album 55

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

hmmm it seems that Cbriggs45 was last logged in 1 minute after they posted that message, I suspect that they came back in time was working on leaving us a message but before they could finish telling us all about 55 the time machine started to malfunction and they only had seconds to get in and get back to their real time before the machine destroyed itself. This explains the unclear message and their disappearance.

-- 10 Nov 2011 02:49 pm --

http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/News:Archive/2011/11/10 news showing off the cover

-- 10 Nov 2011 03:00 pm --

and never mind, I was order to take it down, but I'm sure it'll be turn up again soon

-- 15 Nov 2011 01:20 pm --

and the cover's back YAY :)

as A side note the merging of two posts by the same person right after one another is nice, but I think there should be some sort of time limit on it, I'm getting the feeling no one is reading this
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I just saw the cover art on the offical website. I was very disappointed. It looked much too fake.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oooh, I'm not solving the puzzle because I have it xD

But yeah, is that for real? Will we really have an episode with that?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I don't know. I think it would be an interesting one. The moral could be all about pool safety.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

I think an episode setting in a pool is a different idea. It wouldn't even have to be the whole episode, it could be a single scene. I could see it working.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

That picture must never be posted on this forum. I cannot believe they're promoting images of shirtless guys.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

American Eagle wrote:THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

That picture must never be posted on this forum. I cannot believe they're promoting images of shirtless guys.
I'm sorry, but this statement made me laugh. The picture just doesn't look right, I mean, they look too dry and ot just doesn't look right.

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

For some reason, I thought that Whit was still in his brown sweater vest he's been wearing as of late, then realized you can't see it, but you can sense he's wearing it in the pool!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I think it looks weird. I was expecting something with Jason or Sgt. York, Not a pool party. I was really disappointed.

Can we have an alternate album with an alternate cover? Please! :D
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Peachey Keen wrote:I think it looks weird. I was expecting something with Jason or Sgt. York, Not a pool party. I was really disappointed.

Can we have an alternate album with an alternate cover? Please! :D
I could make one, with the trusty photoshop of course ;) if I find time to do it I'll be sure to post it here.

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Yeah, I was rather disappointed. With all the hype about this album, with the historical eps and the action with Jason, and a great title, I was expected, I don't know, a cover with more excitement?
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Yeah, I was rather disappointed. With all the hype about this album, with the historical eps and the action with Jason, and a great title, I was expected, I don't know, a cover with more excitement?
I'll do my best when I find the time ;) I have a pretty good idea of what it would look like so far, but what my head thinks will look nothing like the final product ;)

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yay, Graces!

This cover, frankly, was just. . .blech. I saw it before it was released and I didn't even know that it was the cover. . .I mean, seriously?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Am I the only one who realized that they're all in "the deep end" of the pool? I doubt it has anything to do with a scene/episode about a pool party; it's probably metaphorical. But still, they could have done waaay better.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I just went and looked at the art, It's lame. They could do so much better than that.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

EMBEE wrote:Am I the only one who realized that they're all in "the deep end" of the pool? I doubt it has anything to do with a scene/episode about a pool party; it's probably metaphorical. But still, they could have done waaay better.
Yeah, I noticed. I knew that's what the pictures about, I just think that the title could be for a much cooler picture.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

The art quality has gone down significantly over the past years. I'm not really fond of the caricature-esque drawings. I mean, look at the old "Darkness Before Dawn" cover.
Now look at the new one.
Now back at the old one. Now back at the new one. (jk) But in all seriousness, the old one just has something about it that the new one doesn't. Maybe it's the mysteriousness of Blaggard's cape flowing in the old one. Or maybe it's his cool cane in the old one vs. his royal scepter in the new one. It could also be Blaggard's greying hair in the old one vs. the skunk-like on in the new one. And yet, maybe it's how he doesn't have a pouty lip in the old one. All silliness aside, I really think the old one has something special about it. I also love it how they try to keep Blaggard's face from being seen in the first one. I think it adds to the mysteriousness of the saga.
Last edited by Mark Prescott on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Mark Prescott~
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I actually really like the artwork for album 55. IF you look at it closely you can even see water droplets on Whit's face. The water sparkles like real water does in the sunlight. And did you guys notice the tulips on either side. If you look at it closeup in high res - the detail is incredible! A LOT of work went into this picture and if you take a few minutes, you can really see that. Even the kid doing a cannonball into the pool looks very much like the kid who plays Matthew Parker. In fact, if you look closely, you can see hints of all the actors in their character's faces. I honestly thing this is one of the best covers yet. It may not fit the album perfectly (that is yet to be determined) but the amount of detail went into this, and just how much this pops is incredible! This pictures stands out, it is bright and cheery and exciting and full of excellent details.

Quit complaining ;)

Also, they are fully clothed from what I can see. Anybody else laugh at Wooton's nose guard and floaties?
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Whit's End is a Victorian manor!!! *Dies of shock.* I always imagined it more castle like. How did I not realise this earlier?

I agree that it does look like there was a lot of work put into the artwork, but I think I'm a bigger fan of some of the more simple art work. I think it may just be the style because I liked the artwork before 51 a lot more than the stuff after 50. I feel like the new art work is slightly trendy and sort of annoying, but that is just me and it is okay to disagree with me. Maybe it's the head proportions? :-k

Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Thank you Sarah. I couldn't have said it better myself.
ImageImageImage
logos linked