NaNoWriMo

Who's on board for this year?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I agree with bookworm. I had more time last year to do this. I was also more excited and more equipped. This year I haven't written one word since last Saturday at the write in. I'll write tomorrow at the write-in, but I'm not counting on much. I'm sort of worn out, just from school. My week has literally been one crazy week. And yes, there is part of me being lazy, but I'm exhausted. It is 9:30 on a Friday evening and I'm heading to bed. My wrist's are killing me, and I haven't been on the computer expect a little over two hours out of today. It may have to do with time management, but for SOME, not EVERYONE, it depends on work load. I also haven't written anything longer than two thousand words since March. That's a big gap for writer. I also am still sick and that probably adds to being tired.

Good thing there is Camp NaNoWriMo. They had two months this summer. I didn't do either, but my sister tried. Good for the bored person during the summer. :D Same objective. 50,000 words. And in April there is Script Frenzy. 100 pages of a script. Looks harder than it sounds. lol.

I feel bad I haven't written since Saturday, but.... eh. I have no one encouraging me, the internet is really just becoming nothing to me, and I don't want to challenge anyone through facebook. Tried that. And I just got blown off. :/ And I'm a horrible challenger to myself. lol.

Good luck to you all. :) I figured this would happen to me. School is much more important to me. And extremely time consuming. I have so much to finish this coming week, I kid you not, I'm hoping I get it all done so I can get home in time for Thanksgiving. -_- Yikes.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Two words: WORD WARS. Seriously, they are so helpful. I can get my daily quota in the equivalent of forty-five minutes to an hour. Fifteen minute rounds are great for word sprints. *nods*
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I know that o_o I did one for 15 minutes yesterday and almost got 800 words \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

The Twitter Word Sprints are my equivalent to a night life, these days. Yay for barely getting by! :mad:

I'm really looking forward to Week 3, though. Great things always happen in Week 3. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

How's everyone's NaNo projects going?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I know I'm not so ahead, but I have almost 37,000 words (equivalent to over 100 pages! \:D/)

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well, since I was away last weekend, and stuff piling up from this project, I missed like, five days. Buuut I have already gotten 6,600 words today. About 1k more to reach 25k. So I'm definitely catching up. :-

EDIT: 25k on the WORD. 7,604 words today. :thud:
Last edited by Termite on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I'm at 18,000. *grimace* I have some serious catching up to do.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

xD I met a real NaNoWriter! \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

You, you have some serious catching up to do?!

I HAVE 10,886 WORDS. -_-

But, I resign myself to knowing I will not make it this year. That's okay. Whatever total I do end up with will be words on a fanfiction novel I can one day put on fanfiction.net and happily have reviewers tell me I'm crazy. lol.

It kind of helps for it to be Thanksgiving break, but... I have three tests to study for and friend problems and no energy since I saw Breaking Dawn at midnight, and... just overall blah. I'm still sick too.

YOU GUYS CAN DO IT THOUGH!! :D
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Don't give up, DAM! It's not over till it's over! \:D/ And if you need a word boost, go to one of the word war threads in the NaNo forums. Those things are AMAZING!! (I have another war in five minutes. \:D/ I finally hit 20,000.)
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

12,236 words. :( BUT I AM DETERMINED TO MAKE IT.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

GO EMBEE! Do a word war! \:D/

Now I don't feel so bad for only having 38K. . .

Y'all can do it!

EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I still have never found out what a word war is. :(
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Get together with some people and write as much as you can in say, 15 minutes. The person with the most words wins \:D/

EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

Ah, okay. Figured it was something like that.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Anyone a 50k reacher this year?!

The two girls from my school that did it with me this year crossed the finish line today. Yay for chocolatey celebrations! \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I won last night. \:D/ That's two out of two for me!
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Congratulations, Termite! \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I finished on the 27th \:D/