695: Forgiving More...or Less

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate Forgiving More...or Less!

5 stars
18%
4 stars
27%
3 stars
27%
2 stars
18%
1 star
9%

Total votes: 11

Bren
Be positive!

695: Forgiving More...or Less

Post by Bren »

With a new episode I'm happier than a fat tick on a skinny dog!
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Decent. You can see the review here. http://aio-thechangingtimes.blogspot.com/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

CAMILLA. Thank goodness she's back.

Jason > Jay > Camilla > everybody else

The episode was pretty good. I liked the modern retelling of the Bible story. And, as Bennett pointed out in his review, "Why didn't his insurance take care of it?'' was a great line. \:D/

3.5 / 5 stars
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Yeah I really liked that line, though the one thing I really disliked about the episode was Chris' western wrap-up. It seemed a little offensive to me. Interestingly enough, she also put on FB the other day, a video of her playing Stella Della Rose for a county fair, where she does the same thing. Funny how the timing coincided like that.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:the one thing I really disliked about the episode was Chris' western wrap-up. It seemed a little offensive to me.
Why would someone speaking a western accent be offensive to you? :-k
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I didn't find it offensive, it just seemed that the accent was extremely over-the-top, and that some people may find it offensive. I may be wrong, but it did stick out to me.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I really liked this episode. Finally we have a real kid (not including Matthew) playing a major role on a show. I'm sooooo happy Red was in this episode! He's one of my favorite new characters. I think one of the reasons people don't like him as well is because the writers haven't put him in many shows so they haven't developed his character much. I hope this changes.

Great lesson and family interactions! 4 stars!
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I think this was my favourite episode this season. I really love Camilla, and I'm growing fond of the rest of the Parker family too. Red Hollard isn't a bad character either. The episode kept me interested through-out, and had some laugh aloud moments. The first time I heard Mr. Whittaker's line about having a 'big scoop', I was laughing so hard I actually missed that no-one else laughed. :( I wish they had, I found it funny...
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Well, ladies and gentlemen, if you thought last week's episode was bad, then.... I think it would be kind not to finish that statement. This episode was strange... It seemed like a split episode to me, as the first half had little to do with the second half. I didn't really understand the point of the first half, as the whole thing could have been condensed into 15 minutes. Sadly, that's two bad episodes in a row for me, and another I will not be listening to for a long while.

Come on, we just need fewer scenes of the Parkers, and more Jay!!
he/him | a little stinker.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

My least favorite episode of the season up to this point, but it wasn't terrible, just meandering, simplistic, and less engaging than usual.

Throughout parts of it, Eva and Matthew sounded rather passive and not as animated as they usually do. This episode reminded me of "The Homecoming" in the sense that it explained the difference between just apologizing, and apologizing and asking for forgiveness (though in a very different way, obviously). A very simplistic episode, and Eva and Matthew weren't at their best, but it was fine and a decent child-sized show. I wish Red's story had been an original story instead of just a retelling of a parable, but oh well.

Poor Whit and his "big scoop" joke that fell flat. :(