AIO 25th Anniversary!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Are you attending AIO's 25th Anniversary Birthday Bash?

YES. I wouldn't miss it! \:D/
20%
It's very possible. :)
7%
Idk...I really want to...but not sure if it will work out. :(
33%
*sighs* No... :mope:
31%
NO! WHY WOULD I WANT TO GO TO THEIR SMELLY SHOW?! :x
9%

Total votes: 45

Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

It seems that there will be a live show in Dallas and some sort of bash in Colorado in November. It won't be a live show though.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

snubs wrote:
Peeta wrote:That was very. .undetailed :| Even the "contest" didn't say much.

I could have just read what was written =P
No, I think it was just undetailed. This is really annoying....I have so many questions, what's their problem?? #-o
I agree, I didn't learn much from the video >_>
EMBEE wrote:Aaand according to what they said in a comment on Facebook, the contest is only open to kids ages 6-15. :( My siblings might want to enter though.
Orilly? That means it's going to be a kid character \:D/ Still, I won't/can't enter, I believe.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Yeah, now I am tied. What if the one in Colorado has more stuff to do?? Even without the Live Show, it could be more fun, in my opinion.

Too bad about the contest too. :( They should have mentioned the age range in the video. And what if someone older sounds like a young kid? =]
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Having two events could make planning any ToO get together(s) slightly difficult as well.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Yeah, I agree. But I am a little more worried about how I am going to use my money at the moment.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

EMBEE wrote:Having two events could make planning any ToO get together(s) slightly difficult as well.
Can't we assume that all the real fans wouldn't miss either one? ;)

The Colorado event sounds like it lends itself better to a ToO get-together but, I'm sure something will be planned for Texas as well. We just really need more information. *waits impatiently*
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
EMBEE wrote:Having two events could make planning any ToO get together(s) slightly difficult as well.
Can't we assume that all the real fans wouldn't miss either one? ;)
I would totally be at both! However, I don't have that kind of money to blow. :(

...unless I just randomly found 1 or 2 thousand dollars! \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

EMBEE wrote:Aaand according to what they said in a comment on Facebook, the contest is only open to kids ages 6-15. :( My siblings might want to enter though.
The world crumbles. :(

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I'm kind of hoping we don't do a big gathering at the Texas show because I wanted to have a graduation party around that time and a bunch of ToOers would be invited...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

DanP740 wrote:I'm kind of hoping we don't do a big gathering at the Texas show because I wanted to have a graduation party around that time and a bunch of ToOers would be invited...
But the Texas show could be the only thing I get to go to until the 30th anniversary. :sniff:
Last edited by snubs on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Then go ahead, go to whatever you want. I don't officially have a party yet anyway.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I would be deeply hurt if I got to go to Texas and didn't get meet you guys. Ok, not deeply but you get the idea.
Last edited by Bren on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Bren wrote:I would be deeply hurt if I got to go to Texas and didn't get meet you guys. Ok, not deeply but you get the idea.
I would be disappointed as well.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Well, maybe the ones who are closer to Texas go to Texas, then the rest go to Colorado. I need to find out what Tim's doing.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'm only about eight or so hours away from Dallas, but honestly, from what we know about the events at this point, I'd rather go to the one in Colorado since that's where "Whit's End" and all that stuff is. But in the end, which one we go to (if we even can go to one) will be my parent's decision.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

The Colorado one might actually be an option, I wasn't paying attention, what are the dates again?
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Uhm - where is the info about the colorado one? I missed something. Anyone care to fill me in? :) Thanks!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Bren has the scoop, you should ask him. :yes:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Basically, JF777, there's going to be a live show in Dallas in June which will be similar to the 2008 live show. (probably autograph lines, question & answer time, that kind of stuff) There will also be some sort of event in November (we don't know the date yet - at least I don't). All we know for sure will happen there is the winner of the 'Get in the Show' contest will be announced. (which may not be terribly exciting for many of us, given that most of us are probably ineligible due to the age requirement but, they haven't given hardly any information as to what that event will include/be like) It is quite confusing (especially since both events are being called 'Birthday Bash'es but, in the most recent podcast, they clearly talk about the live show in Dallas on June 16th and the promotional video for the 'Get in the Show' contest indicates that the winner will be announced at FOTF HQ. Let's hope they release some more details soon but, regardless, I'm very excited for the summer (and fall) celebration(s)! :D
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

snubs wrote:Bren has the scoop, you should ask him. :yes:
What if I don't want to spill my scoop? :noway: Then again, what if I did? :-
ImageImageImage
logos linked