Most Listened-To Episode

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Bob wrote:A better (and easier) question for me might be the least-played episode, actually, and while it's hard to say, I think the winner of that one would be "Castles and Cauldrons", which I haven't listened to probably in years, and I don't have any particular desire to do so now.
I think that would be the same for me, because I think it is one of the few episodes (that air on Whitsend.org) that I haven't ever listened too.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I haven't heard "Castles and Cauldrons" in years either, and I sort of want to hear it. :anxious:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

You should listen to it :-

I listen to Back to Bethlehem/The Star quite a bit \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I haven't heard "Castles and Cauldrons" in years either, and I sort of want to hear it. :anxious:
It's a good episode. I really liked it.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
TigerintheShadows

I'm not too sure, though...it sounds sort of like it comes across as "anything related to magic is of the devil!".
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I'm not too sure, though...it sounds sort of like it comes across as "anything related to magic is of the devil!".
Not to get into a debate or anything, but in my opinion I think that statement is true (whether AIO was saying that or not). I don't mean for magicians, however, because that is not magic but illusions.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

True, most magic is nothing more than illusions. While some people may not agree with it, I still think that its point isn't brought across that strongly.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
TigerintheShadows

I meant "media that includes magic" (i.e. Dungeons and Dragons, Harry Potter, et cetera), not magic itself. Yes, real life magic is of the devil and should be avoided; I was referring to the media that includes it. However, I would recommend any further debate being taken to a PM; right now it's getting off-topic.

Hmm...I recall listening to "Broken Window" and "Snow Day" a lot, too.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Honestly, I haven't listened to many lately, but I'm listening to ANNAN right now. :D Someone on here reminded me of its awesomeness.

But when I am on an AIO kick, I listen to any episode with Richard Maxwell. Pretty much. Waylaid, the Homecoming, DBD episodes... I also listen to the Last I Do a lot, and the Eugene/Everett/Eugene's dad saga. I can't remember his name, sorry. See? ;) The Top Floor I love.

As for Castles and Cauldrons, I say listen. I can't because to this day is still scares me. I'M 19! If you are curious, go for it. The way Odyssey portrays it and deals with it I thought was actually pretty good.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

My most listened to episodes are probably:

Karen
It is Well
Thank You, God
Back to Bethlehem Parts I and II
Connie Parts I and II
And Pilgrim's Progress Revisited Parts I and II.

I remember these episodes most because they were my first album. I had received the cassette tapes when I was like 6, and they were the only AIO I ever heard until I was 9 years old.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Back to Bethlehem, Monty?

Well done \:D/

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Isn't Back to Bethlehem a 3 parter? I probably listen to the Blackgaard Saga the most since we have it. Great for full day of driving road trips.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yes, it is.

And is that the only one you have? :-k

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Gaius wrote: And is that the only one you have? :-k
If your talking to me no. I have albums 5, 10, 23, 24, 25, 50, and Platinum.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Knight Fisher wrote:
Gaius wrote: And is that the only one you have? :-k
If your talking to me no. I have albums 5, 10, 23, 24, 25, 50, and Platinum.
you're* :-

Mmk. You made it sound as if you had only that.

Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Aloha Oy 1,2,3, Do or Diet, Pink is not my Color, Something Blue 1 and 2, and Our Daily Bread. Me and my siblings quote lines from Our Daily Bread. Lines such as "The pickins were mighty slim at the park, but I managed to nab this squirrel"-George "Dad, that look more like a rat"-Jimmy "Squirrel, rat. It's meat, ain't it? Fire up the stewpot, Mary. We're gonna eat tonight!"-George. We quote that at random places such as the dinner table. It's our favorite line. :yes:
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Actually for me probably the Green Ring Conspiracy part 12. Gosh I listen'd to that album a lot.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I would have to say, "Naturally, I assumed." I've heard it so many times now! It's crazy! :p
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

CammillaFan wrote:Aloha Oy 1,2,3, Do or Diet, Pink is not my Color, Something Blue 1 and 2, and Our Daily Bread. Me and my siblings quote lines from Our Daily Bread. Lines such as "The pickins were mighty slim at the park, but I managed to nab this squirrel"-George "Dad, that look more like a rat"-Jimmy "Squirrel, rat. It's meat, ain't it? Fire up the stewpot, Mary. We're gonna eat tonight!"-George. We quote that at random places such as the dinner table. It's our favorite line. :yes:
HAHA...love that quote!

I honestly couldn't begin to list them all. I don't even know. I love the Darkness Before Dawn saga, as well as the earlier Blackgaard episodes, so those I've listened to quite a bit...Aloha Oy!, Pilgrim's Progress, The Curse, Suspicious Minds, The Case of the Secret Room, the Wish You were Here saga, Connie I&II, For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll, The One About Trust, Solitary Refinement, Naturally, I Assumed, Train Ride, and of course, Album 6 (Mysterious Missions...err...can't remember the whole title off the top of my head!) was the only one I had for a number of years, so that's been listened to a lot...love the episodes with Jared in them too, so those are good ones...a few of the Novacom eps I lsitened to a lot...but sheesh, I really can't say what one I've listened to the most.

Castles and Cauldrons was a good episode. I don't really take it that it speaks out against all things involving any sort of magic, but definitely against the witchcraft sort of magic, and I think it is a good warning. Whit said himself that not all RPGs were bad, but you have to be careful.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
TigerintheShadows

Well, yeah; if all RPGs were bad, Gower's Field would be kind of a moot point. ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog