Your Favorite Computer Brand.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Choose you this day whom ye will serve!

Acer
No votes
Apple
33%
ASUS
No votes
Chromebook
No votes
Dell
39%
HP
17%
Lenovo
6%
MSI
No votes
Samsung
No votes
Sony
6%
Toshiba
No votes

Total votes: 18

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Your Favorite Computer Brand.

Post by American Eagle »

Explain here. :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
ique
Found

Post by ique »

You know this has the potential to start a PC vs Mac war right? =p
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Bring back Gateway! :protest:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

For me it's not which I like the most. It's which I don't hate.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I like HP because I'm familiar with it. Also, when I was younger I liked them because of the HP game console! I guess its because of past favoritism, probably. Never owned a mac. :cry: Even though we have 5 computers, not counting laptops. My dad does IT stuff independently.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

E-Machines. \:D/ They had the awesome iMac clone until Apple sued them. :(

Anyway, I have had Macs since about 2005, and they're decent. Mostly because I don't have issues with them and they seem to last longer than my other laptops (HP, Sony, etc). The downside is that the initial cost is higher, there are still compatibility issues (despite what some may claim), and OEM parts are often a bit more difficult and costly to obtain outside of Apple.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

CammillaFan wrote:Even though we have 5 computers, not counting laptops. My dad does IT stuff independently.
Ditto on the IT part except the independently. Yeah my family has 4.
Sherlock wrote:E-Machines.
No. They're in the I hate category. Decent computers. Horrible cases. Maybe it's just me. :shrugs:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Apple and that is because my brother was a HUGE Apple fan and he got me started with Apple.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

HP is good I guess. That's mostly what I use. For me, it's not about brand necessarily. It's about what specifications I need and which computer has those specs at a good price.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I don't have a Mac but we use them at school and they are the best.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Quantex. I grew up on those. ;) Our current computers are Dell cases, so probably Dell motherboards, but there's no telling what the rest is.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Apple.

If I had to chose another, I'd pick HPs, because their laptops mimic MacBooks. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

The Top Crusader wrote:Bring back Gateway! :protest:
I thought Gateway was still around... at least for laptops... :-s
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I'm not really sure I know the difference between any of them. :anxious: To me, computer brands are just different labels slapped onto really thin rectangular prisms with wires and circuitry in them that allow me to connect to the Internet and use Microsoft Word.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

DanP740 wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Bring back Gateway! :protest:
I thought Gateway was still around... at least for laptops... :-s
Amidst crashing and burning as a company in 2007, they were bought by Acer for $710M. According to their website, they're still selling computers and stuff, but not on a large scale.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

LOLZ we used then where I used to work, and basically in 2007 said, "lol sorry we are voiding all warranties".

A good time was had by all! \:D/

We switched to HP after that and they were decent overall. When problems did come up customer service was pretty good.

Any recommendations from anyone? My wife's laptop is near death and she needs it for work... our desktop is also in pretty bad shape, and I just use my company laptop which is pretty good but she can't install the stuff on it she needs (and I have it at work with me lots of the time anyway) so... we kind of need to get one. >_>
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

@ Top I highly suggest if you want a new desktop to go newegg.com and build one. Laptop, eh not my area.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Don't really care about having a good desktop at this point... its basically just a media storage unit. ;)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Just saying... :noway:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Top, you don't want Acer or MSI. ;) This is a good list.