here.

I believe Steve Jobs is actually Lutheran. I'm not positive, but that's what I've heard...
Okay, seriously... that website gives me the creeps! I took a look around and they sound pure demonic. Don't you get this "feeling" that it's devilish even before you read any line of text?
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

if the Church of Satan endorses it, I don't want to have anything to do with it if I can help it. =;

:noway:
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Samwise wrote:
macnut24 wrote:
sniper wrote:

Okay, seriously... that website gives me the creeps! I took a look around and they sound pure demonic. Don't you get this "feeling" that it's devilish even before you read any line of text?
I was too scared to look around... :bolt:

My point was just that even they are saying Mac doesn't endorse them...

WINDSHEAR wrote:if the Church of Satan endorses it, I don't want to have anything to do with it if I can help it. =;

:noway:
Church of Satan never said they endorse Mac just that they used it to make their website and that the founder of their organization likes Mac.

I don't care that you don't want to have anything to do with it, but your statement is somewhat illogical. It's like saying that because Saddam endorsed windows you decided to never use windows again...that's rather illogical.

WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Thanks macnut, I wanted somebody to bring that point out. :-

(no, I didn't seriously mean it) ;)
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

This is turning into a Town Hall disscussion...
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

sniper wrote:
I think you will find that their just trying to hid it, anyway I don't want to start a bebate
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Pc Pro wrote:
sniper wrote:
I think you will find that their just trying to hid it, anyway I don't want to start a bebate
Who is hiding what? Apple is trying to hide the fact that they endorse the Church of Satan? That's not true. This is a pretty blank and white issue. Apple sued the Church of Satan for trademark infringement. The only thing. The only thing Apple did that might make one think the they supported Church of Satan was use a picture of their founder in an Apple advertisement. Why would they hind it if you supported them? Or did you mean something else?

Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

they put it there logo there and them found the alot of ppls didn't like it so they fake a sue as I sayed I am not gonig to start a bebate
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

and it takes two to fight, or argue, or debate, so unless you want to argue, don't respond to him.
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

yes I know thats why ^ post was my last in this topic
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Pc Pro wrote:they put it there logo there and them found the alot of ppls didn't like it so they fake a sue as I sayed I am not gonig to start a bebate
I don't understand what you are saying. There are too many pronouns in that sentence and I can't figure out what you meant....but that's fine since you don't want to debate.

I just don't like it when things are said and there is no proof to support it. If Apple and Church of Satan are both saying that Apple doesn't support the Church of Satan then I don't see how anything else can be true. I didn't like that you were saying something that was obviously false which is the only reason I replied in the first place...

I read this is an article:

"Apple computers...has told the Church of Satan it does not want to be associated with it..."

How much clearer can you say it?