All Hail Our New President!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Jonathan wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Were you not taught to respect your elders, let alone government, higher powers, no matter how much you disagreed with them?
Aren't you the one who was asking about impeachments the day after CIA won?

Also, Prop 8 passed.

And lastly, I want to comment on the whole 57 state thing.

I've seen the video, the man was tired. He had just said he wouldn't be visiting three states, than said that 57. I'm positive he intended to say 47, he just slipped up--partly from being tired, partly from being in the high-stress situation he was in.

In my humble opinion, not a big deal.
Agreed.

You want to know why I was asking about impeachmeant? SHEER CURIOSITY. But no one believes me.. why? Because at that point in time, in my US History class, we were talking about impeachment (more like the consitution and such) and I thought of Clinton.. and Johnson... and then I WONDERED if you could impeach someone here on this board. Curiosity kills the cat I guess in this case... Who EVER said I wanted to impeach CIA? Please... only when my dreams feel like dreaming up about my crushes (never happens.. so... answer is: no) Once again, assming...

I did say on the thread out of honest curiosity. I was just wondering about it. You know, what if there happened to be a bad apple in adminship. What would we do to take care of it? Do we have anything set up for it, IN CASE? NO matter what, there are bad apples... bad people... intentions are this, but they do that...

Hmm... sounds like a lesson for all of us. No matter what people say, you can't always believe them (hint: both McCain and Obama..)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Tehswift wrote:God appointed our new leader, if you have a problem with that, go to God about it.
You might want to ignore this post, but I will say what I have to say anyway.

Obama is not president yet. Until he is inaugurated, he is neither president nor in charge of anything (save Illinois as senator). I would not say that God has appointed this person yet. I would never say that the people's choice is God's appointed until that person is indeed the ruler.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

KODY 105 wrote:
Tehswift wrote:God appointed our new leader, if you have a problem with that, go to God about it.
You might want to ignore this post, but I will say what I have to say anyway.

Obama is not president yet. Until he is inaugurated, he is neither president nor in charge of anything (save Illinois as senator). I would not say that God has appointed this person yet. I would never say that the people's choice is God's appointed until that person is indeed the ruler.
but as Christians we aught to respect people. Whether they are in government positions or just normal lower class (or higher) positions.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I don't know... you dont' want to know my ideas on the subject. Cali just kinda messed with it's own self... vote in a gay rights president.. ban gay marriage.. ha?
See, I stopped trying to understand Cali a long time ago... it's just weird.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

You guys seriously wanted this person in one of the most powerful positions of the political stage?
I'm not Anti-Mccain, though. I just think the States seem like they really need a major change in how it has been governed. The way its appeared is that Bush has been so focused on the oversees wars that he's let his own country fall into one crises after the other.
The results of this election have been one of the few things to elevate the country's reputation in the last six years.
It's ironic, though that in the election we just had a couple of weeks ago in Canada we re-elected our Conservative government (though in perspective, our Conservative government is probably about as right-wing as the American Republicans)
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The same people who got Obama elected, predominantly black voters, were the same ones who got Prop 8 passed. The African-American community still holds that part of their morality intact.

I find it bitterly ironic that people who have been bashing Bush for the last 8 years are preaching r-e-s-p-e-c-t for a man who has been elected but isn't even president YET. So instead of telling me to respect the president elect, maybe people should lead by example and start giving President Bush the respect he deserves and has deserved the last 8 years.

Just a thought. Also, this is directed at the Democrats/Liberals/Extreme liberals in my personal life, the disrespect of whom I've witnessed many times. I.E. "I hate him... He's an idiot.... He's a retard... He's not a Christian..." And to hear that from Christians is a little ridiculous.

Yet here, and other places, when someone who doesn't support Obama, like myself, brings up policy issues I do not and will not agree/support him on, we're considered disrespectful? :-k
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:The same people who got Obama elected, predominantly black voters, were the same ones who got Prop 8 passed. The African-American community still holds that part of their morality intact.

I find it bitterly ironic that people who have been bashing Bush for the last 8 years are preaching r-e-s-p-e-c-t for a man who has been elected but isn't even president YET. So instead of telling me to respect the president elect, maybe people should lead by example and start giving President Bush the respect he deserves and has deserved the last 8 years.

Just a thought. Also, this is directed at the Democrats/Liberals/Extreme liberals in my personal life, the disrespect of whom I've witnessed many times. I.E. "I hate him... He's an idiot.... He's a retard... He's not a Christian..." And to hear that from Christians is a little ridiculous.

Yet here, and other places, when someone who doesn't support Obama, like myself, brings up policy issues I do not and will not agree/support him on, we're considered disrespectful? :-k
It was not predominately black voters! To get to be president you need more than black people to get you into office. Face it! Christians and other people like you voted him into office get over it....

I never said you were disrespectful but when Bush was voted into office my parents NEVER said I wish Jesus would come or anything like that. They disagreed with his policies but they disagreed RESPECTFULLY.
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

You know what? I'm not that crazy about Obama. I don't agree with what he stands for, and I don't believe he has the experience needed to lead this country.

BUT:

As of January, he will be our president. I will respect him as such.

Romans 13:1-2, NIV
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

I think that pretty much explains it. I will not agree with him. I will respect him and pray for him, because if I claim to follow God (which I do), I have no other choice.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

JED wrote:
It was not predominately black voters! To get to be president you need more than black people to get you into office. Face it! Christians and other people like you voted him into office get over it....
The turn out of black and other minority voters were why he won. And yes, the fact that Christians voted for him bothers me a lot.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Trust me not being racist:

WHITE PEOPLE MAKE A LARGE PERCENT OF THE POPULATION THEREFORE CHRISTIAN WHITE PEOPLE, ALOT OF CHRISTIAN WHITE PEOPLE VOTED FOR OBAMA.

Just face it....
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

And a lot of Christian white people also voted for McCain.

What's your point JED?
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Jonathan wrote:And a lot of Christian white people also voted for McCain.

What's your point JED?
That you can't blame the black people for winning the election for Obama. Alot of white people voted for him to.

That's my point.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

JED wrote:

What's your point JED?
That you can't blame the black people for winning the election for Obama. Alot of white people voted for him to.

That's my point.
And as Jennifer Doyle mentioned, he probably wouldn't have won without a large turnout of black voters. ;)
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

JED wrote:

What's your point JED?

That's my point.
JED, African Americans outnumber Caucasians in the US now. Add all of the 'minorities' (hate that word, btw) into the mix, and even if ALL of the Caucasians had voted for McCain, Obama still would have won.

Yes, most of the voters for Obama were black, Hispanic, etc...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

LOL what? :-s African-American's DO NOT outnumber caucasians. :noway:

It is the largest minority group but caucasians outnumber all combined minorities approx. 3-1.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Shockers wrote:LOL what? :-s African-American's DO NOT outnumber caucasians. :noway:

It is the largest minority group but caucasians outnumber all combined minorities approx. 3-1.

Thank you TOP! =D>

Ok I admit that 97% of blacks voted for Obama but white people voted for him to. So please get over it....
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Humans outnumber all combined minorities, ie: robots.

Ok I admit that **% of humans voted, but the robots wanted to vote too!

So please get over it....

;)

C'mon now, why is it important who voted for him? The question is: Now what? :-k
Love is stronger than death.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

PJ wrote:C'mon now, why is it important who voted for him? The question is: Now what? :-k
Buy lots of guns. \:D/
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Smarties wrote:
PJ wrote:C'mon now, why is it important who voted for him? The question is: Now what? :-k
Buy lots of guns. \:D/
And butter! \:D/
(You see, when you trade your guns for butter, you'll have the upper hand and can start a butter import company. That way, you get more guns in the long run than butter, but still have the ability to spread dairy products on your toast. Which may or may not be traded in for nuclear weapons.)
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

PJ wrote:Humans outnumber all combined minorities, ie: robots.

Ok I admit that **% of humans voted, but the robots wanted to vote too!

So please get over it....

;)

C'mon now, why is it important who voted for him? The question is: Now what? :-k
Jennifer claimed that black people got Obama into office and I am proving that that is not true.. that's all