The Hunger Games Trailer

Intensity Warning

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
No way I broke the window

The Hunger Games Trailer

Post by 31899 »

Intensity Warning

This looks like it will be rather fantastic.

Last edited by 31899 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Saw it this morning, right as I woke up. Me and my roommates are really excited \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I had a fangirl freakout when I saw that yesterday. \:D/
Last edited by Amethystic on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I'm SOOOO stoked!!!!!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I originally wasn't to sure about The Hunger Games. But I started reading them yesterday... And now I'm on Book 2 and still have no clue how they survive. Grats to the author on being on of the few to not have me know how it will end this far in the book.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

This trailer actually looks pretty epic! \:D/ I wasn't really sure about the first one, but now I'm really psyched for the movie!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Just finished book 2. Wow. I think I might be interested in this movie.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Knight Fisher wrote:But I started reading them yesterday... And now I'm on Book 2 and still have no clue how they survive.
That's rather impressive.

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I loved the trailer a lot. It didn't quite make me fall in love with the series, but close enough. I'm excited. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

31899 wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:But I started reading them yesterday... And now I'm on Book 2 and still have no clue how they survive.
That's rather impressive.

Yeah I'm a fast reader when I like the book. I just finished the third one and now I am sad. My emotions were riding with the entire book. :cry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I haven't read any of the books, and I probably wouldn't have watched the trailer if I hadn't known there were lots of fans here, but it does look interesting. I'm not sure if I would see it. Probably not in theatres, at least, but if I hear good things from you good folks, I would consider seeing it at some point.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

That looks awesome. :D
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Catspaw wrote:I haven't read any of the books, and I probably wouldn't have watched the trailer if I hadn't known there were lots of fans here, but it does look interesting. I'm not sure if I would see it. Probably not in theatres, at least, but if I hear good things from you good folks, I would consider seeing it at some point.
This is me. Exactly.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

A new, epic poster has been released. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

*thread merged*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgssLmsO ... re=related

I cannot wait to see this film \:D/

Suzanne Collins is the co-producer...that will most likely mean that the movie will stay on the same storyline as the book. Hopefully.

The music is amazing \:D/ I have already listened to a lot of it O:) James Newton Howard :inlove:

Great cast, too, in my opinion. Jennifer Lawrence is playing Katniss Everdeen (with brown hair. I guess she's letting go of the blonde look), Josh Hutcherson is Peeta Mellark (Great choice. He will fit the part quite well), and Liam Hemsworth is Gale Hawthorne.

Cinna looks amazing. And Amandla Stenberg as Rue? Adorable.

Overall, I'm hoping for the best, but I think that the movie may not turn out to be as fabulous as I imagine :( I would think that they won't want to let the rating go above PG-13...but there's still a lot of room for graphic material in that realm.
*insert provocative quote here*
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Ya, it's not gonna be R, believe me. That would alienate too much of the book's target audience.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Exactly. The books are directed at "young adults", and Collins won't get enough teenagers if it's rated R.
*insert provocative quote here*
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Rue is SO adorable. And I had no idea Suzanne Collins was co-producing, that's pretty cool. :yes:

Jennifer and Josh look awesome. \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

It will be PG-13 for intense violent thematic material and disturbing images - all involving teens. At least according to IMDB. I wont be seeing it in theaters. :(
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

One more month, people! :D I plan to see this with my roommates and on spring break with my dad.

Till the end of the line.