What instrument(s) do you play??

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What Instrument(s) do you play?

Piano
21%
Violin/fiddle
7%
Guitar
16%
Cello
No votes
Mandolin
5%
Banjo
3%
Viola
2%
Drums
5%
Voice (yes, that's an instrument)
20%
other
20%
I don't play an instrument
2%

Total votes: 61

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

What instrument(s) do you play??

Post by Jesus' Princess »

So what do you play? I play piano, fiddle, guitar and I do voice. My favorite would be the violin, I only recently got good enough on it to actually sound good, before that, you didn't want to be in the house when I was practicing :- Guitar is fun to do backup on, and piano is fun to play anything on \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'm learning guitar, but I sound terrible, and I used to know piano (I can only read basic notes) \:D/ So I'm not too bad off :- Or so I like to think to make myself feel better ;) And nobody say I'm vain :noway:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I play piano, played clarinet in band, and know a few chords on guitar. I'm better at piano than the other instruments, however.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I play guitar (and some of you may say I'm really good... I wouldn't really), and I can play some drums (air drumming actually helps me), and since bass isn't on the poll I clicked "other" (technically I don't play bass yet, but it's so similar to guitar), and I also "play" the vuvuzela.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I play clarinet, bass clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, violin, guitar, baritone and I took three years of piano.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

I can say I am pretty decent with a electric guitar, but I was taught by my dad to play it using my left hand since he's a lefty. So it does feel a bit awkward since I am right handed.

Trying to get back into piano and is currently struggling trying to play with two hands.

And I am not good at singing, just love to do it.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I play recorder and flute, so I voted other. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I play drums, Piano And Guitar.
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

Let's seeee, Guitar, piano, bass, little bit of drums, mandolin, ukelele, voice and harmonica :)

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Methinks we need to do some sort of guitar (or all instrument) competition... partly because I want to see how good you guys are at guitar.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I play guitar, drums, a little bit of bass, piano (normally a keyboard though SYNTHESIZE!), some trumpet, and some really pitiful singing.

Dan, I accept your challenge.
he/him | a little stinker.
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

DanP740 wrote:Methinks we need to do some sort of guitar (or all instrument) competition... partly because I want to see how good you guys are at guitar.
I'm totally in.

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
ique
Found

Post by ique »

I basically play anything with a keyboard on it. I think accordions are my favourite. I'm not so good with stringed instruments, but I play a pitiful amount of viola/violin and I know like 2 chords on the charango.

I bet an instrument competition would be pretty fun. You'd probably have to figure out on what the judging would be based though, because there are so many different instruments, styles, and attributes to be taken into account.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Sorry, I probably should have included flute and bass to my poll, but hey, other works to :)
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

DanP740 wrote:Methinks we need to do some sort of guitar (or all instrument) competition... partly because I want to see how good you guys are at guitar.
I'd totally do that. I stink at guitar, but it would be fun!
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

I'd do it too, either on guitar or some other instrument if it was a multi instrument contest. Either way it would be lots of fun! :)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I play the violin. I also play the piano and sing, but I'm not very good at either of them...
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I'd accept Dan's challenge... But on drums :badgrin:
Joyfully
Found

Post by Joyfully »

I play piano, guitar, accordian, mandolin, banjo, violin/fiddle, ukelele(soprano and tenor), hammer dulcimer, lap dulcimer, harmonica, recorder, Bass guitar, and the upright Bass. I think that's all...... plus singing too. :P
(and the nose flute and the kazoo, if you count those. ;) )

my favorite is the accordian.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Wow, fellow banjo player! awesome! \:D/ what style do you play?